Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 19/04/2010, 02:12 AM

Default I want to guess your type, Part II

Hello. I posted a thread in the past asking you all to describe yourself through four specific questions, but I think it was too biased and less effective for typing. So here's what I want from you regarding my analysis for your type:

Either through sending me a private message OR directly posting here, please give me TWO or more paragraphs describing who you are: your goals in life, what you aspire to be, what you're interested in, etc. Basically, write anything about yourself. Just make it at least two paragraphs of in-depth information. I believe that with this free-flowing information I can give you a more in-depth analysis of your type.

And just for the hell of it, try to guess my type through the above two paragraphs that I've posted. Am I an introvert or extrovert? Do I seem to be more logical or feeling-based in my approach to you all? Who knows...

Let the typing begin.

Note: Expect a reply within 48 hours.

Last edited by yellowfever765; 19/04/2010 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 23/04/2010, 05:48 AM

He should edit his OP to: "Don't expect any reply at all."
Old 24/04/2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTroP View Post
He should edit his OP to: "Don't expect any reply at all."
Haha, nice one! But sadly true...
Old 25/04/2010, 12:27 AM

LOL good one. Very sorry, I am reviewing your posts now and will give feedback shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yury View Post
I'm 21-years-old. I'm not really sure what my goals in life are at the moment. Yet what I do know is that I'll be starting the Spectrum Youth Project tomorrow (Monday, April 19th, 2010) which is a career/life skills program with 10 weeks paid workshops. I'm currently out of school and unemployed, yet I'm planning to finish high school soon, perhaps through the Internet. And hopefully I'll find work eventually as well. After high school I might want to study film, screenwriting, acting... I don't know. I think I'd aspire to be a filmmaker (like David Lynch who's my favorite filmmaker). So I guess I'd want to be a screenwriter and director. Yet there are other things I've considered: writer of literature/novelist, musician/singer, architect, psychologist, (astro)physicist, actor, paranormal investigator, scientific researcher, lab technician, music critic, journalist, philosopher, astrologer, etc.
My interests include psychohistory (Lloyd DeMause, etc.); psychology of trauma (Alice Miller, Daniel Mackler, etc.); Socionics; typology; astrology; literature/novels, etc.; music; movies; TV; Frederick Leboyer's Birth Without Violence; etc. Essentially, I'm interested in what is beneath the obvious (surface) or the seemingly grandiose or ugly/awkward/vulgar -- in other words, the truth. For example, Alice Miller has written that "EVERYTHING we become is in some way connected to our childhood." Take Freud for example. Lloyd DeMause has documented that Freud acknowledged that he was molested as a child by his nurse, and that Freud's father may have been a "pervert" [at least partially due to the (adult) hysteria of Freud's brother]. [I believe sources for this might include Sigmund Freud's The Origins of Psychoanalysis: Letters to Wilhelm Fliess, Drafts and Notes: 1887-1902; Introductory Lectures on Psycho-Analysis, VOL. XVI; and of course, Alice Miller's Banished Knowledge.]
Like I have said (before), these views (on the origins of violence, prejudice, perversions, destructiveness/wars, illness, etc.) may not be popular, yet they're vital. A lot of people may consider it "crap" or "cuckoo" and persist in their idle/blind complacency/complacence of spanking/hitting/abusing (their) children; persisting in "violent/brutal/inhuman" birth procedures (and other practices, medical and otherwise); being brainwashed by (the "lullaby" of) the ideology/dogma of some cheap crook who serves as a (charismatic) father/parental-figure who may claim to be "enlightened" and/or leads through hypocrisy, manipulation, deceit, exploitation, and/or violence (in all its forms, "violation", betrayal, etc.). Clearly, I'm against these things.
First and foremost, I'd like to stand up for the rights of children and infants, and work on breaking down the wall of resistance/denial/silence (this wall only serves to make people feel uncomfortable/guilty and blind and is also something I have to work on in myself). Ultimately, I know I may not yet be in a place where I can really make a (strong) contribution to society/humanity, and I don't want to sound like a hypocrite, yet as long as I live (and perhaps even beyond this life if there exists such a thing) I'd like to work on healing, improving; and helping others.

WOW, quite a rich amount of detail you gave! Impressive. I believe I've typed you in my past thread as well.

I'll be jumping around your paragraphs and quoting things out of order to make analysis easier:

"First and foremost, I'd like to stand up for the rights of children and infants, and work on breaking down the wall of resistance/denial/silence (this wall only serves to make people feel uncomfortable/guilty and blind and is also something I have to work on in myself)."

