Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 23/06/2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horso View Post
Hi there!

I have just made a new thread begging people to VI me. So, go ahead if you want...

Thanks so much.

After people VI me then I'll tell more about me.

*horso*
horso !
Old 24/06/2010, 05:14 AM

Thank you Banter!
Old 29/06/2010, 02:44 AM

Hello,

My name is Larry and I'm ENTp I guess. I joined the forum because I like reading stuff late at night till I get tired.
Old 29/06/2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
Hello,

My name is Larry and I'm ENTp I guess. I joined the forum because I like reading stuff late at night till I get tired.
Howdy! to our community !
Old 30/06/2010, 11:37 PM

Default Intoduction

I'm an LII (Subtype according to Wikisocion is "The Researcher" ...aka intuitive), and according to MBTI I'm an INFJ (I realize that this doesn't match up perfectly, but don't argue with me because, yes, I am sure). I'm pretty new to socionics, but I've done around a month of research (ironic eh?) on the types before I settled on mine. I'm a few years into MBTI, and I learned about socionics from an MBTI forum.

I joined this forum today in hopes of learning different methods of sub-typing, as I have heard that there are many different theories on it. I also hope to learn more about socionics in general. I am excited about having discovered my typing (it was really very accurate, and more accurate than any MBTI description), and I look forward to more discoveries of the like. And perhaps, in the process, I will have the opportunity to get to know a few of you.
Old 02/07/2010, 07:53 AM
Quarantined

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyS90 View Post
I'm an LII (Subtype according to Wikisocion is "The Researcher" ...aka intuitive), and according to MBTI I'm an INFJ (I realize that this doesn't match up perfectly, but don't argue with me because, yes, I am sure). I'm pretty new to socionics, but I've done around a month of research (ironic eh?) on the types before I settled on mine. I'm a few years into MBTI, and I learned about socionics from an MBTI forum.
Yay! Another female INTj/LII. We are a pretty rare breed indeed.

Would you like you for a child?
Old 02/07/2010, 03:07 PM

I don't consider myself rare ...though I'd love to! I've met a few INTj females along the way.
Old 05/07/2010, 06:04 PM

Hello,everybody! My name is Catherine and I`m ENTp or ILE. I first came across socionics in 2008. I anjoy to stayng here
Old 06/07/2010, 04:22 AM
Quarantined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
Hello,everybody! My name is Catherine and I`m ENTp or ILE. I first came across socionics in 2008. I anjoy to stayng here
Welcome to the forum !

Would you like you for a child?
Old 03/08/2010, 06:29 AM

Hola! My name is Jen and I have been at this personality typing stuff for about 15 years now since the day when I picked up the Do What You Are book. I am INTP who has had a lot of difficulty in the past trying to find a life for myself that I can be happy with. ALthough we INTPs usually want relationships, it can be hard to find that person who suits us and puts up with us. I was just reading here that the ideal INTP partner is ESFP. I had an ESFP friend once and she was very sweet and fun, but we drifted apart due to a complete divergence of life goals. She was a cheerleader; I was a math nerd.

I don't understand how INTP could be paired up with ESFP and make that work in a long-term love relationship. I mean, I guess I can see how a friendship could possibly work, but a love relationship seems almost impossible since the traits which each type most values (intellegence and competence for INTPs, for example) are likely not going to be present in a dual partner. INTPs are theoretical, absent-minded, not the most social, whereas the ESFP is very social (and probably has a lot of boisterous sensing friends, which the INTP probably would probably tire of very quickly), sensitive, altruistic, and very energetic. INTPs seem to run rather low on the energy scale most of the time.

