Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 10/06/2008, 12:33 AM
House Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Maybe everyone is right all the time but is always misunderstood by other people because of limitations in language causing misunderstanding between people?
Nice try. But unfortunately such a position is untenable on logical grounds. Language is in itself an intersubjective phenomenon. You cannot believe that you misunderstand other people and that they misunderstand you all the time, because in that case you wouldn't know the meaning of the words in which you formulate your own doubt. Your doubt wouldn't make any sense, because your doubt presupposes meaning. It is logically incoherent to assume that you can doubt everything.
Old 10/06/2008, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Nice try. But unfortunately such a position is untenable on logical grounds. Language is in itself an intersubjective phenomenon. You cannot believe that you misunderstand other people and that they misunderstand you all the time, because in that case you wouldn't know the meaning of the words in which you formulate your own doubt. Your doubt wouldn't make any sense, because your doubt presupposes meaning. It is logically incoherent to assume that you can doubt everything.
`buttering the pop corn`
How do you know what you express is understood the way you understand what you want to express when you are talking to a person in your situation?

This is the simplest and most convinient situations of all, still it is not straightforward.

You will be clinging to logical proofs in the end, hehe!
Old 10/06/2008, 12:51 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
`buttering the pop corn`
How do you know what you express is understood the way you understand what you want to express when you are talking to a person in your situation?

This is the simplest and most convinient situations of all, still it is not straightforward.

You will be clinging to logical proofs in the end, hehe!
Language is not the only form of communication. People listen to more than sounds. I mean there are four other senses involved at least.
Old 10/06/2008, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Language is not the only form of communication. People listen to more than sounds. I mean there are four other senses involved at least.
Yeah, tell that to Prom.
Old 01/11/2008, 10:49 AM

ESFP. here's why:

"[ESFP's] eyes normally show great alertness and seem to be constantly in motion. They seem to slide over people and objects creating the impression that ESFps are trying to better sense their surroundings."
From watching the videos, I noticed her eyes really were constantly moving about and they really seemed to give the impression that she was alert. In fact, it was one the first things that I noticed about her.

Also, "ESFps usually wear original, brightly coloured, eye-catching clothes and accessories in order to attract attention to themselves. This is especially applicable to females. They are often influenced by the latest fashions, but will not wear something if they feel it will not suit them. "
I think that is pretty obvious about her. It's not just that she where's "bright" clothing, but also she wears what fits her body best.

"In company ESFps like to provoke positive emotions in others. However they do not like to entertain people by themselves, but will willingly sustain an easy atmosphere. ESFps are normally very talkative and sociable."
Once again, that seems pretty obvious from watching the videos.

from the socionics ESFP celebrity page:

anyway, that's not my FINAL conclusion, just what I heavily lean towards.
Old 01/11/2008, 01:28 PM

The examples of appearances in type descriptions are totally irrelevant to VI.
Old 01/11/2008, 06:38 PM

How so????