Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 10/03/2010, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
The confusion caused is that people think MBTT and Socionics are compatible and then drag their understanding of the former into the latter.
Weeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, 'n I though there's already a slight but importante difference in spelling... *chuckles

Side-note, people dragging their understanding of MBTT into Socionics will happen anyways not matter what abbreviation/letter system one creates.
Old 10/03/2010, 11:14 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter View Post
Weeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, 'n I though there's already a slight but importante difference in spelling... *chuckles
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter View Post
Side-note, people dragging their understanding of MBTT into Socionics will happen anyways not matter what abbreviation/letter system one creates.
True. I do, however, think that it's good to cause as little of that as possible.

Last edited by Kanerou; 10/03/2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old 11/03/2010, 09:23 AM
Gone on holiday...

I remember Pamela Anderson cracked up in one of her "films", Barbed Wire, she would say, "don't call me babe" when someone called her babe, then go a bit loopy.

Maybe kid would be better, seeing as it's only 3 letters.

Still, i've been called worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter
Bingo.
Old 08/04/2010, 07:47 AM

Bono estente.

MBTI and socionics tests keep saying I'm an INTp, their conceptual differences and my nebulous j-p axis aside.

I became interested in personality testing while researching whether a frustrated girlfriend's accusation of Asperger's syndrome was true. It turns out I'm just a social retard prone to over-intellectualizing emotions along with everything else, which, fortunately, is easier to correct than being a robot, sociopath, or reptile.

While I take the work of Myers and Briggs, Kiersey, and the commies behind socionics with a grain of salt (often referring to their systems' personality profiles as 20-page fortune cookies), I'm glad to incorporate their theories into my examination of human experience, motivation, and behavior.

Since the expansive landscapes and experimental sockpuppetry of my inner life are usually hidden behind my public persona, type-related printouts given to puzzled family and friends have reduced their confusion as to what I'm really about. I often recommended they test themselves to improve their self-understanding and relationships.

Despite my user name I am presently alive.
Old 09/04/2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0rps3y View Post
Bono estente.

MBTI and socionics tests keep saying I'm an INTp, their conceptual differences and my nebulous j-p axis aside.

I became interested in personality testing while researching whether a frustrated girlfriend's accusation of Asperger's syndrome was true. It turns out I'm just a social retard prone to over-intellectualizing emotions along with everything else, which, fortunately, is easier to correct than being a robot, sociopath, or reptile.

While I take the work of Myers and Briggs, Kiersey, and the commies behind socionics with a grain of salt (often referring to their systems' personality profiles as 20-page fortune cookies), I'm glad to incorporate their theories into my examination of human experience, motivation, and behavior.

Since the expansive landscapes and experimental sockpuppetry of my inner life are usually hidden behind my public persona, type-related printouts given to puzzled family and friends have reduced their confusion as to what I'm really about. I often recommended they test themselves to improve their self-understanding and relationships.

Despite my user name I am presently alive.
lol
¡Bienvenido kOrps3y! Hope you'll enjoy your stay!
Old 18/04/2010, 05:22 AM

hi,
felafel here
apparently long usernames are not allowed on here ( i had to shorten mine; i get the impression this forum is very laconic ..or sth. So i'll keep it brief.

that's it. cheers
Old 18/04/2010, 05:28 AM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by felafel View Post
hi,
felafel here
apparently long usernames are not allowed on here ( i had to shorten mine; i get the impression this forum is very laconic ..or sth. So i'll keep it brief.

that's it. cheers
We have to cater to the relative intelligence level here.

*completely kidding*

Welcome to the forums.
Old 15/05/2010, 03:17 AM

Hi! New here! ENTP woman, married to an INTJ (yeah, I know). Glad to be here.
Old 15/05/2010, 08:21 PM

Mudshadow! Enjoy your stay!
Old 25/05/2010, 06:59 PM

Hi,

My name is Maritsa. I became interested in Socionics many years ago when I learned about MBTI. I submitted my information to Rick to have me typed, but I think he and I have learned some interesting perspective on type; in a letter to him, I wrote about my past experience about buying a home and he took that to mean Ni, a flow of events in time. He tried to say that I was INFp but having few exchanges back and forth did not fruit any type for me. Then, I found an author of a book, Rod, who typed me on a few pictures and we exchanged a few emails. Through Rod's understanding of type, morphology, and compassion for who I am, I was able to open up and speak about the things about myself that I was insecure and secretive about. This self discover of sorts was not only enlightening, in terms of a spiritual experience and acceptance of myself, but a lot of it was warming as well.