Here, it's clear that you have an Introverted preference. You are focused on your inner world of who you are and you look for things to "work on in yourself". Here are some more quotes confirming your Introversion:

"After high school I might want to study film, screenwriting, acting... I don't know. I think I'd aspire to be a filmmaker (like David Lynch who's my favorite filmmaker). So I guess I'd want to be a screenwriter and director. Yet there are other things I've considered: writer of literature/novelist, musician/singer, architect, psychologist, (astro)physicist, actor, paranormal investigator, scientific researcher, lab technician, music critic, journalist, philosopher, astrologer, etc."

Note the frequent usage of "I". This is key in typing Introverts as they do use this word frequently. This makes it actually very easy to distinguish an Introvert from an Extrovert.

Here's something else I've noted from your quotes:

"Essentially, I'm interested in what is beneath the obvious (surface) or the seemingly grandiose or ugly/awkward/vulgar -- in other words, the truth."

This indicates a strong Intuitive mindset, seeking to uncover things beneath the surface of what they are, signaling an 'N' preference. Moving further:

"I've considered: writer of literature/novelist, musician/singer, architect, psychologist, (astro)physicist, actor, paranormal investigator, scientific researcher, lab technician, music critic, journalist, philosopher, astrologer, etc."

You clearly think of multiple options and possibilities for your career, signaling strong Extraverted Intuition (). Being Introverted, this means that is most likely your second function, and that you're a Judging type.

So far, we've got INxj. Let's go on.

"First and foremost, I'd like to stand up for the rights of children and infants, and work on breaking down the wall of resistance/denial/silence (this wall only serves to make people feel uncomfortable/guilty and blind..."

"Ultimately, I know I may not yet be in a place where I can really make a (strong) contribution to society/humanity, and I don't want to sound like a hypocrite, yet as long as I live (and perhaps even beyond this life if there exists such a thing) I'd like to work on healing, improving; and helping others."

VERY strong indications of a Feeling preference (healing, improving and helping others, standing up for children's rights, etc). Feeling types are people-focused and make their decisions based on Ethics. Would you agree that you're a strongly ethical person?

To conclude, I would say you are an INFj. INFjs focus first and foremost on the people close to them in their lives () and strongly see others' hidden potential (). They are hard workers when it comes to improving others' lifes, sometimes even sacrificing their own feelings for that cause.

Let me know what you think of the analysis.

TYPE: INFj

Last edited by yellowfever765; 25/04/2010 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 25/04/2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfever765 View Post

"First and foremost, I'd like to stand up for the rights of children and infants, and work on breaking down the wall of resistance/denial/silence (this wall only serves to make people feel uncomfortable/guilty and blind and is also something I have to work on in myself)."

Here, it's clear that you have an Introverted preference. You are focused on your inner world of who you are and you look for things to "work on in yourself". Here are some more quotes confirming your Introversion:

"After high school I might want to study film, screenwriting, acting... I don't know. I think I'd aspire to be a filmmaker (like David Lynch who's my favorite filmmaker). So I guess I'd want to be a screenwriter and director. Yet there are other things I've considered: writer of literature/novelist, musician/singer, architect, psychologist, (astro)physicist, actor, paranormal investigator, scientific researcher, lab technician, music critic, journalist, philosopher, astrologer, etc."

Note the frequent usage of "I". This is key in typing Introverts as they do use this word frequently. This makes it actually very easy to distinguish an Introvert from an Extrovert.
obvz; extroverts don't have aspirations.

Quote:
"I've considered: writer of literature/novelist, musician/singer, architect, psychologist, (astro)physicist, actor, paranormal investigator, scientific researcher, lab technician, music critic, journalist, philosopher, astrologer, etc."

You clearly think of multiple options and possibilities for your career, signaling strong Extraverted Intuition (). Being Introverted, this means that is most likely your second function, and that you're a Judging type.
obvs; Ni types know exactly what they want to do with their lives and never change their minds, instead sticking rigidly to a single career path.

Quote:
They are hard workers when it comes to improving others' lifes, sometimes even sacrificing their own feelings for that cause.
what does that even mean?

every time i read one of your posts i find its reasoning more pathetic than the last.
Old 26/04/2010, 01:24 PM

In short:

I am aggression hidden behind friendliness. I treat people so nicely while having fantasies in my mind about whipping them. I like the feeling of having power over someone. I have a friend who I like to hurt his feelings from time to time. My dream is to have a kingdom in which I enslave people and force them to hard labour. But most of the time I am really very friendly.

However I am so far from being an anti-social person. My anxiety is too high for that. I wish, but don't act. Anxiety turns my aggressivity into kindliness. I often have a fear of being destroyed by people. So hide, withdraw and avoid showing my muscles. I often show false humility to protect myself, while waiting for the time when I will be sure of having enough power to control people. Even then I am not sure my anxiety will allow me to deviate from correct behaviour. I often behave correctly and even overdo it.

