Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 30/05/2008, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandapanda View Post
To be honest, I don't really care if people have 'bad' English, unless I'm teaching them. I'm planning to teach adult literacy, hopefully in prisons. I make mistakes on the internet, like everyone does - except the Ultimate Grammar Nazi (who is probably an INTp, although I've never met one before who was good at English).
Have you ever heard the expression 'that's like the pot calling the kettle black?' It means you accuse someone of something you do also.
I wasnt talkin 2 u hun. I was talkin 2 cyclops who had gotten all pessimistic on me and accusing me of things he didn't back up.....when you get into a confrontation the language is critical if you're to find a solution (theres no doubt about that)......otherwise it all dont matter to me...i dont go out like a nazi lookin for it so you have to take it in propper context......sorry if i offended u in any way.

'n no i havnt heard that saying out here unfortunately, would love to make conversation with u otherwise

Quote:
It means you accuse someone of something you do also.
don't we all to some extent.?

Last edited by kensi; 30/05/2008 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 30/05/2008, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
I wasnt talkin 2 u hun. I was talkin 2 cyclops who had gotten all pessimistic on me and accusing me of things he didn't back up.....when you get into a confrontation the language is critical if you're to find a solution (theres no doubt about that)......otherwise it all dont matter to me...i dont go out like a nazi lookin for it so you have to take it in propper context......sorry if i offended u in any way.
Of course you didn't offend me. I was worried I'd offend you with my 'pot, kettle' comment. I know you're not a grammar Nazi, I just found it funny that you called Cyclops's English bad when you use txt spk. No offence, but you do. I have no problem with you using txt spk, but if you make fun of someone's English, it will amuse me. I wasn't too bothered about the dispute with you and Cyclops, I was just making one of those off-the-cuff comments that my type tends to make, and then later feels guilty about.

Maybe you are an ENFp after all. One of our favourite phrases is 'sorry if I offended you in any way'.

As for Cyclops, he's an ISTp. You should know they say stuff like that and don't mean it personally - though I can see why you'd take it that way.

Quote:
Yep. I don't claim to be free of hypocrisy.
Old 30/05/2008, 02:09 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
I don't know where to begin here. Where do I start? If this is duality it's probably an unpleasant thing., Which is strange. Hmm.. Maybe you are an ENFp with a massive Ne sub type, but to be honest, you cause a disturbance in my Si, which is perhaps something which could be rectified IRL. However, I can tell you are antagonistic, because you still persist despite us discussing this. However, it does seem you value Fe, because only an Fe would attempt to try to create an external emotional response. I believe you do not understand Si correctly, and I believe, from what you've demonstrated, that you don't really value Te or Fi (note how you gravitate towards the Ti members of this forum, yet my Te falls on deaf ears) I also believe you don't really understand socionics, this is backed up by comments like 'I am an ENFp and an ENTp', yet you do not really show NeTi or NeFi as a club block, which is also interesting. Although if I were to choose from the two, you seem to show more NT than NF

It's certainly true that you demand Fe from me, and that you gravitate towards the Ti on this forum, so far.

In regards to explaining things, you do not listen. Hmm, maybe it's because you have little experience with ISTp's (if you are ENFp) but nonetheless..

Well, it is only a forum, but yet you seem to look for more again from people. None of this probably makes sense to you, which is even more interesting.
Quote:
ENFp's and pervs
Old 30/05/2008, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

ENFp's and pervs
I am not amused.

...yes I am.
Old 30/05/2008, 02:27 AM

Cool

Quote:
grammar Nazi, txt spk.

Maybe you are an ENFp after all.

As for Cyclops, he's an ISTp. You should know they say stuff like that and don't mean it personally - though I can see why you'd take it that way.

I'm only on here for fun, and maybe for somebody to teach me something really significant. I'm not here to argue. Obviously certain tempermental differences do get in the way n it happens. I'm not pessimistic, i try to stay posative ...but its not only up to me. Anyways i feel better now that u got that off your shoulders---thats a saying lol

Obviously if all three of us here are deltas (ENFp and ISTp) and arguing there's something's wrong....we'll have to wait n c to test the theory.

