Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #81  
Old 06/10/2009, 06:58 AM
king king is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashingDiamond View Post
Mhm, but only if the shoe is cute! Did you see any of the videos I posted?
good point. I didn't see any video's, where are they?
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 06/10/2009, 07:28 AM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,371
Default

In various posts throughout the thread.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 06/10/2009, 09:32 AM
king king is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
In various posts throughout the thread.
Thanks found them - they were on tiny little links, which is why my blantant skim reading missed tham.

About IEI...I'm not too sure

There was alot of intersting stuff on the video's two things I noticed in particular.

1. Your favourite quote, "when injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty" - I hope that was reasonably accurate - This seemed quite telling to me, I'd be inclined to say that it seemed fairly IEI'sh, but wouldn't want to necessarily read to much into it. I think that perhaps your explanation of why you liked it was perhaps more informative than the quote itself. You explained your ideals very clearly, as opposed to your explanation for the lottery prediction or toilet paper installation, which was done with far less confidence. I'd say perhaps that the tone of your voice and the emphasis you placed on your ideals showed both your confidence in this area and your commitment to them.

2. I'm specualting here, but the way that you answered the questions, also seemed socionically introverted to me. In the sense that people were taking the initiative in asking you questions and the way that you seemed very comfortable and natural answering them, perhaps as if this is how you are most comfortable interacting with people in real life?

From the video's I'd say socially outgoing IEI sounds like a good typing, provisionally at least. Just to let you know I am not someone who types people definitively, as I've mentioned I'm kind of just speculating.

Last edited by king; 06/10/2009 at 09:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 06/10/2009, 10:36 AM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashingDiamond View Post
Haha! Alright, I understand.. Yeah, I'm not on drugs. Not illegal drugs, anyways. I do take a medication that could alter my personality a little maybe, but not much.
I sometimes think I could be doing with that.
Quote:
Can you explain what 'subjective concious base preference' means? Can you also describe the difference between an IP temperament and an EP temperament? (Anyone can take this question. )
Well, the first part of what I said was really when I look back at it just a piece of linguistic garnish, I suppose on forums there's times when it seems one has to be careful in what they say incase someone else looks to pop up and poke holes in the post! , so sometimes I do and sometimes I don't use such phrases, anyway i'm not sure if it is an actual socionic phrase or one of my inventions, lol. All I'm saying with 'subjective concious base preference' is that I don't think you have an introverted dominant function, see thing is that say for instance you are Ne dominant, Ne is part of the whole dichotomy N as a whole, so out of N you have Ne and Ni, if you are "Ne dominant" then it basically means that out of the Ne and Ni that you have, Ne is the one thats expressed more, and the Ni part is strong but most of the time is sub-concious. Introverted functions (like Ni, Si, Ti, Fi) are "subjective" in a sense, and the other ones are objective in a sense, sort of like what Ashura said:

Quote:
Augusta emphasizes the importance of understanding the role of fields. [*NOTE: Her use of the word feeling is not to be confused with ethics, or 'feeling' as a psychic function]
... A person's feelings — the subject of psychology — are nothing other than a manifestation of this same field. Half of humanity — all introverts — are oriented in reality not towards objects, but towards their feelings — their relation to objects.
So socionic extraverted can in a sense be said to be that which relates to the objective outside world, and socionic introverted can be said to be that which is the internal self subjectively interpreting the outside world, hence it's based on their own "feelings" for introvert. This is basically a simplified explanation but it's sort of capturing the essense in a way.

Now, because we have are our dominant dichotomy - Xi and Xe, an extraverted person can still become introverted at times, because although a person has a preference to express one of the functions overall ie Ne they still have Ni present also. Not only that but the creative function can be extraverted and introverted also.

So you see, you can have a quiet extravert or a loud introvert, it's based on the overall method of interpreting the world.

HOWEVER, overall behaviours can and should be observed in a person to see this manifest in real life, not only can you read into a person actions and seeming thought processes to see if they are a natural socionic extravert, but typically socionic extraverts do have more energy and get involved more in life simply because their dominant preference is towards objective reality.

------------------

In regards to temperaments, it's pretty much a continuation of the above, as in how the dominant concious function manifests, ie Ne is a perceiving function so it's based on "external" things but it is also a perceiving function so a person with this can have fluctuating energy levels and such. Te for instance is "external" based and judging so it tends to be extraverted with a more standard energy level.

You can read up about how the manifestations of temperaments appear in wikisocion, but based on the above it's pretty easy imo to work out how the people behave with it.

Quote:
Yes I definitely have changing energy levels. I go from lethargic to ecstatic quite a bit, but the changing process is subtle, not sudden and sporatic. I think it depends on my environment. Infact, it depends on my environment almost completely (Who I am with, where I am, how I feel, etc.)
Well this fits in quite well with a P temperament, it fits in even better with an EP temperament because due to their extraverted nature their energy levels will fluctuate much more than an IP temperament.

