Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 04/06/2008, 11:32 PM

Cool Really Cold Or Emotionally Impaired

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
What is RCOEI?
It is a Global 5 type corresponding to this description:

withdrawn, not wild and crazy, private, loner, not relationship obsessed, not swayed by emotions, insensitive to the needs of others, unhelpful, interested in intellectual pursuits, avoidant, does not put the needs of others ahead of self, thinks before acting, very scientific, not upset by the misfortune of strangers, avoids small talk, values solitude, private, does not get worked up about most things, fearless, unaffected by the suffering of others, calm in crisis, not easily excited, won't do much to avoid rejection, not known for generosity, not easily confused, cold, not prone to complimenting others, dislikes most people but tries to get along to minimize hostility, hard to get to know, more dominant than submissive, not easily hurt, driven by reason, influenced more by self than others, rarely worried, hard to impress, not that interested in relationships, hard to influence, not concerned about failing when trying something new, self confident, knows why they do things, not easily moved to tears, not prone to jealousy, not guided by moods
Old 04/06/2008, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntjWurm View Post
It is a Global 5 type corresponding to this description:

withdrawn, not wild and crazy, private, loner, not relationship obsessed, not swayed by emotions, insensitive to the needs of others, unhelpful, interested in intellectual pursuits, avoidant, does not put the needs of others ahead of self, thinks before acting, very scientific, not upset by the misfortune of strangers, avoids small talk, values solitude, private, does not get worked up about most things, fearless, unaffected by the suffering of others, calm in crisis, not easily excited, won't do much to avoid rejection, not known for generosity, not easily confused, cold, not prone to complimenting others, dislikes most people but tries to get along to minimize hostility, hard to get to know, more dominant than submissive, not easily hurt, driven by reason, influenced more by self than others, rarely worried, hard to impress, not that interested in relationships, hard to influence, not concerned about failing when trying something new, self confident, knows why they do things, not easily moved to tears, not prone to jealousy, not guided by moods
Where can I find such test?
Old 04/06/2008, 11:40 PM

Thumbs up Global Representation With Just Five Traits

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
Where can I find such test?
Here is a link.
Old 04/06/2008, 11:59 PM

Quote:
I really like gamelan, klezmer, and flamenco, but my music is mainly baroque and jazz influenced, with a little trance and some shred (I play electric guitar). I can send you some of my work if you want to hear it.

What kind of music do you write?
Mostly Canadian kangeroo jazz and Greenlandish pan-afro-country. Have been delving deeply into the super critical art of balancing these intrinsically genuine styles. It is really difficult.
Old 05/06/2008, 12:04 AM

Exclamation Genre Is The Death Of Invention And Birth Of Innovation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Mostly Canadian kangeroo jazz and Greenlandish pan-afro-country. Have been delving deeply into the super critical art of balancing these intrinsically genuine styles. It is really difficult.
It sounds interesting. Have you ever heard of Brain Sync? They use subliminal frequencies behind the music to create biofeedback and encourage positive mentalities using brainwave therapy.
Old 05/06/2008, 12:19 AM

Quote:
It sounds interesting. Have you ever heard of Brain Sync? They use subliminal frequencies behind the music to create biofeedback and encourage positive mentalities using brainwave therapy.
Yeah, innovation includes implementation (which requires specifics) and is more important than invention which could be a silly dream. Psychoacoustics is an interesting field. It is always present in a great mix but it can be exaggerated to achieve really cool special effects, sub base ultra high frequencies that interfere with audible frequencies or delta spikes at bio/emotional frequencies I guess.
Old 05/06/2008, 12:22 AM

Exclamation Sub Bass Is The Best Instrument

Quote:
Yeah, innovation includes implementation and is more important than invention which could be a silly dream. Psychoacoustics is an interesting field. It is always present in a great mix but it can be exaggerated to achieve really cool special effects, sub base ultra high frequencies that interfere with audible frequencies or delta spikes at bio/emotional frequencies I guess.
Very true. Black holes vibrate incoming matter at Bb 57 octaves below middle C. There is also this (control of machinery with brain waves). The Brain Sync stuff might be a good prep, so we can train even faster.

