Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 09/08/2011, 01:25 PM

Lightbulb Idea of creating cool computer game from socionics

I'll tell you about myself: I am a gamer. But in a few last years I caught a game in which I saw an interesting idea in advance of Socionics.
Gemcraft
Description
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GemCraft

You may play this game here:
http://armorgames.com/play/3527/gemcraft-chapter-0

I personally like best version:
Gemcraft Chapter zero
Now the main thing: what it can give Socionics:
The philosophy of the game is based on the use of Gemcraft 8 crystals, each of which has a certain property. I found close to correlations with information aspects.
Namely:
"Steal Mana" - :Te:
"Critical hit" - :Se:
"Chain-hit" - :Fi: White ethics (such as: to strike the main monster and his colleagues nearest)
"Shock" - :Ti: (such as: find the weak links in the system functioning and cause damage to the monster)
"Slow" - :Ni:
"Poison" - :Si:
"Piercing armour " - :Ne: (like, to form a potential threat to monsters)
"Splash" - :Fe:

But then I got the idea further: What if a little crack the code of the game and the stones - that is, to label their names "Socionic"
A little to change the laws of the game, crystals - to shape socionic aspects.
Also slightly change the background of the game: Original:
You - like a magician, who had studied for many years at the academy of magic, after rummaging in the library - learned about the existence of the mysterious Crystal eternity. Manuscripts indicate that the necessary engines to the north, in order to find him through a dangerous area full of all evil ...
Changed to:
You - like a magician, who had studied for many years at the academy of magic, after rummaging in the library - learned about the existence of the wonderful science of Socionics - able to give happiness to its owner, but the knowledge are partial. Knowledge guarded secret in parts seven guards. And 8 (a collection of all aspects of IM) Guard - the greatest evil and Horror (when played enough in this game - I will tell you what properties it should have). It needs to win. Manuscripts indicate that the necessary engines to the north, in order to find him through a dangerous area full of all evil ...
The most powerful crystal - combined from 8 colours of the crystals is called "Prizmatic" - a "tip", for every gamer that when he was in the structure their life decisions cover all aspects of the 8 information - it will have access to advanced solutions.

The game also has dual crystals - a combination of two crystals. - This is an allusion to the advantages in making the connection of dual thinking (well, this co-player). In the original: same traces advances dualization for example combine well: :Te: "to steal mana," and :Fi: "chain hit" The result: a mana stealing not only from the selected monster and from nearest also. :Ti:"Shock" with :Fe: "splash" in the traps work well - allowing for a long time delay of several monsters. :Se: "Critical Strike" works quite well (just not combining crystals) with :Ni: "Slowling" - for example if requred task is to destroy a giant monster. :Si: "Poison" and :Ne: "reduce armor" - just do not interfere with each other: :Si: The poison of any cause damage regardless of armor, and :Ne: "reduce armor" - a monster make vulnerable.
There are also examples of unsuccessful combinations of aspects (antagonistic) (or crystals in the game):
reducer armor :Ne: is inefficient to put together a critical impact :Se:. It can be considered only separately.
Poison :Si: is inefficient with slow :Ni:: need to the monster had been poisoned - quickly passed, and after him went the other, with the new batch of poison. Slow :Ni: - often provoke appearing clusters of monsters in result what - not everyone will get a portion.
Old 10/08/2011, 08:03 PM

Game doesn't run. *shrugs
Old 04/04/2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaaroslav View Post
I'll tell you about myself: I am a gamer. But in a few last years I caught a game in which I saw an interesting idea in advance of Socionics.
Gemcraft
Description
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GemCraft

You may play this game here:
http://armorgames.com/play/3527/gemcraft-chapter-0

I personally like best version:
Gemcraft Chapter zero
Now the main thing: what it can give Socionics:
The philosophy of the game is based on the use of Gemcraft 8 crystals, each of which has a certain property. I found close to correlations with information aspects.
Namely:
"Steal Mana" - :Te:
"Critical hit" - :Se:
"Chain-hit" - :Fi: White ethics (such as: to strike the main monster and his colleagues nearest)
"Shock" - :Ti: (such as: find the weak links in the system functioning and cause damage to the monster)
"Slow" - :Ni:
"Poison" - :Si:
"Piercing armour " - :Ne: (like, to form a potential threat to monsters)
"Splash" - :Fe:

But then I got the idea further: What if a little crack the code of the game and the stones - that is, to label their names "Socionic"
A little to change the laws of the game, crystals - to shape socionic aspects.
Also slightly change the background of the game: Original:
You - like a magician, who had studied for many years at the academy of magic, after rummaging in the library - learned about the existence of the mysterious Crystal eternity. Manuscripts indicate that the necessary engines to the north, in order to find him through a dangerous area full of all evil ...
Changed to:
You - like a magician, who had studied for many years at the academy of magic, after rummaging in the library - learned about the existence of the wonderful science of Socionics - able to give happiness to its owner, but the knowledge are partial. Knowledge guarded secret in parts seven guards. And 8 (a collection of all aspects of IM) Guard - the greatest evil and Horror (when played enough in this game - I will tell you what properties it should have). It needs to win. Manuscripts indicate that the necessary engines to the north, in order to find him through a dangerous area full of all evil ...
The most powerful crystal - combined from 8 colours of the crystals is called "Prizmatic" - a "tip", for every gamer that when he was in the structure their life decisions cover all aspects of the 8 information - it will have access to advanced solutions.

The game also has dual crystals - a combination of two crystals. - This is an allusion to the advantages in making the connection of dual thinking (well, this co-player). In the original: same traces advances dualization for example combine well: :Te: "to steal mana," and :Fi: "chain hit" The result: a mana stealing not only from the selected monster and from nearest also. :Ti:"Shock" with :Fe: "splash" in the traps work well - allowing for a long time delay of several monsters. :Se: "Critical Strike" works quite well (just not combining crystals) with :Ni: "Slowling" - for example if requred task is to destroy a giant monster. :Si: "Poison" and :Ne: "reduce armor" - just do not interfere with each other: :Si: The poison of any cause damage regardless of armor, and :Ne: "reduce armor" - a monster make vulnerable.
There are also examples of unsuccessful combinations of aspects (antagonistic) (or crystals in the game):
reducer armor :Ne: is inefficient to put together a critical impact :Se:. It can be considered only separately.
Poison :Si: is inefficient with slow :Ni:: need to the monster had been poisoned - quickly passed, and after him went the other, with the new batch of poison. Slow :Ni: - often provoke appearing clusters of monsters in result what - not everyone will get a portion.
I had the very same idea a few years back, but I know absolutely nothing about gaming. I think it would be a really cool idea.

It would be cool if you could use the functions as they are actually used. Like using Fe to energise your troops. Te could be used like a cheat, and light up the quickest, most efficient route to follow. Hit the Ne button and a variety of hidden possibilities emerge and so on.

I'd be willing to discuss this further if you like.
P.M. me.