I know there are a lot of different theories out there on compatibility between the types. Socionics version seems counterintuitive to me at first glance, but I would be curious to know how these conclusions have been arrived at, and also if anyone has seen lasting success in a dual relationship. Thanks everyone, and have a great evening.
Old 03/08/2010, 03:45 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by irene624 View Post
Hola! My name is Jen and I have been at this personality typing stuff for about 15 years now since the day when I picked up the Do What You Are book. I am INTP who has had a lot of difficulty in the past trying to find a life for myself that I can be happy with. ALthough we INTPs usually want relationships, it can be hard to find that person who suits us and puts up with us. I was just reading here that the ideal INTP partner is ESFP. I had an ESFP friend once and she was very sweet and fun, but we drifted apart due to a complete divergence of life goals. She was a cheerleader; I was a math nerd.

I don't understand how INTP could be paired up with ESFP and make that work in a long-term love relationship. I mean, I guess I can see how a friendship could possibly work, but a love relationship seems almost impossible since the traits which each type most values (intellegence and competence for INTPs, for example) are likely not going to be present in a dual partner. INTPs are theoretical, absent-minded, not the most social, whereas the ESFP is very social (and probably has a lot of boisterous sensing friends, which the INTP probably would probably tire of very quickly), sensitive, altruistic, and very energetic. INTPs seem to run rather low on the energy scale most of the time.

I know there are a lot of different theories out there on compatibility between the types. Socionics version seems counterintuitive to me at first glance, but I would be curious to know how these conclusions have been arrived at, and also if anyone has seen lasting success in a dual relationship. Thanks everyone, and have a great evening.
It's not for everyone of course, but your objection - at least one of them - it might suprise you to learn that there can be ESFPS who are interested in maths and INTPS who aren't interested in maths.

Like any relationship, things in common helps, but what about differences but also similarities?

http://www.advalvas.vu.nl/images/AdV...F/PDF/5618.pdf
One in three marriages ends in the Netherlands in a divorce. Many people fail to a good relationship to maintain. Is there a secret recipe? Psychologists discovered that a number of important factors in obtaining or keeping a good relationship. The most important ones: your ideal partner should be good at things which like you want to be better and vice versa. Then you can learn from each other and stay together you admire. A team of psychologists, led of VU-pyscholoog Caryl Rusbult, published this conclusion recently in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. The mechanism whereby someone's partner helps to achieve of its ideals is the Michelangelo-effect, because the decision of the sculptor that the image in the stone was and he only the excess stone need away. The research was interviews of Rusbult 136 up from North Carolina. They were asked about their ambitions. These goals were not all great and exciting. The Rusbult interviewed people who had often arranged plans. She wanted to lose weight, graduation or a good job. Previous research has demonstrated that the cliche "Opposites attract" in the practice direction. Maybe for a wild night of sex, but not for a long-term relationship. "Your relationship is more chance of success as your partner on your looks, "says Catrin Finkenauer, one of the researchers and employed by the department of social psychology VU. "At each other makes life easier. That is a fact. "In line with that it helps if the same things important partners found. For a long happy relationship is having the same goals or ambitions a plus.
Which is a machine translation, basically saying that the best partners are those who are good at the things we aren't good at but would like to be good at. You as an INTP may appreciate a partner who's good at emotional understanding and interacting with the world, social aspects. Roughly speaking you could say that this is duality.

Someone who's good at the things you want to be good at, yet shares similar life values to you (duality entails shared values such as functional preferences leading to quadra values).

Maybe socionics is just a means to express such a thing. I'm not saying it is, take out it what you will, or nothing, don't matter to me
Old 06/08/2010, 02:30 AM

Default INFp say whattt?!

I've been into MBTI for awhile but I'm new on this Socionics stuff... a good friend of mine (ENTp) got me into it and apparently I'm an INFp! Wootwoot! So, yeah, I figured I'd look around here for awhile... maybe just creep, but we'll see. Anyways, helloooo everybody!
Old 06/08/2010, 06:18 AM

Hi everyone,

I don't know what to say except I thought I was an ISFP,but I tested on this site and it keeps telling me I'm a INFP. So now I'm confused.
Thank you for listening!
Old 06/08/2010, 12:06 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrjw View Post
Hi everyone,

I don't know what to say except I thought I was an ISFP,but I tested on this site and it keeps telling me I'm a INFP. So now I'm confused.
Thank you for listening!
I didn't hear a word
Old 06/08/2010, 12:27 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrjw
Hi everyone,

Thank you for listening!

