Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Closed Thread

Old 12/07/2007, 02:12 AM

Question Those calling themselves INTJs.....

I'm a bit confused. Are the people on here who say they are INTJs all Socionics INTJs or are some of them MBTI INTJs and therefore Socionics INTPs? And er....vice versa.

Ruby.
Old 12/07/2007, 02:25 AM
NS2D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
I'm a bit confused. Are the people on here who say they are INTJs all Socionics INTJs or are some of them MBTI INTJs and therefore Socionics INTPs? And er....vice versa.

Ruby.
Some yes, some no...there are a lot of confused people. Some don't even know they're confused

...but you're okay, because you're an ENFp...with whips, so no one will argue with you even if you are confused.

And I'm an IJPT, which is waaay the best type.
Old 13/07/2007, 04:00 AM

Default JP/AB

Does that mean you're both J and P? My pet INTJ thinks he's both and also that he has both a Type A and a Type B personality, which seem to correspond to J and P. I think this may be why he needs two women in his life, a Type A one for work and a Type B one for play.
Old 13/07/2007, 04:54 PM
NS2D

No, I’m serious…

The IJPT is a dual function block that only appears very rarely. The IJ is a meta-phasic perambulatory function relating to Jung’s ‘hamster wheel’ syndrome, expounded upon in his 1885 treatise “The Inner Rodent of the Unconscious” (made all the more remarkable by the fact that he was only 10 at the time). He explains that when discreet beta-waves are applied to the hidden agenda function via an electroencephalograph the PT function comes briefly into view and can then be projected onto a chemically treated photographic plate in order to capture an actual image of the person’s inner gerbil.
Old 13/07/2007, 04:59 PM
One hot piece of INTj ass

*grumble, growl*

My inner rodent is hungry.
Old 13/07/2007, 05:01 PM
NS2D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerieUGA View Post
My inner rodent is hungry.
Hardly surprising, fits perfectly well with
Old 13/07/2007, 05:48 PM

Quote:
or are some of them MBTI INTJs and therefore Socionics INTPs?
FWIW, back when I was into MBTI I always tested as INTJ, although in Socionics I'm an INTp. Saying that though, some time ago I took an MBTI test just for the fun of it (this was since getting bored of MBTI and going into Socionics fully) and I came out INTP, although that's probably because I'm a bit lazier nowadays than I used to be. What with the whole MBTI stereotype of P = lazy, J = organised, etc. etc. et-bloody-c.
Old 13/07/2007, 06:58 PM
NS2D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
although in Socionics I'm an INTp.

*Looks at 2x4 piece of wood*
*Looks at Ben's head*
*Looks at 2x4*
*Looks at Ben's head*
*2x4*
*Head*
*2x4*
*Head*
*Head*
*2x4*
*2x4*
*Head*

..............................hmmm...still nothing...strange.
Old 13/07/2007, 07:29 PM

lal.. I'm one of those nice INTps it seems
Old 14/07/2007, 11:56 PM

i tested as intj both ways, i dont really understand how you'd misstype with such a similar test. isnt socionics basically the same thing as mbti but with an emphasis on relationships and physical looks? i mean, theres a good chance whoever types themselves as an intp one time and then as an intj another time is simply a borderline j/p - like scoring a 5 or 6 for the j/p function in mbti. furthermore, the definitions of personality types on this site are pretty lame and not very authoritative... is this the "official" socionics website or what?
Old 15/07/2007, 07:27 AM

*desperately looks for 2x4*
Old 15/07/2007, 01:56 PM
NS2D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
*desperately looks for 2x4*

Here...have mine, I can't for the life of me find someone to use it on....and it's not like I don't wanna.
Old 16/07/2007, 02:26 AM

Default Grrr!

Hey, no one here is really answering my question. And for some reason I wasn't notified of replies to the thread!

Val and NC3PO or whatever your name is, quit the idle threats and share your, presumably vast, knowledge of this topic instead. And put away your gerbil -please!