I think the best way to acquire power in the modern world we're living in is by knowledge and brainpower. Seeing things with clarity allows problem solving and shortcuts that avoids work and lead to objective realization.

There is one contradiction about me that I don't understand. Despite the fact that I like power, I am attracted to theoretical knowledge and am very theoretical. I am mastering in mathematics and am particularly attracted to topology and analysis (but especially the former). I like physics as well, especially climate. I often ask questions about what effects the climate of the earth. The last book I read was one on ice ages and interglacials. I like to see how things work and often ask the right questions. I am quite good at writing mathematical proofs though I am slightly more a questions generator then a problem solver.

One more characteristic of mine is pessimism. I can see how things can turn the most badly possible.

Thanks.
Old 26/04/2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yury View Post
Thanks for the typing. I admire what you do and would imagine that it takes some time, effort, and experience to analyze text in this manner. Last time you typed me as ENFp, so it seems that Delta NF is quite possible. The more I think about it, and the more I've read, the more I think that INFj is (also) quite plausible. I'm starting to think that I'm more Judicious than Decisive, and possibly more Serious/objectivist as opposed to "subjectivist". In everyday life, people usually wouldn't see me as being "cheerful" (Merry/subjectivist); they'd might describe me as distant, 'clinical', (an) "intellectual"/intelligent, uptight, not too expressive, etc. For the most part I seem relatively calm and quiet. I guess I probably am a Feeling (ethical) type. I believe I have tested as INFj (EII) in (at least two) different Socionics tests.
When I first started with typology, reading Keirsey and MBTI, I remember testing as INFP at least once so perhaps that could support my being an INFj in Socionics. Yet that conversion isn't always correct, and sometimes I might be reading a book on MBTI or by Keirsey and find just as much, if not more, that I like about INFJ as opposed to INFP. [I believe the first time I ever took a MBTI (and/or Jungian...) test on the Internet I got ISFJ.] Yet if I stick to Socionics, and read about INFj, I can say that there's a lot that I relate to. So thanks for opening up my eyes to INFj a bit more. It's often been a type I've overlooked in self-typing.
Thank you. It has been a long period of studying for me to understand socionics (as it must be for you), and honestly it's a lot harder typing a person via forums versus actually speaking to them in person. Listening to someone in real-time allows you to regularly analyze them and make a more accurate conclusion.

I also really like how you've read up on wikisocion!

It's good to see you're open to possibilities regarding your type; my approach is more fixed and I try to reduce ambiguities when typing someone and it's definitely made my typings inaccurate at times.

I do hope you eventually come to a conclusion about your type though! It's fun when you can compare your own type to someone close to you and observe how the intertype relations are happening.

Hey you're that one dude that criticizes everything! I remember you quite well. In fact you had this same critical mentality the last time I talked to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itinerant_stapler71 View Post
obvz; extroverts don't have aspirations.
? I'm not too sure if this makes sense. Could you explain?

Quote:
obvs; Ni types know exactly what they want to do with their lives and never change their minds, instead sticking rigidly to a single career path.
I don't want to delve into this statement much, but by saying this you're assuming that half of the 16 types are SO sure about their future that they will never ever change their minds. That's odd, I had no idea people were always so sure of themselves!

Quote:
every time i read one of your posts i find its reasoning more pathetic than the last.
Referring to your previous quote, I'm not too clear on what your reasoning is either. I don't think your reasoning is pathetic, but I do think that your critical crap is completely pathetic. If you disagree with my approach, voice yourself all you want.

Last edited by yellowfever765; 26/04/2010 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 26/04/2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfever765 View Post
Hey you're that one dude that criticizes everything! I remember you quite well. In fact you had this same critical mentality the last time I talked to you.
i criticize your writings on socionics because i believe them to be utterly wrongheaded and i believe you to have no understanding of the topic. i do not criticize "everything."

Quote:
? I'm not too sure if this makes sense. Could you explain?
in short, your statement was nonsense.

Quote:
I don't want to delve into this statement much, but by saying this you're assuming that half of the 16 types are SO sure about their future that they will never ever change their minds. That's odd, I had no idea people were always so sure of themselves!
i think you fail at reading the words in my post.

Quote:
Referring to your previous quote, I'm not too clear on what your reasoning is either. I don't think your reasoning is pathetic, but I do think that your critical crap is completely pathetic. If you disagree with my approach, voice yourself all you want.
i will, thanks.
Old 26/04/2010, 10:24 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
I think it's more of a tone-recognition failure. >.>
Old 27/04/2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
I think it's more of a tone-recognition failure. >.>
given the circumstances, i find the distinction immaterial.
Old 27/04/2010, 04:24 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
i criticize your writings on socionics because i believe them to be utterly wrongheaded and i believe you to have no understanding of the topic. i do not criticize "everything."

in short, your statement was nonsense.

i will, thanks.
Say, do you still live with your parent(s)? I'll bet your attempts at arguing with them are just as facile, and that you're never seriously listened to. Frustrating for you, i'll bet.

