Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 26/03/2008, 11:19 PM
Tron Tron is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 82
Default ESFjs here

Can the ESFjs of this forum help with extracting the thing that describe them from the following: Activity, cheerfulness, laughter, tear, experience, merriment, celebratory meal, children, family, the optimism. To associate, to talk, to laugh, tasteful to eat, to feed friends and close ones, to be glad at the life. Journeys, holidays, attack, to participate and to arrange cultural and mass measures, to organize merriment, cordiality, care, obtrusiveness. To entertain, to give gifts, to make pleasant to people, to be met with the clever interesting people, to expend money, “to pull at” the taciturn people. Noisiness, loud speech, garrulity, emotionalism, fussiness, always speaks that thinks. To be in the center of attention, all to entertain. Indian films, the Mexican series. Beauty, cleanliness, order, the material prosperity. I love validity, love, when everything on the honest and equally. Resoluteness and initiative, the skill to defend its interests; the ability to rapidly make the decisions. To take initiative, to appear persistence, exactingness, imperiousness. To impose its opinion and views on the problem, at the same time [diplomatic], the skill to rapidly settle the conflicts. Unhealthy perception of the criticism. It loves to associate with the people, loves the animals. I do not love: gregariousness, incoherence; I do not love to seem weak; I do not suffer, when they indicate to me that it is necessary to make.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 31/03/2008, 07:57 PM
cracka's Avatar
cracka cracka is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 47
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron View Post
Can the ESFjs of this forum help with extracting the thing that describe them from the following: Activity, cheerfulness, laughter, tear, experience, merriment, celebratory meal, children, family, the optimism. To associate, to talk, to laugh, tasteful to eat, to feed friends and close ones, to be glad at the life. Journeys, holidays, attack, to participate and to arrange cultural and mass measures, to organize merriment, cordiality, care, obtrusiveness. To entertain, to give gifts, to make pleasant to people, to be met with the clever interesting people, to expend money, “to pull at” the taciturn people. Noisiness, loud speech, garrulity, emotionalism, fussiness, always speaks that thinks. To be in the center of attention, all to entertain. Indian films, the Mexican series. Beauty, cleanliness, order, the material prosperity. I love validity, love, when everything on the honest and equally. Resoluteness and initiative, the skill to defend its interests; the ability to rapidly make the decisions. To take initiative, to appear persistence, exactingness, imperiousness. To impose its opinion and views on the problem, at the same time [diplomatic], the skill to rapidly settle the conflicts. Unhealthy perception of the criticism. It loves to associate with the people, loves the animals. I do not love: gregariousness, incoherence; I do not love to seem weak; I do not suffer, when they indicate to me that it is necessary to make.

I don't really know what you're looking for here? That's a large amount of words that cover a rather vast array of traits/skills/abilities.

There are not too many ESFJ's in the online forum world from what I've noticed though. I'm sure that I'm one of the very few and I very rarely come to this forum much at all. without specifically asking a question I don't really know what you want me to type out about all that?

Last edited by cracka; 31/03/2008 at 08:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01/04/2008, 04:05 PM
complicater-complexer's Avatar
complicater-complexer complicater-complexer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,374
Default

I thought why ESFjs are rare in the forums world. Well it would be better to go and help somebody instead of helping oneself by introspection, right?
__________________
"To live happy, live hidden."
β ST, E6 autopreservation.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01/04/2008, 08:13 PM
cracka's Avatar
cracka cracka is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 47
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
I thought why ESFjs are rare in the forums world. Well it would be better to go and help somebody instead of helping oneself by introspection, right?

That could be a reason. i couldn't say. personally, I've been involved in message forums since back around 2000. I was pretty active on Car related message boards where i used to help set up car shows, get togethers, races, and any other types of events. For a person as social as i already am, I found that it's easy to meet new people in this way and I've just learned to hang out on forums such as this one and other type related sites since finding out about socionics. It's not like I'm actually here, or other forums like it, for socionics at all really. I've never really tried or wanted to learn the theory, I just like the people aspect of it. I've realized I like the people interested in it more than I care about the subject...lol. I also have 2 hour long breaks at work and need something to take up that time so I know this is a reason for being in a place like this too...haha.

I think it's a case of ESFJ's not being interested in an online social circle as much as they'd rather be in one IRL. I'm sure if an ESFJ really got into the theory and learned a lot of it, they'd be a person that's really on message forums quite a bit to learn and teach others about it. I'm sure it'll come down to someone having to teach an esfj about it and bring them over to this environment to talk about it, then they'd most likely be addicted to some extent. Let me know if any of this made any sense...lol.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01/04/2008, 08:20 PM
SG's Avatar
SG SG is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracka View Post
Let me know if any of this made any sense...lol.
I find this really irritating that you're insisting on fitting yourself into ESFj profile. But never mind me.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01/04/2008, 10:20 PM
complicater-complexer's Avatar
complicater-complexer complicater-complexer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
I find this really irritating that you're insisting on fitting yourself into ESFj profile. But never mind me.
Crack can you open please a new thread telling us more what is making you convinced that you are ESFj? This would be a good thing for you and for us.