Quote:
Well, if I failed an exam I would be upset, but I'd just try harder to do better next time. I'd figure out what I did wrong and make sure I don't do it again, unless it is something I REALLY don't care about. I'd look for the oppertunities.
OK, purpose of this was to try and find out if you were Ne first function, because typically Ne dominants tend to move on quickly and easily see other potentials and ideas. Maybe school is not the best example as exams can maybe be seen as more serious than for instance a job - we can always get another job but without the qualifications from school our other jobs might be limited.

So in regards to your type, much that I think you VI like an ENXp, I would say that I see the following types likely for you in this order: ENFp, ENTp and a somewhat distant 3rd is ESFp.

This is based on your temperament, how you look, what you say about yourself and your test results, which really is all we can go on to look at it fairly.

I don't think you look like an ESFp but I would consider it anyway fwiw.

So after looking at those three types, if you still think you are ENFp, then why not? If it works for you then tis good. Plenty people here overanalyse things but when it comes to actual typing, as you can see from the responses on this thread, peoples actual opinions appear all over the place! I like to analyse things myself because it's a sort of curiously enjoyable mental exercise and it does reveal some insights into how people work, but at the end of the day when typing actual people we've got to be realistic, ie imo, saying that you might be an extraverted introvert is certainly possible, but is it really likely? I say highly unlikely and just leads people to more confusion, sort of like one of the links in my signature - too much information can be just as confusing as too little!!!

Anyway I don't think an introvert even in the socionic sense would be as comfortable with posting so many pictures of themselves, all their friends and videos as you are, if they exist I have to say i've found them to be by far in the minority.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 06/10/2009, 10:41 AM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Anyway for some reason this post hasn't automerged, so i'm having to include it here when I was going to edit it to insert it towards the end of the previous post instead of at the end. If you don't mind I thought i'd include a short dialogue between ourselves on chatbox yesterday:

CD: I'm super tired right now
Cy: you should get some rest
CD: I should
CD: I'mma go shopping though
CD: Haha. I go even when I don't have energy.. I just like getting out. I'd much rather go somewhere then sleep, lol

I'd like to hear about introverts who even when they're tired think that not stopping and not engaging with the world is the best way to energise them.

Last edited by Cyclops; 06/10/2009 at 10:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 06/10/2009, 05:40 PM
CrashingDiamond CrashingDiamond is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Anyway for some reason this post hasn't automerged, so i'm having to include it here when I was going to edit it to insert it towards the end of the previous post instead of at the end. If you don't mind I thought i'd include a short dialogue between ourselves on chatbox yesterday:

CD: I'm super tired right now
Cy: you should get some rest
CD: I should
CD: I'mma go shopping though
CD: Haha. I go even when I don't have energy.. I just like getting out. I'd much rather go somewhere then sleep, lol

I'd like to hear about introverts who even when they're tired think that not stopping and not engaging with the world is the best way to energise them.
Haha! Wooow I have so much to respond to... But the funny thing is, is before I got to the stores, I was very zombie-like. When I was done shopping, I felt really good and I had a lot of energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king View Post
Thanks found them - they were on tiny little links, which is why my blantant skim reading missed tham.

About IEI...I'm not too sure

There was alot of intersting stuff on the video's two things I noticed in particular.

1. Your favourite quote, "when injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty" - I hope that was reasonably accurate - This seemed quite telling to me, I'd be inclined to say that it seemed fairly IEI'sh, but wouldn't want to necessarily read to much into it. I think that perhaps your explanation of why you liked it was perhaps more informative than the quote itself. You explained your ideals very clearly, as opposed to your explanation for the lottery prediction or toilet paper installation, which was done with far less confidence. I'd say perhaps that the tone of your voice and the emphasis you placed on your ideals showed both your confidence in this area and your commitment to them.

2. I'm specualting here, but the way that you answered the questions, also seemed socionically introverted to me. In the sense that people were taking the initiative in asking you questions and the way that you seemed very comfortable and natural answering them, perhaps as if this is how you are most comfortable interacting with people in real life?

From the video's I'd say socially outgoing IEI sounds like a good typing, provisionally at least. Just to let you know I am not someone who types people definitively, as I've mentioned I'm kind of just speculating.
Haha, I agree with all that you said in #1 & #2. I think the reason I was much more confident when I talked about my favorite quote was that I KNEW why. But as for responding about the inquiries of the way I put my toilet paper and the lottery prediction? Well, those took much more thought. I hadn't thought about how I would answer either of those questions until I started filming the video. But, even if I had time to think, I still would have answered them exactly that way, haha.
Yeah, intoversion is a possibility now that I think about what you've said in #2. I like it when people talk to me, ask ME questions, and initiate. When I am in a position that I have to do all the talking (because perhaps the other people doesn't like to initiate very much either) I get uncomfortable after a while and start wishing they would talk. That was a problem with my ex boyfriend and I. I would talk and talk and talk but he never talked back, and in a moment of silence I was always the one to bring something up to start conversation. I'm not very good at it though, so most of our conversations were very short lived. I like people who take the initiative, I do. It is much easier for me to conversate with someone who doesn't seem to stop talking rather than someone who barely talks. Or maybe, another possibility is too, is that I just really DO NOT like recieving no feedback. I will initiate if I know the person will initiate right back, you know? Wooow I've written a lot.