INFj types hold a lot of who they are away from the world of criticism, because we live to idealize ourselves and everything else around us, and if we don't example ourselves as the epitome of the best then we have failed, in a lot of respects. I would encourage, when typing INFj's or possible INFj's that people ask and make it comfortable for them to speak about such secrets/insecurities and maybe about their deep feelings about people, the world of people, their ideals, and their perspective on relations or interrelations.

Old 25/05/2010, 07:08 PM
Omnomnom

Greetings.
Old 27/05/2010, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudshadow View Post
Hi! New here! ENTP woman, married to an INTJ (yeah, I know). Glad to be here.
I'd be interested to here a description of this relationship dynamic if you're interested in sharing.

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 27/05/2010, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
I remember Pamela Anderson cracked up in one of her "films", Barbed Wire, she would say, "don't call me babe" when someone called her babe, then go a bit loopy.

Maybe kid would be better, seeing as it's only 3 letters.

Still, i've been called worse.

Bingo.
kid is bad, but there's worse..? why's kid bad...? always thought it was good, but who knows what other people think lol
Old 29/05/2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
I'd be interested to here a description of this relationship dynamic if you're interested in sharing.
yes this! ^
Old 07/06/2010, 12:21 PM

Hi, I'm Davide. I'm from Italy. I am 27 years old International Economics master student. I'm an istp/sli. I'm intrested in socionics cause mbti are a kind of limited theory and has low fitting with my personality. I have a black humor/I have a strong sarcasm, I try to sto myself but someties i misunderstood,I apologize if anyone could take offense from that.
Old 07/06/2010, 03:02 PM

Ciao!
Old 07/06/2010, 03:29 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
Ciao!
I had to run that through Google Translate lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by zampa View Post
Hi, I'm Davide. I'm from Italy. I am 27 years old International Economics master student. I'm an istp/sli. I'm intrested in socionics cause mbti are a kind of limited theory and has low fitting with my personality. I have a black humor/I have a strong sarcasm, I try to sto myself but someties i misunderstood,I apologize if anyone could take offense from that.
Welcome to forum dude!

Last edited by Cyclops; 07/06/2010 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 15/06/2010, 03:45 AM

Default Hello

Hello, I'm Star. I joined this forum a few months ago after taking an online Socionics test but never got back to it. I'm not very familiar with Socionics at all and I must say that as I read some of these threads I feel completely lost. I'm definately going to have to read up on this stuff some more....
I'm an INFj and I think the type description matches me enough. I must admit though that I think the physical facial descriptions of each type are a bit silly. They sound like caricatures of people and I really don't see how one's physical appearance has anything to do with one's personality. I would be very amused though, if someone were able to prove me wrong about this. Nevertheless, the personality descriptions are interesting and I'm always looking for new perspectives on personality types and ways of understanding myself and others.

I'm an artist (a painter) and I'm married to a loveably snarky INTj. We have two autistic children that I stay home with... And don't tell me that's not a real job!
Old 15/06/2010, 05:25 PM
The Looks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
Hello, I'm Star. I joined this forum a few months ago after taking an online Socionics test but never got back to it. I'm not very familiar with Socionics at all and I must say that as I read some of these threads I feel completely lost. I'm definately going to have to read up on this stuff some more....
I'm an INFj and I think the type description matches me enough. I must admit though that I think the physical facial descriptions of each type are a bit silly. They sound like caricatures of people and I really don't see how one's physical appearance has anything to do with one's personality. I would be very amused though, if someone were able to prove me wrong about this. Nevertheless, the personality descriptions are interesting and I'm always looking for new perspectives on personality types and ways of understanding myself and others.

I'm an artist (a painter) and I'm married to a loveably snarky INTj. We have two autistic children that I stay home with... And don't tell me that's not a real job!
Welcome!!!

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."
Old 23/06/2010, 04:23 AM

Hi there!

I have just made a new thread begging people to VI me. So, go ahead if you want...

Thanks so much.

After people VI me then I'll tell more about me.

*horso*