Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 08/06/2009, 08:39 AM

Default Pushing away

I've read a lot about socionics lately. From anything I've read, ISTp's tend to be the ones that, everyone knows, push people away from them if they fear that a person is getting to close to them emotionally.
Now here's the weird thing...
I am an ENFp. I have only ever been in one serious relationship (still am in it, we'll see if it lasts) but when my bf started to get really close to me, I started pushing him away, getting worried, not wanting to let him into my world as much, etc. This happened a little over a month ago. It was very traumatic especially for him and I'm not sure we're even back to normal yet.
My question is... am I the only ENFp that has had this problem? O.o
Old 08/06/2009, 04:48 PM
The Looks

It may be you as an ENFp being skittish about long-term commitments. Anything that is limiting to an ENFp's freedom will make them stop cold in their tracks and seriously reconsider. Also, what type is your bf? Just because it's a serious relationship doesn't mean that he's your dual. From your description of him he probably isn't. And how positive are you of your type?

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."
Old 10/06/2009, 05:41 PM

I am quite positive of both my type and his; he is an ESFj.
Old 04/07/2009, 04:01 AM
The Looks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittykat View Post
I am quite positive of both my type and his; he is an ESFj.
ESFj's are Fe leading, so they are very expressive and will express their feelings spontaneously. It doesn't surprise me that he is the one getting close. I personally have never had that problem, but there are those who doubt my ENFp-ness. Also, I have only been in one serious relationship, and she's an INFp, so I was the one who got close first.

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."
Old 19/07/2009, 06:32 AM
Quarantined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittykat View Post
I've read a lot about socionics lately. From anything I've read, ISTp's tend to be the ones that, everyone knows, push people away from them if they fear that a person is getting to close to them emotionally.
Now here's the weird thing...
I am an ENFp. I have only ever been in one serious relationship (still am in it, we'll see if it lasts) but when my bf started to get really close to me, I started pushing him away, getting worried, not wanting to let him into my world as much, etc. This happened a little over a month ago. It was very traumatic especially for him and I'm not sure we're even back to normal yet.
My question is... am I the only ENFp that has had this problem? O.o
I've been guilty too of pushing people away. I've done this when I've been afraid of being emotionally overwhelmed by the other.

Would you like you for a child?
Old 20/07/2009, 04:59 AM
The WILDCARD!

This is a bit off topic and If it gets deleted I really will understand but bigwhitesquare, you do realize that saying 'you will regret it' is like a challenge... at least to me, and I am a Se ego, I dunno if it applies to all Se egos but it really makes me wanna just
"IT'S ALL DAY!"
Old 20/07/2009, 09:39 PM
Quarantined

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
This is a bit off topic and If it gets deleted I really will understand but bigwhitesquare, you do realize that saying 'you will regret it' is like a challenge... at least to me, and I am a Se ego, I dunno if it applies to all Se egos but it really makes me wanna just
Well don't even think about it.

Would you like you for a child?
Old 21/07/2009, 04:58 AM
The WILDCARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwhitesquare View Post
Well don't even think about it.
This actually makes me laugh while simultaneously making me wish I had a better understanding of the functions and how to verbalize their components so i could viciously and maliciously use on you right now.

When I figure it out there will be no mercy.
"IT'S ALL DAY!"