Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 24/07/2008, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter View Post
Well, you could die the next day. Then tell me, what was it good for to think about the future
Nobody ever said everything was supposed to make sense-so maybe thinking about the future is one of those things that isn't supposed to make sense for some looking forward may not be a good thing but for others it may be it just depends who you are I guess.
Old 24/07/2008, 10:41 AM

Looking forward... to the end? Wait, you actually want to look backward from what I understood...Well, you're right about one thing though, it doesn't make sense... to me anyway.
Old 24/07/2008, 03:48 PM

I like thinking about the past. All that glorious nostalgia, those sentimental memories, when I was young..... maybe thats just a ISFp thing lol
Old 25/07/2008, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinosleep View Post
I like thinking about the past. All that glorious nostalgia, those sentimental memories, when I was young..... maybe thats just a ISFp thing lol
That's to funny/cute, I like thinking about when I was younger as well-oh man some of the things I would have done different, but there are so many things that I don't regret at all.
Old 25/07/2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowpuppet View Post
You know, any second a gamma ray burst (the most luminous electromagnetic events to occur in the universe after the Big Bang) can incinerate the Earth at the speed of light (meaning it will happen before we know what hit us with very little possibility of prediction and no possibility of evasive action), boiling the oceans and blowing away the atmosphere in a matter of seconds (they are caused by the sudden collapse of the core of a rapidly rotating, high-mass star into a black hole). Individual gamma ray bursts are detected on Earth multiple times per day, but most are too far away to do significant damage (significant destruction occurs within 8,000 lightyears of the event). The Permian–Triassic extinction event (aka the Great Dying), in which 96% of all marine species and 70% of terrestrial vertebrate species became extinct, may have been caused by a short but close-range gamma ray burst. Also, this forum is about being positive, so when it comes remember to smile!

We can say that the probability that the earth is hit is very very close to zero, right? Since the earth is a small point according to the region that consists of all the possible points that could be hit.
Old 25/07/2008, 02:06 PM
Gone on holiday...

I don't think it's good to worry too much about these things though, it can reach a point of being counter productive?
Old 25/07/2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
I don't think it's good to worry too much about these things though, it can reach a point of being counter productive !
Fixed.