Last edited by IntjWurm; 05/06/2008 at 12:29 AM.
Old 05/06/2008, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Um, not sure about subliminal frequencies, you make it sound mysteriously complicated. Is this the one where they use binaural recordings? If so then what this have to do with biofeedback?

I personally did tried the binaural recordings myself and not too impressed with it. I also tried biofeedback or should I say neurofeedback and actually own my personal 2 channel EEG machine, and this stuff really works.
Old 05/06/2008, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Very true. Black holes vibrate incoming matter at Bb 57 octaves below middle C. There is also this (control of machinery with brain waves). The Brain Sync stuff might be a good prep, so we can train even faster.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychoacoustics
Old 05/06/2008, 01:28 AM

Unhappy Silence Is A Phonon With An Infinite Period

Quote:
Do you like ambient music?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
Um, not sure about subliminal frequencies, you make it sound mysteriously complicated. Is this the one where they use binaural recordings? If so then what this have to do with biofeedback?

I personally did tried the binaural recordings myself and not too impressed with it. I also tried biofeedback or should I say neurofeedback and actually own my personal 2 channel EEG machine, and this stuff really works.
Not quite, it uses different frequencies that are 'out-of-focus' to stimulate brain waves (you don't actually hear them unless you listen for them) and your EEG and mood should respond. I have seen some pretty amazing neurofeedback on youtube, like someone going into a trance and isolating different brain waves, or completely freezing them and stopping all activity.

EDIT: Never mind you're right, it is binaural...I guess different people are more or less receptive to it.

Last edited by IntjWurm; 05/06/2008 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05/06/2008, 01:35 AM

Quote:

Not quite, it uses different frequencies that are 'out-of-focus' to stimulate brain waves (you don't actually hear them unless you listen for them) and your EEG and mood should respond. I have seen some pretty amazing neurofeedback on youtube, like someone going into a trance and isolating different brain waves, or completely freezing them and stopping all activity.

EDIT: Never mind you're right, it is binaural...I guess different people are more or less receptive to it.

Very interesting! Are these EEG machines pretty expensive?

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 05/06/2008, 01:58 AM

Exclamation Electro-Encephalo Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
Very interesting! Are these EEG machines pretty expensive?
You should ask SG, he has one and seems to like it.
Old 05/06/2008, 07:52 AM

That EEG machine is not reeeeeeeally proper EEG machine, more like a toy with limited feedback. Mine is 2 channel and the clinical EEG is 12 channel or more, so you can imagine the difference. This is what I call neurofeedback:

Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6XeCwFQrCA

TIP: How to embed a YouTube video...

And yeah the machine is expensive, but then expensiveness is relative.
Old 05/06/2008, 07:57 AM
Gone on holiday...

What do EEG machines do? Is this something a weak sensor would respond to?
Old 05/06/2008, 02:25 PM

They boil EGGs..jk They measure your brainwave activity. Neurofeedback however is when you get instant notification when certain brainwave activity is occurring. This makes your concious part of the brain become aware of its own unconscious activity. Pretty neat, huh?
Old 05/06/2008, 02:43 PM
Gone on holiday...

They boil heads then haha. That is quite interesting. I should look into this more. It's stuff like this that keep a simple sensor like me interested. Sometimes I wonder if I'm really here for the socionics as much as the Ne fix lol. How did you find out about this stuff? I will peruse of this some more.
Old 06/06/2008, 07:18 PM
the Omniscient

I actually got into music because of Metallica (by that I mean enjoying to listen to it, then after two years playing it, and then after three years teaching and performing it):

u!

Quote:
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.

Last edited by shadowpuppet; 06/06/2008 at 07:28 PM.
Old 06/06/2008, 07:37 PM

Quote:

Incredibly cool. Are they commercial?
Old 06/06/2008, 07:39 PM
the Omniscient

Quote:
Incredibly cool. Are they commercial?
Do you mean the binaural music, EEG machine, or biofeedback systems in general?

u!

Quote:
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.
Old 06/06/2008, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowpuppet View Post
Do you mean the binaural music, EEG machine, or biofeedback systems in general?
biofeedback systems of course what do you think?