As for him being an ISTp though i don't know, i havnt done my own analysis. I know that there are a couple of different looks to the ISTp even on the socionics site which is a pretty good indicator. Personally i find that about in half of these relationships to the ISTp i get along great (as per profile) while in others its almost as if there is a bit of a superego struggle. If u remember that comment about my dad being ESTj and transposing intertype by way of contrast to give him an ISTj ....keeps the system integrity.... then you apply the same here and the transposed indicator for cyclops would be ESTp (the superego of the ENFp) this would be one quick explanation.

as 4 the nazi comment... is it the black shirt in the pic???lol

what is this txt spk, though?
Old 30/05/2008, 02:42 AM

Quote:

what is this txt spk, though?
its lyk dis, dnt u kno?

Quote:
antagonistic...etc

ENFp's and pervs
in light of your last comment i can say some negative things but i wont i wanna focus on the posative only.

As for the theory of me being an ENTp like you said.... is a reasonable choice but i can't go there because i don't seem to have high regard for all the other members of that quadra and all my intertype associations would be completely thrown off. Every new choice in identity and intertype has major consequences.

also..........so u know The biggest problem i've noticed with Si doninant types (relationally) is that they are somewhat bean counters.....they don't see the whole forrest before focusing in on a tree , .....they focus in on a tree first n then go out looking for the forrest.

also i've noticed your "gotcha " comments....this is a sign of one upsmanship which is a Ti auxiliary phenomena.......maybe ur ESTp

just a suggestion pal .......maybe u otta send me a pic if ur handy at all that computer stuff.....also curious how old u r ?
Gone on holiday...

Kensi, this is honestly where I struggle, because of my really weak Fe, i think i'm unable to properly put myself across to you. (Although I do note that kanerou understands me, as does panda onetwo , and others among the forum.)

Your idea of transposing ESTj to ISTj and ISTp to ESTp doesn't work. Why do you do it? Do you realise that the *absolute* basis of socionics is the intertype relations?

The creator of socionics was driven by an internal desire to understand relations because of her failed marriage, did you know this? This is why she built intertype relations as a corner stone.

In regards to an ISTp being an ESTp, not only does it not fit into the actual socionic basis, but it does not work functionally. And on top of that, it doesn't work in terms of temperaments. Do you know about temperaments? An Ip temparement which I have, is a million miles away from an Ep temparement. For one to change ones metabolism in such a way, probably involves an illness of some sorts. You don't even have to use socionics to see the difference in the two groups.
Old 30/05/2008, 02:49 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
its lyk dis, dnt u kno?
thats just a fancy way to talk on the net (oops is net allowed) i c nothing wrong with it as long as u talk the same language.............it's the sentences in which i cant figure out where who or what the subject is cuz of overused gerungs and infinitives n stuff like that which were driving me nuts ...in light of the fact that we r all trying to discuss some complex material.

i know lol the last thing you probably wanna talk about is your work...english/teaching ...oops
Old 30/05/2008, 02:51 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
in light of your last comment i can say some negative things but i wont i wanna focus on the posative only.

As for the theory of me being an ENTp like you said.... is a reasonable choice but i can't go there because i don't seem to have high regard for all the other members of that quadra and all my intertype associations would be completely thrown off. Every new choice in identity and intertype has major consequences.

also..........so u know The biggest problem i've noticed with Si doninant types (relationally) is that they are somewhat bean counters.....they don't see the whole forrest before focusing in on a tree , .....they focus in on a tree first n then go out looking for the forrest.

also i've noticed your "gotcha " comments....this is a sign of one upsmanship which is a Ti auxiliary phenomena.......maybe ur ESTp

just a suggestion pal .......maybe u otta send me a pic if ur handy at all that computer stuff.....also curious how old u r ?
Also what you say here, yes the forest thing can actually apply to all S types, but how you put it, is actually more towards an ISTj than ISTp. You actually seem to be discussing this part from a MBTT POV.

