Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #321  
Old 03/11/2008, 06:37 AM
nahbee1235's Avatar
nahbee1235 nahbee1235 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 202
Default

I went there this summer for the first time in 8 years. It was ridiculously hot, but awesome nevertheless.

It is VERY awesome. It's been almost a decade since the last time I lived there, and I hope to go back before I die.
What parts did you visit?
Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 03/11/2008, 06:56 AM
tk_canwest tk_canwest is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahbee1235 View Post
I went there this summer for the first time in 8 years. It was ridiculously hot, but awesome nevertheless.

It is VERY awesome. It's been almost a decade since the last time I lived there, and I hope to go back before I die.
What parts did you visit?
Same, I hope to visit Korea more often. I stayed in Seoul most of the time, but also visited Daejeon where I used to live before I moved. My cousin also showed me the Korean night life eh. I went to Karaoke, "PC Bang", and a Hof in one night. It was interesting...
Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 03/11/2008, 05:20 PM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahbee1235 View Post
To me, you seem to VI as ENTP. That's why I'm not completely certain.
I know a person who fits almost every INTP description on this site, and he is not by any means incapable of expressing emotions be it angry or sad. Normally just angry. He can be friendly though and willing to lend an ear. However, he normally makes decisions and comes to conclusions based on reason and logic. His dislike of strong emotions is based on his reasoning that such emotions lead one to make impulsive decisions which, to him, will ultimately cause great harm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou
I've never been much for conflict, but only recently have I really begun considering other people's feelings.


This was/is something he also says very often, that the consideration of other people's feelings was something he only began to consider later in life.
I see. I smile lots in real life, if it helps. I have trouble seeing myself as a logical person; I tend to think the opposite in fact. I have, however, considered that some of what I consider to be lack of logic could just be weak willpower. To me, the moral way is the right way, which equals the logical way. And I'm not always so hot at doing that. I also tend to justify my emotions through "logic". But the emotion comes first. Impulse...ah, impulse. I'm better at controlling mine than I used to be. I like spontaneity....as long as it's mine, and not someone else's spoiling what I want.

*nods* It's not so much trying to be brutal as it is not thinking about how you could really wound someone with what you say. Unless that is your aim; then the first impulse is to break out the guns.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 03/11/2008, 08:51 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk_canwest View Post
I went there this summer for the first time in 8 years. It was ridiculously hot, but awesome nevertheless.



I don't know their types.

The first one I mentioned has interests in cooking, body building, and basketball. The second one has interests in reading, and that's about all I know.

The first one values efficiency, and is actually organized in terms of setting agendas. They both do leave things until the last minute, however. They would sit down and chat at the dinner table for an hour when they have an assignment due a few hours later.

The first one seems to have more energy and self confidence than the second one. They are best friends by the way, if that means anything.
Well, sometimes a persons interests can reveal which socionic club they belong to. On what you say it sounds now like one could be ESFp and dunno for second one Ixxp maybe dunno maybe INTp over ISTp if all he does is read haha. When it comes to typing over internet sometimes little info is enough sometimes never can get enough info

I suggest you compare them to the four dichotomies to begin with. You can get details of the four dichotomies on the turbo test on this site, then you can take it from there. Let me know how you get on, am curious
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 04/11/2008, 12:13 AM
tk_canwest tk_canwest is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9
Default

Well, I think one is an ESTP and the other is an ISFP...I can't be sure because I typed them based on my observations.

The ESTP likes to enjoy the present and wants to do things according to his schedule. He is outgoing and does talk about personal stuff around strangers. He seems to be in control of his emotions and uses logic to solve his problems. However, he can be very judgemental and set in his ways sometimes in a new setting.

The ISFP also likes to enjoy the present. He lacks organization skills compared to the ESTP and certainly can't keep his promises. He is quiet most of the times, and doesn't really care about how his action can affect other people. He wants to establish good relationships with others, however, and also tends to base his decisions according to his mood and feelings.

What do you think of these results?
Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old 04/11/2008, 11:34 AM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk_canwest View Post
Well, I think one is an ESTP and the other is an ISFP...I can't be sure because I typed them based on my observations.

The ESTP likes to enjoy the present and wants to do things according to his schedule. He is outgoing and does talk about personal stuff around strangers. He seems to be in control of his emotions and uses logic to solve his problems. However, he can be very judgemental and set in his ways sometimes in a new setting.
ESTp could work too. Based on the information you have provided I would definitely say ESXp but more likely now ESTp than ESFp
Quote:
The ISFP also likes to enjoy the present. He lacks organization skills compared to the ESTP and certainly can't keep his promises. He is quiet most of the times, and doesn't really care about how his action can affect other people. He wants to establish good relationships with others, however, and also tends to base his decisions according to his mood and feelings.