Sometimes we can be so convinced that we are something when we are something else.

ESFj is Fe dominant while ESTj is Te dominant. Despite all similarities viewed from the surface, they are very different at the essence.

When you are thinking of the best thing to do to say Thank you you are using Te, NOT Fe. When you decide to help by thinking of the most efficient way to help somebody, you are using Te and NOT Fe, especially if you are not thinking of the emotions this help will provide you.

I am afraid there are some confusions in your head, so please open a new thread.
__________________
"To live happy, live hidden."
β ST, E6 autopreservation.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02/04/2008, 10:58 AM
cracka's Avatar
cracka cracka is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 47
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
Crack can you open please a new thread telling us more what is making you convinced that you are ESFj? This would be a good thing for you and for us.

Sometimes we can be so convinced that we are something when we are something else.

ESFj is Fe dominant while ESTj is Te dominant. Despite all similarities viewed from the surface, they are very different at the essence.

When you are thinking of the best thing to do to say Thank you you are using Te, NOT Fe. When you decide to help by thinking of the most efficient way to help somebody, you are using Te and NOT Fe, especially if you are not thinking of the emotions this help will provide you.

I am afraid there are some confusions in your head, so please open a new thread.
No. Not good for you, or me. I know my type, and it's been confirmed by a considerable amount of other people. My type is not up for debate. The fact that you won't take my own opinion and that of others I've conversed with on multiple occasions tells me that you won't listen to anything that I'd really put up for discussion with an open mind. If you really think I'm still ESTJ (which was my own typing based on MBTI and I knew, and still know nothing of socionics), feel free to keep thinking that and know that you know absolutely nothing about me. I have met, conversed, chit ****ing chatted, and spoke of myself in significant detail to others who know something about socionics and all have said, "yep, you're definitely non estj, and seem very much ESFJ to me. Now, this wouldn't be much if it hadn't happened on more than 4 or 5 occasions. but the fact that multiple people have said, yep... esfj is right... is ok with me.

The fact that I have posted less than 50 posts here and almost 3300 on another forum where estj just didn't fit makes a good amount of sense. If you think about typing me on the posts I've made here then you're just ****ing retarded in every sense of the word.

SG, what type do you think I am? If you say ESTJ, then I wouldn't mind an explanation as to why. If another type, feel free to give reasons for that too.

I came to this forum after taking an mbti test and saying I was estj for a long time. Since then, over 2 years later... I'm pretty sure that my initial typing was considerably wrong. If in some way or another you really feel that I'm not ESFJ, by all means, plead your case here. This thread is only a few replies long so there's no need to make another thread. Shit, you'll be lucky if I even reply again after the asshole type replies that you guys just put up.

For the record, anyone who's talked to me in chat, IM, or PM on any forum is very convinced that I'm Fe or Si dominant. Even I don't really know what that means in the grand scheme of things, but again, you guys know nothing about me other than the few posts I made where I said I was ESTJ.

The good part of having a somewhat open mind in this type of situation is knowing that I typed myself wrong in the first place, why you'd take my initial typing as "correct" is beyond me. Feel free to tell me what type I am now.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02/04/2008, 12:08 PM
SG's Avatar
SG SG is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,521
Default

I remember you were saying the same about being an ESTj like you've read about everything there was to read and it fitted you to a T, and now something else fits you to a T. Do I really have to believe what you say now? I've seen your photo and it's good enough for me to doubt you are an ESFj. The fact that you've been brainwashed on 16 types is hardly surprising, but I won't allow to bring that insanity in here. So no, don't make another thread about your type, instead make one on 16 types about how Ganin was being a Nazi again, I'm sure this will go hurray with the rest of your delusional friends.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02/04/2008, 12:22 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
I remember you were saying the same about being an ESTj like you've read about everything there was to read and it fitted you to a T, and now something else fits you to a T. Do I really have to believe what you say now? I've seen your photo and it's good enough for me to doubt you are an ESFj. The fact that you've been brainwashed on 16 types is hardly surprising, but I won't allow to bring that insanity in here. So no, don't make another thread about your type, instead make one on 16 types about how Ganin was being a Nazi again, I'm sure this will go hurray with the rest of your delusional friends.
Yes. I have spent a little time now on the 16types, and it is clear that, for the most part, many people have some strange ideas about typings, and a misenterpration of the functions.