Also, my saying 'gotcha' is actually very genuine. When I said this I did honestly mean I understood and I was also trying to reach out to form an Fi connection. Fact that you read something else into it shows that a quadra (as your so fond of saying ) outwith what i'm trying to demonstrate.. I'm trying to establish Fi with you, but you see it more as, I dunno, Se Fe or something?
Old 30/05/2008, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Also what you say here, yes the forest thing can actually apply to all S types, but how you put it, is actually more towards an ISTj than ISTp.
I was going to say the same thing: bean counting and the "forest thing" are definitely more TiSe.

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 30/05/2008, 03:01 AM

Quote:
put myself across to you.
(Your idea of transposing ESTj to ISTj and ISTp to ESTp doesn't work.In regards to an ISTp being an ESTp, not only does it not fit into the actual socionic basis, but it does not work functionally.

How old r u?
how long have you been doing this socionics thing?
If you tell me it doesn't work why don't you explain yourself ?( i don't find that acceptable ---you shouldn't be on this forum )( in other words keep quiet till you come up with an explanation like everybody else on this site)?

Old 30/05/2008, 03:04 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
I was going to say the same thing: bean counting and the "forest thing" are definitely more TiSe.
Yes RSV3P, and what is interesting, is that he associates this sort of behaviour with Si dominants. This shows that he is mixing is ISTp's with his ISTj's, so maybe he actually relates to ISTj's and not ISTp's, which I guess would actually make sense, esp in view of him showing more Fe to me, and even maybe valueing Se, and also relating more to your Ti than my ISTp type of logic, so far. Interesting stuff all this I guess
Old 30/05/2008, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Also what you say here, yes the forest thing can actually apply to all S types, but how you put it, is actually more towards an ISTj than ISTp. ?
BIG QUestion:

an mbti type profile of ISTJ= a Socionics type profile of ISTp.......true or false?
Answer the question!
if we get to the bottom of this this tree/forrest/bean-counting problem will be solved!
Old 30/05/2008, 03:11 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
How old r u?
how long have you been doing this socionics thing?
If you tell me it doesn't work why don't you explain yourself ?( i don't find that acceptable ---you shouldn't be on this forum )( in other words keep quiet till you come up with an explanation like everybody else on this site)?

But the thing is kensi, I explained why it (IST - EST etc) wouldn't work, more or less by the basis of Ashura the creator of socionics, and how the intertype is pretty much the backbone of socionics. This information I gave was probably Te, which you do not value, showing of course by you asking your question(s).

In regards to your other questions, there are simply status valueing questions, we already know you have practiced "socionics" for 5 years or so, and this and that. This status thing could yet again, be attributed to Se. Such questions shouldn't really matter to 'delta' or 'alpha' as much as they do to you.
Old 30/05/2008, 03:11 AM

Well I have Fi as my role function, which I think has allowed me to stay mostly neutral in all this. So... are we trying to determine Kensi's type now?

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 30/05/2008, 03:17 AM

Quote:
BIG QUestion:

an mbti type profile of ISTJ= a Socionics type profile of ISTp.......true or false?
Answer the question!
if we get to the bottom of this this tree/forrest/bean-counting problem will be solved!
just answer the question !
Old 30/05/2008, 03:21 AM

MBTI ISTj = socionics ISTx

Old 30/05/2008, 03:27 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
just answer the question !
I did not see the question, but yet again it is interesting you make such a demand of me

The answer to your question is that sometimes ISTP = ISTj but you will find more commonly that ISTP=ISTp

There are no real peripheral hard and fast rules, in regards to saying P=j for introverts.

And of course you shouldn't use this as a diversionary
Old 30/05/2008, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
Well I have Fi as my role function, which I think has allowed me to stay mostly neutral in all this. So... are we trying to determine Kensi's type now?
I don't think he's an ENFp. I think he's some type with Fe as the dominant function. ENFj or ESFj...maybe not. What do you think?