Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 08/01/2012, 06:23 PM

Default type: BILL GATES, STEVE JOBS ??

OK so here's some delicious long footage of these computer giants
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAzDYb5F7bw

i think Bill Gates is ENTp, he predicted the personal computer, he's extremely interested in patterns and connections between the past and the future, he seems vulnerable like an infantile, and perceiving because he seems to let things just happen, he doesn't exercise too much control. plus he has the signature ENTp eyebrows as seen http://www.socionics.com/prof/common/graph/entp.gif

Steve Jobs i'm having alot more trouble with. i *was* thinking ENTj ? he has a far more serious nature, he's stone cold most of the time, he seems intuitive because of the way he designed the macintosh - you can sort of guess your way around it. he also seems j because of the way he lives his life - he was very disciplined in his diet and even his face sheep seems more disciplined then Bill Gates' chubby friendliness. however Steve Jobs has quite good aesthetics, which throws me off in a big way, i almost assumed he was ISTp because of his aesthetics, but at the same time he doesn't seem like a "gut decision" kind of person

i find the whole of socionics like a terrible mind-bending rabbit hole of confusion, there's just so much infomation it's so difficult to get my head around it

__________________________________________________ __

i just realised, in my eagerness to post this thread after having not engaged in socionics in a few years, there is already a topic on steve jobs!

this thread is now BILL GATES !

Last edited by tricks; 08/01/2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09/01/2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricks View Post

he predicted the personal computer, he's extremely interested in patterns and connections between the past and the future

__________________________________________________ __

this thread is now BILL GATES !
if this is true about Bill Gates, then he is most likely an Ni-type... so maybe INTp?
Old 11/01/2012, 03:07 PM

really ? i always thought of him as extraverted - he likes to talk and explain his ideas and seems quite fluent in doing so

but i could be wrong
Old 12/01/2012, 06:17 PM

Mr. Gates is an INTj.

Old 14/01/2012, 12:39 AM

well thank you for the input, but you can't just push your perspective as fact and give no logical evidence, that doesn't get either of us anywhere !

anyway where's SG at i need his valuable opinion on bill gates
Old 17/01/2012, 10:07 PM

Ok, he is an ENTj, Melinda changed my mind...

Old 20/01/2012, 08:57 AM

How did she cause you to change your mind Appleteck??? hmmm

anyway, from my understanding, an "I" or introversion of a feature (feeling, intuition, etc.) is not the equivalent of being introverted in the more traditional sense of the word. There have been some ESFp's on the Q&A of the site describe themselves as quiet, bookish, even shy perhaps. There is this about ISTj's:

Quote:
Many ISTjs find it quite easy to interact with strangers and considering that they are introverts can feel quite close to someone even after a relatively short amount of contact. They often have a large compendium of jokes and anecdotes. They are often the life and soul of the party.
I'll wager that he's at least an Ni of some type, what with predictions and interest in connections between the past and future, that seems right up an Ni's alley.
Old 20/01/2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Ok, he is an ENTj, Melinda changed my mind...
Melinda appears to be an ISFj (ENTj dual). She does not appear to be an ESFj (INTj dual).

Old 06/02/2012, 10:00 PM

pretty clear Alpha's. Gates as INTJ and Jobs as ENTP.
Old 12/02/2012, 05:15 AM

You may be right about Jobs, but I still think that Gates is an Ni-type. His defense (when the government stepped into combat his burgeoning monopoly of software market ) was that he was just trying to be competitive and seemed somewhat bewildered at the idea that many people had a problem with him doing so. He also seemed (ever so slightly) irritated about the pandemonium surrounding Y2K.

Here are some quotes of his:

As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.

"We're only at the beginning at what we have to do here."

"This is a fantastic time to be entering the business world, because business is going to change more in the next 10 years than it has in the last 50."

"What will be most fun for me is to see how your generation comes in and takes software to a whole new level."

"We are seeing pioneers moving out to the Internet, banks that are taking transactions, retail shopping on the Internet, and although it's going to take most of a decade before most adults are turning to the Internet for a high percentage of their act."

These quotes, to me, seem to indicate Ni.