Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 26/05/2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjy View Post
Oh i missed this post. I can put in my comment as well. My initial communication with my dual was sort of a paradox. It was surprisingly and unexpectedly straightforward and flowed like magic, but was still awkward because we live such vastly different lifestyles, have COMPLETELY different circles of friends and leisure interests, and would not really have found each other of our own accord had we not been assigned to work together on a number of occasions. He is also slightly younger than me by a couple years, and together with his frat-boy sort of lifestyle is at a point in life where he is a bit less mature than me and a different stage in life than I am, as far as what we are looking for in a relationship.

So we definitely did some dualizing and it was a very unique and special sort of interaction, but it never quite was able to materialize into a relationship of any kind, even a friendship, perhaps because of doubts from both ends. I kept doubting that he is proper boyfriend material and whether I am reading his body language correctly, he perhaps doubted how I feel about him or that I would want to pursue a relationship with the likes of him, or maybe he doubted that I would approve of or enjoy his leisure interests with him. It also didn't help that I had to move away suddenly. That certainly stopped the whole process in its tracks.

Sigh. . .a case of duals traveling in different directions, just like Aushra described.
hey WA (i think? lol)
x
Old 26/05/2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by felafel View Post
hey WA (i think? lol)
x
darn. . .i figured that post would give it away. . .
Old 26/05/2010, 09:39 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
*waves* You don't know me, but I tend to lurk at the16types.
Old 26/05/2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
haha lol, no, not really, more due to some other ... stuff
Old 26/05/2010, 10:02 PM

haha..you guys are funny...I recognized her at first shot.
Old 26/05/2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDarman View Post
hej babes, i'd very much like to use a certain word but i think i'll refrain

hope you're having a good day

edit: 'twas just sth about the weather, really xx

Last edited by felafel; 26/05/2010 at 10:18 PM.
Old 27/05/2010, 04:47 AM

Quote:
lol Maritsa, u know you didn't!!

You cracked me up with your praises (which I actually believe I deserved at the 16types as well, because I was saying the same exact things there that you only just noticed were so awesome when you read them here). But thank you nonetheless. I did find that very flattering.

Anyway, I'm glad we're friends now because we are mirrors--we SHOULD be friends, no?
Old 27/05/2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Anyway, I'm glad we're friends now because we are mirrors--we SHOULD be friends, no?
Are you an IEI?

ETA: my initial experience is always cool, we always hit it off straight away, either as good friends or as potential partners. The conversation flows well and the silences are natural, the banter that follows is fun after the first few weeks or so of getting to know them. We always tend to agree, and like our perspectives about life. Sometimes complex, but then again I don't know that many duals!

Last edited by Ezra; 27/05/2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 27/05/2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
Are you an IEI?
Are you assuming that I am ENFj?
Old 27/05/2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Are you assuming that I am ENFj?
Assuming?
Old 28/05/2010, 12:17 AM

LOL Ezra. . .no i'm not IEI. . .u saw what a disaster THAT was!

I am just acquiesing to Marista's self-typing, because I am enjoying the peace and quiet of this forum so far and there are more interesting things to talk about than Maritsa's type.
Old 28/05/2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
Assuming?
I think it's clear that I am INFj, Te seeking because I don't know how to do things..."how do you do this?" LOL I like Airborne/FSG because he gives clear cut instructions "THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT"
Old 13/08/2010, 11:50 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
I just have to say that I'm an MBTI INFJ and a socionics ENFp and I keep testing INFp/j on that darned test. I think the problem is that it doesn't take into account the fact that ENFp's can be quiet/solitary.
Agreed.

Quote:
Yes, I've found this too. ISTp's come in varied flavors as well, and one in particular that i know comes across as very sociable, and likes to think of himself that way. I'm discovering that I come across more sociable than I think I do, but how outgoing I am depends on who i'm with and what setting i'm in. That is all an MBTI understanding of extravert/intravert.

That said, I still recognize the fact that I apply intuition externally (a function that is not very verbal), reflecting back on objects, and the ISTp applies sensing internally, focusing on how objects make him feel physically. So even though to a spectator, his Te seems to be running the show, the fact remains that he is a socionics introvert. And I am a socionics extravert.
I also think that as it's coupled with Fi, that it can often support the quietness, as Ne being rather non verbal going into an introverted function of relations (which also doesn't necessarily have to be verbal) can easily create the more quietness/serious demeanor.

MBTI dichotomies are

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
Not enough to question a typing over if thats the only "evidence." IEEs are introspective and subdue Fe expression, so they often view themselves in an introverted light. I used to think I was unusually introverted and passive, when reality is that I am quite the opposite.

This sort of behavior is also often wrongly assumed to be uncharacteristic of IEEs.
Agreed.
Old 15/08/2010, 04:13 PM

If I EVER think in my head at some point in the relationship (friends or s.o.'s) "what is wrong with this person? why can't they get their sh*t together? and why won't they do this reeeaally awesome thing that I think would be perfect for them??"...

....then I'm probably hanging out with an INTp.

Even with my INTp mom, who I've known before birth, I'll think to myself "what is wrong with this lady?? did she not just recognize this awesome opportunity I'm trying to convince her to take... and why is she not taking it?? did she just *not* listen to ANYTHING I've said?? and is she still going to let me do laundry for free at her house?? maybe.. maybe... oh wow, I'm hungry. I hope she still has some of those awesome meatballs she bought from Wal-Mart a few days ago....'cause those were really good.... and wait... where's she going? I think she's going to the fridge...maybe I should ask her about those meatballs...? nah, I'll just wait until she's gone to look in her fridge."

yep. oh and me and my INTp mom will fight, but even during our "fights" we still will say stuff to each other like:

mom: "don't you care what other people will think about you?"
me: "if I cared about what people thought about me... I WOULD LIVE IN A CAVE!!!!"
mom: "it's great that you have a great sex life, but other people don't need to know."
me: "I don't care whether they want to know or not....'CAUSE THEY'RE GONNA KNOW NOW!! THAT'S RIGHT, I'M GOING TO MAKE THEM KNOW THAT I HAVE A BANGING SEX LIFE AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME!!"
mom: *sighs* "do you still want me to fix your shirt??"
me: "WHICH ONE??!! IS IT THE ONE WITH THE STAIN ON THE BACK, THAT I STILL NEED TO GET OUT??!!"
mom: "the one that you left by the dryer..."
me: "oh yeah... ummmm maybe, I donno know....'cause my other friend who owns an alteration shop said that she could do it for free AND get the stain out too...so..."
mom: "okay. well, if that what's you want to do...." (looks defeated and sad at this point)
me: "well, I donno, like I said she can do it for free, but if it's something that you think that you can do... I guess I'll just leave it here. but I need it by Friday....."
mom: "Friday?? Okay, but you can't wear it with that skirt, because it shows too much." (looks sorta happy now)
me: "I know, I know. besides I was planning on wearing it with jeans, I just don't know which ones yet......."

and on and on and on...

I heart INTp's .