Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 22/07/2009, 10:28 PM

Smile Dublin, Ireland

I would be glad meeting anybody interested in socionics in Ireland in or near Dublin.

I know socionics quite well so might help with determining your type or understanding the basics of socionics.
Old 23/07/2009, 05:14 AM
The WILDCARD!

If I had the money I would be there in a heartbeat. I'm obsessed with Ireland and going there someday... You are my new favorite person on this Forum.
"IT'S ALL DAY!"
Old 29/07/2009, 09:39 PM

Thumbs up Photos from the first meeting

We had our first meeting this Sunday, see photos below.
There were 8 people and it was great!
Next meeting would be in mid-September, I'll announce the date closer to the end of August.

The company

We had professional psychotherapist on the meeting!

Also: PR person, psychotherapist assistant and bio-physists.

Original photos are taken from The Russian forum in Ireland.
Old 09/02/2010, 12:13 AM

Lightbulb Next meeting

Our second socionics meeting in Dublin will take place on Sunday 14th of February at 12:00 in "No.1 Merrion Street Bar".

Old 27/02/2010, 01:05 PM

Thumbs up Photos from the second meeting

We had our second meeting on 14th of February
We've had heated discussions

And listened carefully
_
And were surprised
_

And it was a great meeting!
Old 27/02/2010, 03:50 PM

Nice!
Old 06/03/2010, 08:53 PM

Smile Photos from the third meeting

We had 12 people this time!
I've been doing introduction to socionics for newcomers and we've been interviewing the lady below to find her type.

Old 09/03/2010, 03:54 PM

Is the last woman INTp by chance?
Old 09/03/2010, 05:50 PM

She's ESFj ()

And BTW she's an artist. I'll post a link to website with her work once it is ready.
Old 09/03/2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladam View Post
She's ESFj ()
OK . Her eyes seems pretty intuitive/spaced/"remote", maybe it's just me or the instant she was caught on the camera.
Old 09/03/2010, 07:14 PM

There are more photos if you want to check out
Old 15/10/2010, 03:33 AM

Default Facebook page

We've established regular meetings now every other week and sometimes even more often.

We also set up a Facebook page where we announce meetings and post photos: Socionics in Ireland | Facebook

You're welcome to join!
Old 15/10/2010, 09:18 AM

This is pretty cool what you're doing. Keep up a good work!
Old 12/01/2011, 08:45 AM

Lightbulb Results of year 2010

New year's day - time to sum up

Our Club was launched in February and during the year we had 30 meetings that were attended by over 70 people! And even more people got familiar with socionics outside the club.

The meeting comes at an average of 6-8 people although some got over 12! Age range of participants is varying with no limits, we are glad to see everybody. This year, most attendees were those between 25 and 35. And female were twice as much as male.

Its great that meetings are attended by people of different professions, from programmers and accountants to artists and historians. Communication is quite diverse. And experience from the participants is very different-from small businesses to such companies as Microsoft, Google, Trinity College and Ryanair.

In May an article was published in the "Infocentre" newspaper and another one is preparing currently for Russian-speaking "Our newspaper". Our meetings were attended by not only journalists but also by practising psychologist Olga Bogdanovica. Also one of socionics meetings was held in esoteric club Telos in Swords.

Meeting from inside

When there are newcomers we briefly talk about socionics theory basics. If there is a volunteer then we interview a person to determine his socionics type. It starts with a person telling about himself in a free form and then group asking questions. As a result we discuss person's type and compare different socionics types between themselves.

Interview and stories people tell about themselves often lead the discussion away from Socionics. And so our meetings are an excellent opportunity not only to learn something new and useful, but also to meet interesting people and talk on a wide variety of topics.

Here is an example of psychological topics discussed at the meetings: how to cope with stress, motivating yourself and others, career choices, resolving conflicts and more.

New people are always welcome at the meetings and anyone can participate, no prior knowledge of socionics or psychology is required.

From the standpoint of Socionics

And now lets look at the year from socionical point of view. Most often to come to meetings are (in descending order of frequency): ILE, ESE, ILI, ESI, EIE, LII, LSI. Never come: SLE and SLI. Others socionics types are coming from time to time (SEI, LSE, SEE, LIE, IEE, EII, IEI).

During the year we conducted 30 type interviews. Most often've interviewed LSE, ESE, ILE and ESI. LSE proved to be very practical - came, got their type determined and never come back. The rest showed longer interest. Other types come across once or twice, except already mentioned SLE and SLI. In the second half of the year has been noticeable, as previous experience helps determine a type - we've got enough different types to compare.

If we group participants based on dichotomies all are represented equally - logic and ethic, sensing and intuitive, extraverts and introverts. But rational come to meetings more often than irrational. And often irrational types promised to come, but at the last moment changed their plans - just as theory says.

Distribution between quadras is very uneven. Half of the participants come from the alpha quadra! One third from beta and 1/6 from beta quadra. The delta quadra is the most rare - only one of 15 people.

Clubs are also uneven: the lion's share are researchers (intuitive + logic) and socialities (sensing + ethic). In a minority are humanitarians (intuitive + ethic) and pragmatics (sensing + logic).

I hope next year we will be able to see at our meetings rare SLE and SLI. There are also plans to start work with children - to determine their types and help in choosing a profession.
Old 29/05/2011, 06:17 PM

Thumbs up You're welcome!

We are now meeting quite regularly almost every third week.
Events are posted on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SocionicsIreland
I also post pictures from our meetups there.
Would be glad to see some new faces.
Old 30/05/2011, 10:43 AM

Awesome!

Tags
dublin, ireland