<- My friend Adrian just told me to put that because she loves it.

Wow, Cyclops, you've written quite a bit. I really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
OK, purpose of this was to try and find out if you were Ne first function, because typically Ne dominants tend to move on quickly and easily see other potentials and ideas. Maybe school is not the best example as exams can maybe be seen as more serious than for instance a job - we can always get another job but without the qualifications from school our other jobs might be limited.

So in regards to your type, much that I think you VI like an ENXp, I would say that I see the following types likely for you in this order: ENFp, ENTp and a somewhat distant 3rd is ESFp.

This is based on your temperament, how you look, what you say about yourself and your test results, which really is all we can go on to look at it fairly.

I don't think you look like an ESFp but I would consider it anyway fwiw.
Some people have said I could possibly be a thinker. I've never really considered it because emotions influence me so greatly. But, maybe it is a slight possibility. Actually, now that I read the description of an ENTP, it could very well fit me as ENFP or INFP would. Infact, it fits me quite well.. But, I think I'm definitely more of a feeler. I'm constantly going 'Oh, I feel so bad' or, 'Oh, that makes me feel _____'
The bell is going to ring soon, I'll finish this later.
I do not think ESFP is a possbility, just to add quick. I pay little attention to my senses unless it's hard not to. Like, something smells super good, or there is something reaaaally soft, or someone is wearing an insanely bright shirt, haha.. Unless, I'm getting 'sensing' all wrong? I also know that I DO NOT live in the here and now. I live in the past and the future. I cried last night about something that happened almost a month ago.
__________________
(‿‿) - Fwee!

Last edited by CrashingDiamond; 06/10/2009 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 07/10/2009, 10:30 AM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashingDiamond View Post
Haha! Wooow I have so much to respond to... But the funny thing is, is before I got to the stores, I was very zombie-like. When I was done shopping, I felt really good and I had a lot of energy.
EP temperament ftw? ;0


Quote:
<- My friend Adrian just told me to put that because she loves it.
Types may not be cut from cookies but sure can make cookie cutter functions :-D (reminds me of other thread where some forum member wants our cookies, if only there were enough to go round, sorry, I have to eat these 500 cookies myself).



Quote:
Some people have said I could possibly be a thinker. I've never really considered it because emotions influence me so greatly. But, maybe it is a slight possibility. Actually, now that I read the description of an ENTP, it could very well fit me as ENFP or INFP would. Infact, it fits me quite well.. But, I think I'm definitely more of a feeler. I'm constantly going 'Oh, I feel so bad' or, 'Oh, that makes me feel _____'
The bell is going to ring soon, I'll finish this later.
Yeah you sound like an F type
Quote:
I do not think ESFP is a possbility, just to add quick. I pay little attention to my senses unless it's hard not to.
I don't think so either, there's been some things i've noticed that point away from you having Se ego ime
Quote:
Like, something smells super good, or there is something reaaaally soft, or someone is wearing an insanely bright shirt, haha.. Unless, I'm getting 'sensing' all wrong?
No you've got it right, esp to me this sounds like an ENFp looking to describe her socionic introverted sensing! Pretty cool I think
Quote:
I also know that I DO NOT live in the here and now. I live in the past and the future. I cried last night about something that happened almost a month ago.
I can see this. The more you've spoke here the more I can see you being ENFp. You remind me of someone I know who's ENFp, also you remind me of someone who types themself as ENFp with an Fi subtype.

Dunno if it's worth looking into really, maybe as people with *strong* subtypes can have an impact on them, although i'm not sure if you have a strong subtype, anyway most important thing is to know your type, and the rest can make sense itself as for how you want to use it or something, lol. Seems you've done that now!

(I wanted to say that for me anyway, that noticing subtypes over the internet isn't always easy, so you may not be an Fi sub type, however I thought i'd post it incase you were interested to check, sub types may [or may not] be useful or interesting... depending)!

But maybe yes maybe not, but here's a link for descriptions of ENFp Ne sub type and ENFp Fi sub type:

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=IEE_subtypes
Quote:
Wow, Cyclops, you've written quite a bit. I really appreciate it.
You're welcome, it's been pleasant talking with you.

Last edited by Cyclops; 07/10/2009 at 10:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 08/10/2009, 05:52 AM
king king is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 336
Default

watched your video again. I'd agree with what Cyclops said.
I think also your description of your relationship between you and your ex points more towards you being EP.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 SOCIONICS.COM