So far on the 16types, i have been given ISFp, ISTj, ISTp, ENFp, ENFj, INTp.

There seems to be an overall emphasis on typing only via functions. The issue with this is that the people doing this have a misenterpretation of what functions & IE really are, and how they apply to situations and the meanings of sentences being incorrectly given an information aspect assignment, leading to a functional 'mis-alignment'. For instance, if someone is in a bad mood that means they have Se in their ego block, (they've got to be ESTp or something!) or for instance the following sentence But just briefly, if I have Fe, I should also have a pretty good understanding of Fi is supposed to be a Ti sentence. Why? We do not know the thought processes involved to produce such a statment, it could come from any of the information elements. Surely we would need to know whats going on in someones head to reach a conclusion before we call it any of the aspects. To say this, then imply its Ti thinking, is misleading and quite possibly incorrect, I would think.

I just thought i'd put some information forward to keep things balanced in regards to Crackas comments of the 16types.

EDIT: I am quoting a direct sentence here, and at the same time I would be interested to hear you guys thoughts about this, in order to discuss? Cheers

Last edited by Cyclops; 02/04/2008 at 12:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02/04/2008, 01:14 PM
complicater-complexer's Avatar
complicater-complexer complicater-complexer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracka View Post
No. Not good for you, or me. I know my type, and it's been confirmed by a considerable amount of other people. My type is not up for debate. The fact that you won't take my own opinion and that of others I've conversed with on multiple occasions tells me that you won't listen to anything that I'd really put up for discussion with an open mind. If you really think I'm still ESTJ (which was my own typing based on MBTI and I knew, and still know nothing of socionics), feel free to keep thinking that and know that you know absolutely nothing about me. I have met, conversed, chit ****ing chatted, and spoke of myself in significant detail to others who know something about socionics and all have said, "yep, you're definitely non estj, and seem very much ESFJ to me. Now, this wouldn't be much if it hadn't happened on more than 4 or 5 occasions. but the fact that multiple people have said, yep... esfj is right... is ok with me.

The fact that I have posted less than 50 posts here and almost 3300 on another forum where estj just didn't fit makes a good amount of sense. If you think about typing me on the posts I've made here then you're just ****ing retarded in every sense of the word.

SG, what type do you think I am? If you say ESTJ, then I wouldn't mind an explanation as to why. If another type, feel free to give reasons for that too.

I came to this forum after taking an mbti test and saying I was estj for a long time. Since then, over 2 years later... I'm pretty sure that my initial typing was considerably wrong. If in some way or another you really feel that I'm not ESFJ, by all means, plead your case here. This thread is only a few replies long so there's no need to make another thread. Shit, you'll be lucky if I even reply again after the asshole type replies that you guys just put up.

For the record, anyone who's talked to me in chat, IM, or PM on any forum is very convinced that I'm Fe or Si dominant. Even I don't really know what that means in the grand scheme of things, but again, you guys know nothing about me other than the few posts I made where I said I was ESTJ.

The good part of having a somewhat open mind in this type of situation is knowing that I typed myself wrong in the first place, why you'd take my initial typing as "correct" is beyond me. Feel free to tell me what type I am now.
First of all, your over-violent reaction which is like burning a whole building to protect oneself from cold or using a hammer to cut a carrot, or using an atomic bomb to kill somebody, makes me open to the possibility that your unconscious is trying to hide something. It seems to me that you don't want to be an ESTj. Now sure you will refute this statement because you are not conscious of that fact.

You know before I discovered that I am some XSTp type what I said? I donot care what my type turns out be, I JUST WANNA KNOW IT.

Second of all, who are these people? They are just people, masses, NOTHINGS. NOT experts in socionics. Even if they were practitioners I would have wanted to know which practitioners they are.

Everybody sees that it is the sun that is turning around the earth, does it mean that it is the case? You're really limited minded.

You don't want to discuss your type, dont act, you will then be the loser.
__________________
"To live happy, live hidden."
β ST, E6 autopreservation.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02/04/2008, 05:08 PM
cracka's Avatar
cracka cracka is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 47
Default

lol, I can't believe I posted such a long post as plastered as I was last night. Oops.

As for my type... whatever guys. I really don't care, and you shouldn't either.

I do however, apologize for coming off as such a dick... I just kinda blew up when I read that post last night and thought, wtf.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02/04/2008, 05:57 PM
karen karen is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 13
Default ESFJ Reply

Tron, to answer your question, I have listed the characteristics I identify with as a fairly confident ESFj. Due to the effects of translation, I guess, I was not able to fully understand the meaning of some of them. These, I have ignored.