Oh, in the meantime, you should talk to Niffweed/aestrevix, you sound exactly the same as him, a ****ed up pain in the ass teenager with a chip on his shoulder about the world. He lives at home and throws ineffective strops at his dad too, and you know what they say, misery loves company.

Are you Niffweed?
Old 28/04/2010, 09:14 AM

Thanks for replying to my post.
Old 28/04/2010, 10:40 AM

Stapler has a so good T that people don't like it. I am not talking here in particular, but in general. I think he is a brain, and if people can't see it then it is their problem, they're the loosers.

Always in this world, the superior is being fought because they are scared of him, they know he is better than them. A good example I can give is professor Lindzen.
Old 28/04/2010, 01:00 PM
Gone on holiday...

He may be a brain, but he is an ineffective communicator, so until he improves that, then he's as good as stupid to the outside world.

Anyway, think about it, nothing in socionics can be proven over this internet forum, so how smart do you think it is for a person to pop up and tell someone else that they are doing everything wrong?

If he was able to provide some backing to his claims other than his own belief then at least it would give grounds for them to be considered as reasonable, maybe they could even be discussed. That's the difference with Lindzen: he approaches the discussion with reason, in an actual science, i've also not seen him mis-interpret what someone else says like has happened here.

So Stapler may have good T - but I don't know where it is, but I disagree with you, as I sure would like it if it showed up in a debate.

As it stands Stapler offers nothing but negative emotional outbursts.
Old 28/04/2010, 02:51 PM

I agree. Yellowfever was spot on with me, and is very polite and pleasant. I found his reasoning to be pretty good. No need to treat others like a jackass, calling them pathetic and such. Nobody thinks online muscle flexing is cool, just making yourself look like a buffoon.
Old 28/04/2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Say, do you still live with your parent(s)? I'll bet your attempts at arguing with them are just as facile, and that you're never seriously listened to. Frustrating for you, i'll bet.
Well that seems a highly warranted response to the situation. I applaud your dynamism.
Old 29/04/2010, 12:35 AM
The Looks

While I agree that stapler's manner of presentation is unnecessarily demeaning, his criticism is not completely unfounded. I find basing a typing off of pronoun use or career uncertainty to be pretty silly as well. Yury wrote a section about himself, of COURSE he's going to use a bunch of personal pronouns. He hasn't even graduated high school yet, so it's not surprising that he doesn't know what he wants to do with his life. And it's silly to assume that only feeling types want to help people and contribute to society.

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."
Old 29/04/2010, 12:23 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
While I agree that stapler's manner of presentation is unnecessarily demeaning, his criticism is not completely unfounded. I find basing a typing off of pronoun use or career uncertainty to be pretty silly as well. Yury wrote a section about himself, of COURSE he's going to use a bunch of personal pronouns. He hasn't even graduated high school yet, so it's not surprising that he doesn't know what he wants to do with his life. And it's silly to assume that only feeling types want to help people and contribute to society.
Well, you can expand from what yellowfever said.

Look at the quote he used with the bolded I's - what we have were in the form of Yuri is someone who wants to do things - wants to do this wants to do that, it's not unreasonable to say that it's an introverted trait over an extraverted trait. Extraverted people do stuff, have done stuff much more in comparison to introverted people.

He hasn't indicated anything he's done, just his not doing.

Disagree with that or confounder it if you will, it is still a fact. From what Yuri has said, I makes much more sense than E.

Of course, all you guys can just sit their on your asses and ciriticise someones attempt at giving an analysis of a type, good for you, try being more productive.
Old 29/04/2010, 02:16 PM

I posted my self-description three days ago and still didn't get a response.
Old 29/04/2010, 05:00 PM
The Looks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Well, you can expand from what yellowfever said.

Look at the quote he used with the bolded I's - what we have were in the form of Yuri is someone who wants to do things - wants to do this wants to do that, it's not unreasonable to say that it's an introverted trait over an extraverted trait. Extraverted people do stuff, have done stuff much more in comparison to introverted people.

He hasn't indicated anything he's done, just his not doing.

Disagree with that or confounder it if you will, it is still a fact. From what Yuri has said, I makes much more sense than E.

Of course, all you guys can just sit their on your asses and ciriticise someones attempt at giving an analysis of a type, good for you, try being more productive.
I see the bolded part as a stretch at best, possibly connected with rationality. Besides, Yury's second sentence is something he's DOING. Plus, yellowfever specifically asked for goals, aspirations, and interests, so those things being mainly what Yury wrote about says nothing about his type.

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."