Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 22/07/2009, 09:27 AM

Default INFP uncovered

How many of you actually relate to the "blunt" description?
Old 28/07/2009, 11:52 PM

I can relate to the following:
  • adaptable to any social environment
  • critical
  • Introvertedness keeps INFps from sticking out and Perceptiveness makes them highly adaptable to change
  • A slightly spaced out personality
  • From a partner an INFp expects strong physical preponderance or domination.
  • Probably the most interesting INFp's ability is their ability to learn. Having natural difficulties with their understanding, INFps tend to compensate for this with an impressive amount of reading, watching and listening.
  • INFp's ability to think logically is circumstantial and limited to memorised examples
  • Perfect puppets in the hands of a skilful puppeteer
Don't relate to the following:
  • Religious
  • Not forcing points or arguments
  • Not pushing people with their elbows or stepping on people's toes.
  • In some cases an obsession with financial gain can lead INFps into arranged marriages.
Old 29/07/2009, 05:18 AM
The WILDCARD!

YAY! You don't relate to the stuff that made me vomit after reading and do relate to the stuff that made me go "That's actually pretty cool"

WHOOP WHOOP!
"IT'S ALL DAY!"
Old 29/07/2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
YAY! You don't relate to the stuff that made me vomit after reading and do relate to the stuff that made me go "That's actually pretty cool"

WHOOP WHOOP!
Gotta just love ESTP's
Old 30/07/2009, 05:09 AM
The WILDCARD!

Really? You do? This... This is news to me...
"IT'S ALL DAY!"
Old 30/07/2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Really? You do? This... This is news to me...

Lol, I especially love it when they fish for compliments

Yeah ESTPs are great, I'm just off to meet a female ESTP friend of mine and can't wait. Last time I visited her she emailed me detailed instructions of how to get to her flat. They included a map with a big arrow "you are here" and a step by step guide of interesting places on my journey including a pub. I always get lost (she doesn't know this) so it was exactly what I needed. Who wouldn't love someone like that? So practical and thoughtful. She also suggested what we could do for the weekend, I happily followed her lead and had a great time. ESTP's are so great almost want to start an appreciation thread so I can list all the reasons they are brilliant
Old 30/07/2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFP View Post
I can relate to the following:
  • adaptable to any social environment
  • critical
  • Introvertedness keeps INFps from sticking out and Perceptiveness makes them highly adaptable to change
  • A slightly spaced out personality
  • From a partner an INFp expects strong physical preponderance or domination.
  • Probably the most interesting INFp's ability is their ability to learn. Having natural difficulties with their understanding, INFps tend to compensate for this with an impressive amount of reading, watching and listening.
  • INFp's ability to think logically is circumstantial and limited to memorised examples
  • Perfect puppets in the hands of a skilful puppeteer
This is really accurate, specifically the part I bolded, which I find a lot of people don't believe.

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 31/07/2009, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
This is really accurate, specifically the part I bolded, which I find a lot of people don't believe.
Hiccup... slightly tipsy. Yes I find most people miss this, they group listening and watching in the same category as being aloof (easy to so do since all are silent INFP behaviour). Only the very observant notice an INFP learns from the first conversation and comments on it in later interactions.

My ESTP friend tested ESTP years ago (I remember this kind of thing). I was telling her about this forum and she took the human metrics test tonight, ENTJ and INTJ were the results after much debate (both totally wrong in my opinion). How can I convince her that she is ESTP?

Last edited by INFP; 31/07/2009 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 31/07/2009, 03:23 AM
Omnomnom

Quote:
My ESTP friend tested ESTP years ago (I remember this kind of thing). I was telling her about this forum and she took the human metrics test tonight, ENTJ and INTJ were the results after much debate (both totally wrong in my opinion). How can I convince her that she is ESTP?
Are you trying to convince her she is ESTP or SLE (ESTp)? The Human Metrics test is for Myers-Briggs, not Socionics. If you want to determine whether she is SLE, run the descriptions by her, maybe some friends of hers as well.
Old 01/08/2009, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
Are you trying to convince her she is ESTP or SLE (ESTp)? The Human Metrics test is for Myers-Briggs, not Socionics. If you want to determine whether she is SLE, run the descriptions by her, maybe some friends of hers as well.
Thanks and yes sorry I meant ESTp I took your suggestion and read out the Wikisocion ESTp/ SLE description. She said she identified with some of it (especially the Polar piece).
Old 02/08/2009, 01:13 AM
The WILDCARD!

Quote:
start an appreciation thread so I can list all the reasons they are brilliant

Do it!

(filler)
"IT'S ALL DAY!"
Old 02/08/2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Do it!