Activity, cheerfulness, laughter, experience, merriment, celebratory meal, children, family, the optimism. To associate, to talk, to laugh, tasteful to eat, to feed friends and close ones, to be glad at the life. Journeys, holidays, to organize merriment, cordiality, care, obtrusiveness. To entertain, to give gifts, to make pleasant to people, to be met with the clever interesting people, to expend money, “to pull at” the taciturn people. emotionalism, always speaks that thinks. all to entertain. Beauty, cleanliness, order, the material prosperity. I love validity, love, when everything on the honest and equally. Resoluteness and initiative, the skill to defend its interests; the ability to rapidly make the decisions. To take initiative, to appear persistence, exactingness, imperiousness. To impose its opinion and views on the problem, time Unhealthy perception of the criticism. It loves to associate with the people, loves the animals. I do not love to seem weak;

So, after the positive, are you going to ask about the negative??
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02/04/2008, 10:58 PM
Tron Tron is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 82
Default

Cracka, I think Karen answered what I was looking for. Thanks Karen (and Cracka). Yes Karen, it would be nice to know about negative traits as well but I don't have descriptions for those. Could you help?

Karen, I understand the poor English translation is not your fault, but I was hoping you could briefly explain/clarify/put the words and phrases you have selected into plain English, so that I can understand exactly what you mean. Many thanks.

Last edited by Tron; 02/04/2008 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02/04/2008, 11:00 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

I've always struggled with positive and negative descriptions of myself. I think its because what one can see as a weakness, another can see as a strength, and vica verca. Or maybe its because as an ISTp we've got too many weaknesses.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08/04/2008, 06:04 PM
hkkmr's Avatar
hkkmr hkkmr is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
I remember you were saying the same about being an ESTj like you've read about everything there was to read and it fitted you to a T, and now something else fits you to a T. Do I really have to believe what you say now? I've seen your photo and it's good enough for me to doubt you are an ESFj. The fact that you've been brainwashed on 16 types is hardly surprising, but I won't allow to bring that insanity in here. So no, don't make another thread about your type, instead make one on 16 types about how Ganin was being a Nazi again, I'm sure this will go hurray with the rest of your delusional friends.
Oh I missed this one... so what happened in the past anyways. What's with the animosity and how did it get so divisive.

As for any kind of good info on 16 types, it's like a needle(more doesn't even exist) in a haystack. But sometimes you organize your thoughts when you explain things to people and that is a good exercise even if it's rather frustrating ones. And even if you explain things wrong, which I often do, it can be rewarding insight.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08/04/2008, 06:29 PM
SG's Avatar
SG SG is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,521
Default

That happened before you joined I think... http://socionics.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1832
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08/04/2008, 10:40 PM
cracka's Avatar
cracka cracka is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
That happened before you joined I think... http://socionics.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1832
For the record though, what type do you think I am?

I came to the conclusion of ESFJ after talking with a handful of people in pm, on the phone, and over the forums. Remember, my self typing was ESTJ based solely off of MBTI and what I'd read here and other forums.
I have never said anything bad about this forum and I'm not one to start talking shit about The16T over here. It's well known that i know nothing about socionics and I'll be the first to say it. If you actually go in and read all the stuff that I wrote in that post about ESTJ in the thread you posted above... take out all the parts where I was saying "ESTJ this and that" and you can maybe even see that all the same traits could easily be traits for an ESFJ as well, especially since they were as general as they are. Again, I can just say stuff about myself, if you'd rather give me your synopsis on it then feel free to type me and let me know... to just point out that I'm full of shit is what put me in a very negative state the night that i read your post and the other one from CC and went crazy on. Also, for anyone who didn't read it earlier, I was considerably shitfaced that night... so that's where the overly negative response came from...lol.

I don't know where your animosity toward me came from or if it's just the fact that I post on "the other forum" a lot and you just don't like that? Because I don't know socionics I've never joined in on the SG is a Nazi shit... again though, I'm guessing like everyone else... you just lump everyone into the same pot and just don't like all of them maybe? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think you ever told me what type I could be in your own opinion, but you took my self typing for good enough. Now I'm actually asking so feel free to type me if you'd like. I can pm you any type of info you want if that would make it easier, and fee free to let me know where the animosity and negativity on your part came from so we can work that out if there's a need to.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11/04/2008, 11:49 PM
Tron Tron is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 82
Default

"Karen, I understand the poor English translation is not your fault, but I was hoping you could briefly explain/clarify/put the words and phrases you have selected into plain English, so that I can understand exactly what you mean. Many thanks."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2007 SOCIONICS.COM