Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 01/03/2010, 01:44 PM
Gone on holiday...

Default Why relations of supervision are better for introverts than extraverts

Normally, to interact with the world, i've noticed that an introvert tends to engage their Secondary function, which is extraverted.

This can be tiring and not quite as fufilling as the dominant functions.

Extraverts do not have this problem though, as their strongest function is naturally an external one.

It's been my observation, perhaps bizarrely enough, that being round my supervisor (ESFj) can in some ways be relaxing, as in order to relate best with them I use the same valued function (Si) - overall the dominant of the introvert and the creative of the extravert.

It's nice to be able to be ourselves somewhat more in the external world.

In relation to the ESFj-ISTp relation, I find that ESFj's aren't particularly "supervisory" as long as i'm not rude and pay attention to politeness and manners, so perhaps also this particular supervisory relation is better than some others.
Old 01/03/2010, 02:11 PM

You just wait till they start complaining or get upset.
Old 01/03/2010, 03:36 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
You just wait till they start complaining or get upset.

Interesting, I can only presume that is a good thing for INTj's, lol.

Hey, SG, you want to hear a funny story?

I was out on Friday night at my local and had this older woman (50+) asking me if I was single. Anyway, I didn't want the hassle of having some 50+ year old woman chatting me up, or even just winding me up, so I said "I'm seeing someone". Anyway it turned out she was asking on behalf of her daughter (who'd seen me there a few times and was too shy to approach me) - who was out with her.

She is stunning and I chatted to her for ages. Two of us got on really well, also, i'm pretty sure she is ENFp. But hey, how much of an epic fail is that, duality, got on well, mutual physical attraction, yet she thinks i'm seeing somebody.

The situations I get myself in. (Usually it is the opposite for majority of people I imagine and someone for instance takes off their wedding ring and pretends they are single).

Last edited by Cyclops; 01/03/2010 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01/03/2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

LOL, you must be joking!
Old 02/03/2010, 10:55 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
LOL, you must be joking!
haha, yes.

I wonder how you guys deal with that.

Some IEE's complain a lot, it's like their Ne sees all the things that can go wrong. It's sort of an overload, where as i'm like, things will work out.

Although Reinin isn't the best typing method (I don't use it), I wonder what you make of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
EP EP EP EP EP EP EP

A person to whom it is easiest to make and break the rules of the environment.
ARISTOCRATIC, NEGATIVE, NARRATIVE & RESULTS are maximal at BETA and DELTA.
The EP feels itís his sole personal duty to force people to face the reality of how things suck and thus encourage them to make an effort to change things. Their methods are to personally concretely threaten people and to make caricatures of the actions and statements of others.
Though I have to say, watching an LSE and IEE interact, there method of communication does seem to fit the asking and declaring dichotomies quite well.

The IEE tends to make statements, wants to finish what she has to say, will wait for the other person to finish speaking, whereas the LSE tends to interupt more with questions and tangents, like a monologue vs a dialogue.

Sorry if i've turned out being a bit tangential myself on this thread :-)
Old 05/03/2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
haha, yes.

I wonder how you guys deal with that.
Comply
Old 09/03/2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Although Reinin isn't the best typing method (I don't use it), I wonder what you make of this:
I say the "Lord's Prayer" three times and have a nap.

IMO Smilingeyes's theory is mental masturbation, it's like a novel compared to a real report.
And I'd like people to separate the reliable Reinin dichotomies from the unreliable ones, they're not in the same bowl, some are truly observable and fit with the theory the others don't.
Old 09/03/2010, 04:00 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihai_m View Post
I say the "Lord's Prayer" three times and have a nap.

IMO Smilingeyes's theory is mental masturbation, it's like a novel compared to a real report.
And I'd like people to separate the reliable Reinin dichotomies from the unreliable ones, they're not in the same bowl, some are truly observable and fit with the theory the others don't.
I agree actually about Smilingeyes, I don't know what he saw in all that stuff he posted, weirdly from speaking to him he made more sense, as a person and how he talked about this little theory of socionics.

Actually I don't know what he thinks of the stuff he posted now.