I wish INTJs would stop being horrible to INTPs. I think perhaps they are afraid of their own Pness.

Ruby (gets her whip out)
Old 16/07/2007, 03:11 AM

What threat?
Old 16/07/2007, 03:19 AM

Quote:

Ruby.
It's a hard question to answer. Given this is a socionics forum, it stands to reason there must be some INTjs socionics tested and approved. But it's also a public forum, so there's going to be all sorts of types passing as ... well, whatever they want. Not all INTjs test as INTPs in MBTI. I am INTj in both. I don't know what that means about me, exactly, but there you go. That's where a lot of the confusion may come from. There's no rule of conversion. You just have to test it out yourself.
Old 16/07/2007, 07:24 AM

Quote:

I wish INTJs would stop being horrible to INTPs. I think perhaps they are afraid of their own Pness.
Wait! Who is horrible to whom? I don't remember anyone is being horrible to BLauritson. Have you got other INTP examples?
Old 16/07/2007, 10:37 AM

Most people who claim to be INTjs aren't socionics INTjs nor MBTI INTJs... It is sad. But that's how it is.
Old 16/07/2007, 01:09 PM
NS2D

Quote:
Hey, no one here is really answering my question
I was the first guy to answer your question...I said...yes.

Quote:
Val and NC3PO or whatever your name is, quit the idle threats
Eh? Have I been out murdering and raping in my sleep again?

And I wouldn't go making Star Wars references around Valerie, she will put the 'Severe Eye' on you.

Quote:
And put away your gerbil -please!
How did you know I call it my "gerbil"?

Quote:
I wish INTJs would stop being horrible to INTPs.
Why? Imagine all the massive, silly fights it would deprive the world of?

Quote:
I think perhaps they are afraid of their own Pness.
I know I'm afraid of mine, especially when it grows out of all proportion and takes over control of my brain.
Old 16/07/2007, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Hey, no one here is really answering my question.
I've answered you just here:

Quote:
FWIW, back when I was into MBTI I always tested as INTJ, although in Socionics I'm an INTp. Saying that though, some time ago I took an MBTI test just for the fun of it (this was since getting bored of MBTI and going into Socionics fully) and I came out INTP, although that's probably because I'm a bit lazier nowadays than I used to be. What with the whole MBTI stereotype of P = lazy, J = organised, etc. etc. et-bloody-c.
Old 27/09/2008, 10:34 AM

In theory, the MBTI INTPs have their TiNe dominating, making them Socionics INTj's. And the MBTI INTJs have their NiTe dominating, making them Socionics INTp's.

In practice, half or so can't figure if they are Ti, Ni (, Ne or Te) dominants, more so if they are MBTI's where they have a lesser understanding of the functions, though I am not saying that the "Socionics" people understand the functions much better than the "MBTI" people, but at least they have a better chance.

At Socionics one is supposed to understand that when the J-function (T/F) is the most dominant function, one is a J, and when the P-function (S/N) is the most dominating function, one is a P. And that one's most dominant function dictates if one is an Extrovert or an Introvert.

Why the MBTI is not right when it comes to the IP and IJ, is that they say that a P there can have the most dominant function as the T/F, and that a J can have the most dominant function as the N/S. Additionally, they have the second most dominant pair as right actually, but not the first most dominant pair, when it comes to the IP and IJ (as well as when it comes to all the other personality types there too, where it's not correct either), and the additional problem is that it's impossible to have that split, as if one has an extroverted T/F on the first pair, one must have an extroverted T/F on the second pair too, and if one has an introverted intuition on the first pair, one must have an introverted sensing on the second pair.

It's because e.g. the Ne is a by-product of the Se (seeing outside dominantly), in the form of the inner seeing, that in the case of the Se is Ne, extroverted inner seeing, visual seeing (that is always extroverted - the Ni is not visual but an N-memory connecting). And when the Se/Ne is dominating, its partners are the T and F as introverted (one can't have both extroverted seeing and extroverted T/F dominating on the first two pairs).
Closed Thread