Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 18/07/2009, 08:26 AM
Quarantined

Default Awareness of one's surroundings

Throughout my life I have been poor at being aware of objects in my surroundings. For example, in a new work environment, I'll fail to notice where things like the stapler and FAX machine are located. Only when I have a need to use one of these items or a customer asks to use it do I then start to pay attention. Its as if these objects don't exist until there is a need to know. One time a customer asked for a brochure listing the hours when the library was open. I was filling in for someone and working at a different location than normal. The brochures were literally right in front of me but I wasn't aware that they were right in front me at the time.

I am thinking this pertains to weak sensing, particularly weak . Do other INTjs have a similar problem? Or is this something that's more common among intuitive types in general?

Other people with stronger sensing will pick up locations of objects in their surroundings by osmosis. They don't need to use them or have an interest in them to know their locations. They can enter a new surrounding and pick on locations of objects without hardly any effort. I have started to become more observant of objects in my immediate surroundings than I used to be but it takes me a good deal of effort.

Would you like you for a child?
Old 18/07/2009, 10:14 AM

This does seems like Polr or just weak sensory skills in general.
It seems to also pertain to not noticing physical aspects of people, such as what they're wearing and body language.
Sensory types seem to easily pick-up on little details as to how a person is moving, facial expressions and use of voice to determine how that person is reacting to their environment.
I think this is because sensory types are constantly scanning their environment opposed to Intuitive types who tend to be more "in their head" and thus less focused on their surroundings
Old 18/07/2009, 04:17 PM
The WILDCARD!

In one of my HS classes we played a game, I think we called it detective or Sherlock or something, where one person from the class would go out into the hall and then the class would pick another person in the class to be the 'killer'.

After they picked a 'killer' the person out in the hall, 'the detective', would come back into the class and the teacher would tell the detective some information obtained about the killer. For example the killer had brown hair, or the killer had white shoes. stuff like that. It was the detective's job to try and figure out who the killer was in as little time and as few guesses as possible. Since it was more of a just for fun there really wasn't any penalty or way to lose the game if you were the detective.

Most people seemed to have trouble with it though. They would come back into the class room and be given the information and would walk around the class room for sometimes upwards of 5 minutes (The class only had 30 kids in it) It seemed pretty ridiculous to me, the clues the teacher would give made it sooo obvious who it was but I guess they just didn't see it.

Then it was my turn to be the detective, I went out in the hall and came back in and the teacher said "He has brown hair, glasses, and a navy shirt" To which I immediately responded with out looking at the class "It's Dustin" The class thought I was cheating or listening at the door or something so they sent me out in the hall again and the same thing happened. This happened two more times with the same result. Then the last time I came into the class the teacher did something that I guess she thought would make it really hard and said they have 'black nikes' A lot of people in the class had black shoes but I thought I had seen a Nike label on Tristan's so i walked to the front of the classe where I could see the most peoples feet, Looked at Tristan's and sure enough it was her. I got through 4 'killers' in the time it took some people to do one.

To this day the teacher still thinks I cheated... Didn't though.
"IT'S ALL DAY!"
Old 18/07/2009, 05:26 PM
The Looks

I played another game like this, where someone is supposed to go out of the room and change something about their appearance and the class had to guess. An alternate version was that you went out in the hall with another person and switched something with them, like shoes or watches or hair ties and the class had to guess what you switched.

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."
Old 18/07/2009, 05:40 PM
The WILDCARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
I played another game like this, where someone is supposed to go out of the room and change something about their appearance and the class had to guess. An alternate version was that you went out in the hall with another person and switched something with them, like shoes or watches or hair ties and the class had to guess what you switched.
Or everything excluding underwear?
"IT'S ALL DAY!"
Old 18/07/2009, 05:49 PM
The Looks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
Or everything excluding underwear?
Hmmmm.....no one noticed when we did that. I don't think these games have much to do with sensing, because I'm like the only intuitive Fresh@3 member.

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."
Old 18/07/2009, 08:43 PM
Omnomnom

re: OP - I'm an IEI, and I also fail at that aspect of .
Old 19/07/2009, 08:37 PM

What is all this intuitive crap your on about? lol I see this infj in her own world and I noticed shes not aware of her surroundings. I have no idea what all this Ni and Ne is lol. I cant stand it when people start talking about ghosts and whatnot I'm like sheesh get with reality lol
Old 20/07/2009, 12:41 PM

I type as ENTj and I never feel unaware of my immediate physical surroundings, nor am I ever accused of such by others in any recent memory. Whenever people talk about being so "in their head" that they experience varying degrees of obliviousness to tangible reality, it seems odd to me. Which makes me curious, so I ask people what that's like and how it happens. And the only times I can recall having mental states similar to what they describe, was during grade school I think. I remember teachers routinely telling me (more so than others) to "stop daydreaming and pay attention." And I would often be a bit surprised/confused when this happened, because I hadn't even realized that my attention had completely lapsed out, veered elsewhere, and that I had only a vague recollection of real world events for that preceding length of time.

But yeah, this sort of thing hasn't happened for a long time now. In casual interactions, I don't mind when people are that way and I'd never pass a negative judgment on them for it. Unless it's someone I'm close to—then it bothers me a lot. I have some compulsive expectation that those I'm close to be the sort who are generally alert, on their toes, self-possessed, and situationally aware at all times (within reasonably human limits, of course). The absence of this overall quality in another individual makes me too uneasy to fully trust them, as they would smack of seeming fundamentally unreliable as a person.
Old 20/07/2009, 03:24 PM

i agree with chinosleep. need more coffee.

OP: the lagging component of in relation to TiNe, is obviously not local. however, in place of in the auxiliary chain still plays a strong role for reception. the difference is, that it is a subjectively modified reception which is upholding the creative function.

in contradistinction with TiSe.
here reception is pure and local. the duty of here, is, that it is upholding the individual's conduct with much more force than TiNe.

TiSe is much more magnetized in character than TiNe. and
TiNe is much more magnetized in character than the spaced out NiTe.

the TiNe chronology does not leave much room for a character that is distant to ones immediate environment and surely not sustained throughout...

there is a chance that you are tracing yourself from the subconscious channel.
you sound more like NiTe.