What do you think of these results?
Well, it definitely sounded like IXXp, and now sounds more likely an S. Could be ISTp but ISFp seems more likely. Fact that he wants to establish good relations with others suggests more ISFp than ISTp. Does he generally try to please everyone and doesn't really argue?
Reply With Quote
  #327  
Old 04/11/2008, 05:06 PM
tk_canwest tk_canwest is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Does he generally try to please everyone and doesn't really argue?
I don't think he tries to please everyone, but he seems to be cautious of people's moods; he always asks if I am in a bad mood when I am concentrated on my work. He normally doesn't argue. When I tell my ESTP buddy to do something, he always have something to say. When I tell my ISFP buddy to do something, he sort of shrugs and usually replies with a "I will do it sometime".
Reply With Quote
  #328  
Old 05/11/2008, 02:28 AM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

Would it be possible for you to make a thread on your friends' types and hold that discussion there?
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #329  
Old 05/11/2008, 02:56 AM
tk_canwest tk_canwest is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
Would it be possible for you to make a thread on your friends' types and hold that discussion there?
Sure. I think my discussions are pretty much over anyways.
Reply With Quote
  #330  
Old 08/11/2008, 12:39 AM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

It's not much, but...

https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/mya...4ed150498f.3gp

I'll try to post something better eventually. Least you can hear me.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #331  
Old 12/11/2008, 12:07 AM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
I had an INT_ friend in high school; I thought we had a lot in common, but apparently, we were quite opposite. I have a memory of closeness. However, the details are fuzzy (that was between Fall '02 and the middle of Spring '04). I was the dominant one, and I was the happier one, and a few times, I ran Fi interference (a couple of times, he asked to me to just in case he felt like pounding someone). He apparently saw me as someone to protect/keep an eye on, though I never knew that until he said something about it. We did a lot of verbal sparring.
Update: friend is probably ISTj. And I'm not sure whether preventing him from pounding on someone would constitute Fi. I also had a close friend who tests ENFp; we used to think we were so much alike, but over time, we've come to see we are different. As much as I have come to think I am not INFp, I do believe those two things actually argue for it. Or ENTp, one of the two.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #332  
Old 13/11/2008, 06:39 PM
Sirena
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You are indeed still a mystery, my friend.
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old 13/11/2008, 11:00 PM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

I iz anomaly.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old 14/11/2008, 03:37 AM
king king is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
I iz anomaly.
You remind me alot of someone I know. The way you write and interact with people, even your photo's.
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old 14/11/2008, 08:20 AM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,272
Default

She reminds me of this person I never knew..
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old 14/11/2008, 03:13 PM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by king View Post
You remind me alot of someone I know. The way you write and interact with people, even your photo's.
Would you care to elaborate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
She reminds me of this person I never knew..
Haha...cute, Cyclops.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #337  
Old 16/11/2008, 05:16 AM
king king is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
Would you care to elaborate?
You remind me of an ex of mine. mainly your eyes, the way you write is also very similar. I probably can't describe it so much in socionic terms, but in terms of art criticism, which alot of my background is in, you present youself in your photo's as the viewed rather than the viewer. I wouldn't know if this would be sufficiant to state whether you were introverted or extraverted, as historically and even in contemporary society, there is an underlying cultural expectation for women to present themselves in this way.

For me the most interesting picture of you is the first one, I assume that you've taken it yourself. On the right hand side of the photo, you've alligned your shoulder to create almost an exact line to the left hand side of the door frame, the composition places the focal point on the far left side of your right eye (on the left of the photo), the perspective draws the viewer into your image very strongly, rather then projecting outwards.

You've also half framed your face with the doorway, creating an image within an image, further enforcing the whole being viewed thing. I find it interesting though that you've only half framed yourself, not sure what to make of that.

I might be reading into something that's not there, but that's the impression I get

Last edited by king; 16/11/2008 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #338  
Old 17/11/2008, 04:40 PM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by king View Post
You remind me of an ex of mine. mainly your eyes, the way you write is also very similar. I probably can't describe it so much in socionic terms, but in terms of art criticism, which alot of my background is in, you present youself in your photo's as the viewed rather than the viewer. I wouldn't know if this would be sufficiant to state whether you were introverted or extraverted, as historically and even in contemporary society, there is an underlying cultural expectation for women to present themselves in this way.

For me the most interesting picture of you is the first one, I assume that you've taken it yourself. On the right hand side of the photo, you've alligned your shoulder to create almost an exact line to the left hand side of the door frame, the composition places the focal point on the far left side of your right eye (on the left of the photo), the perspective draws the viewer into your image very strongly, rather then projecting outwards.

You've also half framed your face with the doorway, creating an image within an image, further enforcing the whole being viewed thing. I find it interesting though that you've only half framed yourself, not sure what to make of that.

I might be reading into something that's not there, but that's the impression I get
Was just taking a picture myself. But its cool to know that you could get that out of it. I don't really tend to do anything other than pose for pics; not that I don't consider light and such, but aside from basic lighting and surroundings, I don't pay attention. I would assume that being viewed is the point of taking a picture. I'm not trying to be mean here; it just surprises me that one would seek to present himself or herself another way.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #339  
Old 18/11/2008, 01:35 AM
king king is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 336
Default

compositional choices are rarely conscious choices
Reply With Quote
  #340  
Old 18/11/2008, 01:39 AM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by king View Post
compositional choices are rarely conscious choices
Does this relate somehow?
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 SOCIONICS.COM