In regards to reinin, which ones you think are good fits? tbh, and maybe i'm just dumb and/or lazy, but i'm kinda happy just using functions to type people and leave the rest to personality.
Old 09/03/2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
In regards to reinin, which ones you think are good fits? tbh, and maybe i'm just dumb and/or lazy, but i'm kinda happy just using functions to type people and leave the rest to personality.
- Extroverted/Introverted - you know it
- Dynamic/Static - it's a very important part of the information elements, not very useful in typing, though. Idem Internal/External, except it's not called a "Reinin" and it's included in I/S and F/T.
(all these three above are included in a function description, so not necessarily useful in typing independently)
- Rational/Irrational and [Merry/Serious and Reasonable/Resolute - the quadra values] - they have the same importance and visibility to me.
- Aristocratic/Democratic - sometimes very visible in people to type sometimes not (and matches the theory, Democratic = one block function internal - N/F, the other external - S/T)
---
You may consider this the full list of all the Reinin I use, with the condition to acknowledge the following:
- the dichotomies are one thing, their naming and descriptions are other thing. I don't agree with all the descriptions found around the web and I have my own view on them;
- I know two more dichotomies I consider the same thing as Reinin, one of them is closed to Tactical/Strategic but SLE, SLI, IEI and IEE are on the other side of it compared to Reinin: Tactical is Creative External - if considers a reason for a change, applies it immediately or forgets it (until re-exposed); if Strategic considers a change, it applies in a pretty long period of time, or it slowly fades away.
---
About the rest of them I have no opinion: Carefree/Farsighted, Obstinate/Compliant, Constructivist/Emotivist, Positivist/Negativist, Process/Result, Asker/Declarer. I didn't observed them in real life, except partially Negativist/Positivist stuff and they don't tell anything about the functions & such, they're just theoretical combinations of the four dichotomies (on paper), if you ask me.
Old 09/03/2010, 04:47 PM
Gone on holiday...

Great, thanks.

Thing about about dichotomies though, is that in reality most people fall somewhere in the middle, maybe even appear the opposite way of what they really are, so I think that sometimes it's not even easy to type people off the Jungian dichotomies, never mind more abstract attitudes.

Although looking at it one way, I suppose it could be said that functions are also dichotomies, I kinda agree with this, but the difference being is that they have different strengths (dimensionality), even also concious and suppressed (unconcious) ways of manifesting, so it's easier to fill in the blanks of their type that way than just a digitial on/off switch.

Hey, the functions even play off each other in the psyche, so again there's more scope for recogniton.
Old 09/03/2010, 05:12 PM

Yeah, in the end we can't even be sure if the functions are truly separated or they're just one thing, but the Socionics chosen mode (A) seems to work and make things very understandable, imo.
Old 09/03/2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:

Hey, SG, you want to hear a funny story?

I was out on Friday night at my local and had this older woman (50+) asking me if I was single. Anyway, I didn't want the hassle of having some 50+ year old woman chatting me up, or even just winding me up, so I said "I'm seeing someone". Anyway it turned out she was asking on behalf of her daughter (who'd seen me there a few times and was too shy to approach me) - who was out with her.

She is stunning and I chatted to her for ages. Two of us got on really well, also, i'm pretty sure she is ENFp. But hey, how much of an epic fail is that, duality, got on well, mutual physical attraction, yet she thinks i'm seeing somebody.

The situations I get myself in. (Usually it is the opposite for majority of people I imagine and someone for instance takes off their wedding ring and pretends they are single).
Honesty is the best policy!!!

As to the how to deal with the complaining or whatnot, as ENTP activity to ESFJ, I just make fun of/ignore the complaints, and they don't seem to come up very often... I hang out with a lot of ESFJ women lolol
Old 09/03/2010, 06:08 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTroP View Post
Honesty is the best policy!!!

As to the how to deal with the complaining or whatnot, as ENTP activity to ESFJ, I just make fun of/ignore the complaints, and they don't seem to come up very often... I hang out with a lot of ESFJ women lolol
We in the delta quadra do not have a sense of humour

Old 10/03/2010, 05:00 AM

Haha, stony faced and grim huh? xD
Old 10/03/2010, 09:25 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihai_m View Post
Yeah, in the end we can't even be sure if the functions are truly separated or they're just one thing, but the Socionics chosen mode (A) seems to work and make things very understandable, imo.
This is also the case I think too.

I'll maybe discuss that more when i'm not so tired, but for now, it occured to me that concious and unconcious functions, I wonder if that term is misleading, as in actual day to day interaction we unconciously use our concious functions, if you know what I mean; that's what we use to be natural and not have to think about it - unconciously (without thinking).

When we engage our "unconcious" functions, we're actually more conciously aware of them.

Maybe when some people try to type themselves with the model A approach they become confused, as how can you conciously remember that which you express unconciously? So maybe it would make more sense in a way if the terms were swapped around.