Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #281  
Old 10/03/2010, 11:08 PM
Banter's Avatar
Banter Banter is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
The confusion caused is that people think MBTT and Socionics are compatible and then drag their understanding of the former into the latter.
Weeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, 'n I though there's already a slight but importante difference in spelling... *chuckles

Side-note, people dragging their understanding of MBTT into Socionics will happen anyways not matter what abbreviation/letter system one creates.
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 10/03/2010, 11:14 PM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter View Post
Weeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, 'n I though there's already a slight but importante difference in spelling... *chuckles
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter View Post
Side-note, people dragging their understanding of MBTT into Socionics will happen anyways not matter what abbreviation/letter system one creates.
True. I do, however, think that it's good to cause as little of that as possible.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.

Last edited by Kanerou; 10/03/2010 at 11:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 11/03/2010, 09:23 AM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

I remember Pamela Anderson cracked up in one of her "films", Barbed Wire, she would say, "don't call me babe" when someone called her babe, then go a bit loopy.

Maybe kid would be better, seeing as it's only 3 letters.

Still, i've been called worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter
Side-note, people dragging their understanding of MBTT into Socionics will happen anyways not matter what abbreviation/letter system one creates.
Bingo.
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 08/04/2010, 07:47 AM
k0rps3y's Avatar
k0rps3y k0rps3y is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 58
Default

Bono estente.

MBTI and socionics tests keep saying I'm an INTp, their conceptual differences and my nebulous j-p axis aside.

I became interested in personality testing while researching whether a frustrated girlfriend's accusation of Asperger's syndrome was true. It turns out I'm just a social retard prone to over-intellectualizing emotions along with everything else, which, fortunately, is easier to correct than being a robot, sociopath, or reptile.

While I take the work of Myers and Briggs, Kiersey, and the commies behind socionics with a grain of salt (often referring to their systems' personality profiles as 20-page fortune cookies), I'm glad to incorporate their theories into my examination of human experience, motivation, and behavior.

Since the expansive landscapes and experimental sockpuppetry of my inner life are usually hidden behind my public persona, type-related printouts given to puzzled family and friends have reduced their confusion as to what I'm really about. I often recommended they test themselves to improve their self-understanding and relationships.

Despite my user name I am presently alive.
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 09/04/2010, 09:45 PM
Banter's Avatar
Banter Banter is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0rps3y View Post
Bono estente.

MBTI and socionics tests keep saying I'm an INTp, their conceptual differences and my nebulous j-p axis aside.

I became interested in personality testing while researching whether a frustrated girlfriend's accusation of Asperger's syndrome was true. It turns out I'm just a social retard prone to over-intellectualizing emotions along with everything else, which, fortunately, is easier to correct than being a robot, sociopath, or reptile.

While I take the work of Myers and Briggs, Kiersey, and the commies behind socionics with a grain of salt (often referring to their systems' personality profiles as 20-page fortune cookies), I'm glad to incorporate their theories into my examination of human experience, motivation, and behavior.

Since the expansive landscapes and experimental sockpuppetry of my inner life are usually hidden behind my public persona, type-related printouts given to puzzled family and friends have reduced their confusion as to what I'm really about. I often recommended they test themselves to improve their self-understanding and relationships.

Despite my user name I am presently alive.
lol
¡Bienvenido kOrps3y! Hope you'll enjoy your stay!
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 18/04/2010, 05:22 AM
felafel's Avatar
felafel felafel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 208
Default

hi,
felafel here
apparently long usernames are not allowed on here ( i had to shorten mine; i get the impression this forum is very laconic ..or sth. So i'll keep it brief.

that's it. cheers
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 18/04/2010, 05:28 AM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by felafel View Post
hi,
felafel here
apparently long usernames are not allowed on here ( i had to shorten mine; i get the impression this forum is very laconic ..or sth. So i'll keep it brief.

that's it. cheers
We have to cater to the relative intelligence level here.













*completely kidding*

Welcome to the forums.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 15/05/2010, 03:17 AM
Mudshadow's Avatar
Mudshadow Mudshadow is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8
Default

Hi! New here! ENTP woman, married to an INTJ (yeah, I know). Glad to be here.
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 15/05/2010, 08:21 PM
Banter's Avatar
Banter Banter is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 586
Default

Mudshadow! Enjoy your stay!
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 25/05/2010, 06:59 PM
MDarman's Avatar
MDarman MDarman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 144
Default

Hi,

My name is Maritsa. I became interested in Socionics many years ago when I learned about MBTI. I submitted my information to Rick to have me typed, but I think he and I have learned some interesting perspective on type; in a letter to him, I wrote about my past experience about buying a home and he took that to mean Ni, a flow of events in time. He tried to say that I was INFp but having few exchanges back and forth did not fruit any type for me. Then, I found an author of a book, Rod, who typed me on a few pictures and we exchanged a few emails. Through Rod's understanding of type, morphology, and compassion for who I am, I was able to open up and speak about the things about myself that I was insecure and secretive about. This self discover of sorts was not only enlightening, in terms of a spiritual experience and acceptance of myself, but a lot of it was warming as well.

