Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 18/11/2009, 09:38 PM

Default Duality Experience

I once experienced a relationship of duality, which did not work out due to many external factors.

I (ENTp) met her(ISFp) in an unconventional way, but I feel like this just underscores the strength of a Dual relation. By unconventional, I mean on the internet, on an MMORPG (massively multiplayer online game). This game involves lots of repetetive monster slaying, which is greatly accelerated by having the appropriate partner. As luck would have it, the ISFp was the appropriate character type, and we met by chance in a common meeting area.

To alleviate the boredom associated with levelling up (killing the same monsters over and over and over), we would chat. Both of us, being Bio majors got on the topic of biology, then on the topic of God, and other assorted conversations. Her views and opinions were well informed (and almost always contrary to mine), and the conversations never got dull. It just felt very... right, even over a computer screen.

We made plans to meet (just as friends, internet romances are pointless), and in the beginning of February we did. We went to the downtown of her city, and had a great time! I got us in backstage at a popular perfomance venue, and we saw all the signatures from all the bands on the Wall of Fame. It was excellent! We basically just walked around the city, and it was fun the whole time, no awkard moments or silences ruined it at all!

I found her to be sweet and sensitive and refreshing to be around. We got back to her house, and well... We ended up dating for 7 months, seeing each other roughly 2 or 3 times a month (very long distance, very stressful, I do NOT recommend). Breaking up really sucked.

However, I feel that if not for my parents, who did not accept her due to religious prejudice (i couldn't care less about them, but it affected her strongly), and the distance, that we would have been perfect for each other. I'm still getting over it.

Has anyone else had a Dual relationship? If so, please describe it! Also, if anyone has had any other kind of relationship, describe that too! I'm really interested to hear about your experiences!

Last edited by ENTroP; 18/11/2009 at 09:38 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 19/11/2009, 03:00 AM

Yes, and I married her (ESFJ). The relationship took the exact sequence as stated. We came together rather quickly, but shortly thereafter we hit alot ALOT of rough patches. But we got through that 6 month period and 10 years later its just keeps getting better.
Old 19/11/2009, 05:33 PM

TEEHEE. You're a dork.
Old 19/11/2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashingDiamond View Post
TEEHEE. You're a dork.
Hahaha! Yea I am :>

Tags
dual, duality, experience, intertype, relationship