Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 19/02/2006, 09:12 AM

Default super-ego relations and ideals

Even though socionics considers super-ego relationships to be among the most uncomfortable, I can't help but wonder if people often unconsciously see a mysterious ideal in their super-ego. Not long ago I became captivated by a television show which portrayed notable aerial dogfights of WWII using computer animations, and in one segment, I became extremely interested in one enemy plane that fought fearlessly and ferociously against the odds before being shot down. As I watched the enemy plane spin and smoke through the air before crashing I felt pangs of strong despair and sadness and kept hoping for the narrator to mention that the pilot had ejected which he did not. I eventually asked myself why I became so attached to that nameless warrior who broke off from the pack and courageously fought the ace who eventually shot him down, and I think it is because I found something extremely inspiring about this solitary and aggressive pilot who fought a technically superior airplane while staying cool under fire until the bitter end. I think the pilot had a very ISTp quality about him, and wonder if the INFp finds some of the qualities attributed to the ISTp a distant ideal somehow.
Old 19/02/2006, 12:54 PM

Default Re: super-ego relations and ideals

You seem pretty sure that the pilot was an ISTp. What was it that made your mind?
Old 19/02/2006, 03:18 PM

U are right Lost Spirit. There are somethings about ur super-ego partner which makes u wish u were partly like them. I am an INTp and my brother is an ISFp . I wish I cud be caring like him. And he wishes he were able to think like me at times and predict ppl's behaviour.

But the downside as I have experienced is that even though we praise each other's certain capabilities, we still would like to have the same in us in a modified form and not as it exists in the super-ego partner.for eg - I want to be kind like my brother but not to the extent of allowing ppl to manipulate me. Similarly he wants to understand ppl objectively but not by being suspicious( he thinks so about me).

this has been my understanding of super-ego relations
Old 19/02/2006, 03:38 PM

SG: i was wondering if you could list the 16 intertype relations in decending order from "best" to "worst". the "best" being duality, and the "worst" being conflict. just a thought...
Old 19/02/2006, 04:24 PM

I don't think me or anybody else can actually do this. The reason being is that Intertype Relations come as a result of function interactions and it is impossible to place the functions in a linear order of importance or even strength.
Old 19/02/2006, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SG:
I don't think me or anybody else can actually do this. The reason being is that Intertype Relations come as a result of function interactions and it is impossible to place the functions in a linear order of importance or even strength.
would it be possible to frame the question as ranking the intertype relations in descending order according to ease of interaction? hypothetically speaking, the psychological type of a person has a "shape", and the shape most fits with a dual partner. round peg-round hole. while the round peg does not fit in a triangular hole of the conflicting partner. and further still the round peg fits somewhat in the octagon hole of the semi-dual partner. perhaps is dont understand fully why the question cannot be answered...
Old 19/02/2006, 04:50 PM

Yes, although super-ego partners are generally appealing at initial contact, one can feel the subconscious grinding and the gradual erosion of all comfort within the relationship, with both types being generally aware of said decline, with these conclusions being extrapolated not from the Socionic theory but from actual relations with a super-ego partner.