INFj types hold a lot of who they are away from the world of criticism, because we live to idealize ourselves and everything else around us, and if we don't example ourselves as the epitome of the best then we have failed, in a lot of respects. I would encourage, when typing INFj's or possible INFj's that people ask and make it comfortable for them to speak about such secrets/insecurities and maybe about their deep feelings about people, the world of people, their ideals, and their perspective on relations or interrelations.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old 25/05/2010, 07:08 PM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,371
Default

Greetings.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 27/05/2010, 03:34 AM
RSV3's Avatar
RSV3 RSV3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudshadow View Post
Hi! New here! ENTP woman, married to an INTJ (yeah, I know). Glad to be here.
I'd be interested to here a description of this relationship dynamic if you're interested in sharing.
__________________
Sociotype.com

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 27/05/2010, 07:44 AM
felafel's Avatar
felafel felafel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
I remember Pamela Anderson cracked up in one of her "films", Barbed Wire, she would say, "don't call me babe" when someone called her babe, then go a bit loopy.

Maybe kid would be better, seeing as it's only 3 letters.

Still, i've been called worse.

Bingo.
kid is bad, but there's worse..? why's kid bad...? always thought it was good, but who knows what other people think lol
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 29/05/2010, 03:41 PM
goldgoldgold's Avatar
goldgoldgold goldgoldgold is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
I'd be interested to here a description of this relationship dynamic if you're interested in sharing.
yes this! ^
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 07/06/2010, 12:21 PM
zampa zampa is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 31
Default

Hi, I'm Davide. I'm from Italy. I am 27 years old International Economics master student. I'm an istp/sli. I'm intrested in socionics cause mbti are a kind of limited theory and has low fitting with my personality. I have a black humor/I have a strong sarcasm, I try to sto myself but someties i misunderstood,I apologize if anyone could take offense from that.
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 07/06/2010, 03:02 PM
SG's Avatar
SG SG is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,521
Default

Ciao!
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 07/06/2010, 03:29 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
Ciao!
I had to run that through Google Translate lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by zampa View Post
Hi, I'm Davide. I'm from Italy. I am 27 years old International Economics master student. I'm an istp/sli. I'm intrested in socionics cause mbti are a kind of limited theory and has low fitting with my personality. I have a black humor/I have a strong sarcasm, I try to sto myself but someties i misunderstood,I apologize if anyone could take offense from that.
Welcome to forum dude!

Last edited by Cyclops; 07/06/2010 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 15/06/2010, 03:45 AM
Willow's Avatar
Willow Willow is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14
Default Hello

Hello, I'm Star. I joined this forum a few months ago after taking an online Socionics test but never got back to it. I'm not very familiar with Socionics at all and I must say that as I read some of these threads I feel completely lost. I'm definately going to have to read up on this stuff some more....
I'm an INFj and I think the type description matches me enough. I must admit though that I think the physical facial descriptions of each type are a bit silly. They sound like caricatures of people and I really don't see how one's physical appearance has anything to do with one's personality. I would be very amused though, if someone were able to prove me wrong about this. Nevertheless, the personality descriptions are interesting and I'm always looking for new perspectives on personality types and ways of understanding myself and others.

I'm an artist (a painter) and I'm married to a loveably snarky INTj. We have two autistic children that I stay home with... And don't tell me that's not a real job!
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 15/06/2010, 05:25 PM
stanprollyright's Avatar
stanprollyright stanprollyright is offline
The Looks
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
Hello, I'm Star. I joined this forum a few months ago after taking an online Socionics test but never got back to it. I'm not very familiar with Socionics at all and I must say that as I read some of these threads I feel completely lost. I'm definately going to have to read up on this stuff some more....
I'm an INFj and I think the type description matches me enough. I must admit though that I think the physical facial descriptions of each type are a bit silly. They sound like caricatures of people and I really don't see how one's physical appearance has anything to do with one's personality. I would be very amused though, if someone were able to prove me wrong about this. Nevertheless, the personality descriptions are interesting and I'm always looking for new perspectives on personality types and ways of understanding myself and others.

I'm an artist (a painter) and I'm married to a loveably snarky INTj. We have two autistic children that I stay home with... And don't tell me that's not a real job!
Welcome!!!
__________________
So this one time me an' my bes' frien' Stan, we went to a church service. That preacher was talkin' 'bout hell. So Stan leans over to me an' he says, "I bet hell is like a PoLR hit every day."

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old 23/06/2010, 04:23 AM
horso horso is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 19
Default

Hi there!

I have just made a new thread begging people to VI me. So, go ahead if you want...

Thanks so much.

After people VI me then I'll tell more about me.

*horso*
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2007 SOCIONICS.COM