I didn't hear a word
Old 11/08/2010, 12:30 PM

Wink Hiya everyone, my name is Thirsty, infj!

Hiya, its really great to be joining this forum. Im looking forward to pick up some good tips for healthy relationships, and to advise where i can.
Old 14/08/2010, 01:39 AM

Default Hi there...

I'm Cierra, an ENFP.

I've already started a couple threads but I thought I'd do the formalities and say hello here. Right-o
Old 15/08/2010, 12:53 PM

Lightbulb

Hello I am mystery, this is probably the only punctuated post I'll make. I am 25 years old, for most of my childhood I showed INTJ traits coupled with a few INTP ones as well, probably out of necessity. That was from ages 8-16 or so, from ages 17 onwards, I started showing more and more INTP traits and this was not so good because one should not be labouring under the impression they are an INTP when they are an INTJ. It did (not) help that I suffered from malnutrition due to my already existing INTP personality dominance, despite it being the foreign one. 2 days ago as of this message I took a multi-vitamin and within hours I had started demonstrating ridiculously clear INTJ traits, with what I thought was ADD/ADHD simply ceasing to exist, and no manic or depressive qualities which I found rather interesting.

I got diagnosed as an INTP when I was about 12 or 13, and took to it like crazy since it was the best system of classification of personalities that I had seen yet, and all the others were terrible. I was bored 4 days ago (2 days before taking the multi-vitamin) and started to research stuff online, socionics was one thing I stumbled across and it piqued my interest and here I am now, but it also showed me a different classification system similar to the MBTI and while it was more complicated, it was also a little more precise in differentiation and allowed for multiple "similar types" to be suggested. This suggests to me that socionics understands that people can cross between very similar personality types/traits while staying within a certain range.

Anyways, you may be wondering why I sound like I'm praising "the multi-vitamin" like the almighty god, and the reason is that really this is the only change I've had in my routine, and I feel I previously acted like an INTP because sitting around and thinking is quite like an INTP, but I was probably suffering from exhaustion/depression/malnutrition which would lead to less precise thinking and details would get lost, so I wouldn't act, which is a bit like an INTP's behaviour, according to both the MBTI and socionics. within less than a day of taking the pill everything has changed, it has only been 2 days so I am slightly hesitant to make this claim, however the change is as noticeable as a knock to the head for me so I retain my confidence. Another thing is that I drank twice as much caffeine as I did days ago and within half the time about 6 hours ago, and have only noticed a very slight uptick in my hyperactivity/impulsivity which is fairly meek compared to usual (even when taking into consideration the other times where I drink caffeine and build up a tolerance).

My thought is that if the only change is a multi-vitamin and all known actions and their corollaries change hours after, and are maintained for a whole day or two, then my apparent INTP'ness is just a symptom of my lack of ability to funtion properly, and that I am really an INTJ.

It may be subliminal even and this thought alone makes my belief self evident in a sense but no matter what it is, placebo or otherwise it works and that's what I care about.

If this keeps up I'm going to have to call this a life changing event.

please note that there may be terrible spelling, suffix, prefix and punctuation errors, I normally talk like this very paragraph/sentence/unholy abomination of grammar, as if I really am speaking to someone in person (commas are found in my posts frequently as pauses, because I pause while talking sometimes, however I don't spell out exclamation marks, or periods when talking in real life!)

Last edited by mystery; 15/08/2010 at 12:59 PM. Reason: spelling errors, previous needed to be changed to previously, is that a suffix?
Old 15/08/2010, 01:42 PM

I am so glad being part in this forum. Hope to make friends and share some relevant information with you all guys..
Old 29/10/2010, 07:49 AM

Default howdy

hi! i'm michelle.

i've been interested in mbti for a few months now and i just came across socionics.

i'm really excited about this! then again, i'm enfp so...