Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 04/02/2006, 07:04 AM

Default Re: Type me, type me!

Quote:
Originally posted by SG:
Quote:
Originally posted by Nyx:
How does one detect Ne, out of curiosity? How is it different from Ni?
Anything with an "e" at the end tends to be simplified...don't want to use the word shallow...don't want to use the word shallow...ok, shallow in comparison with its "i" equivalent -> Ne, Te, Se, Fe.
Hah! I know what SG means ... he is saying that extroverts are shallow people who disrespect and cheat on their introverted 7th function.
Old 04/02/2006, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rmcnew:
Quote:
Originally posted by SG:
Quote:
Anything with an "e" at the end tends to be simplified...don't want to use the word shallow...don't want to use the word shallow...ok, shallow in comparison with its "i" equivalent -> Ne, Te, Se, Fe.
Hah! I know what SG means ... he is saying that extroverts are shallow people who disrespect and cheat on their introverted 7th function.
*le gasp* The scoundrels...
Old 04/02/2006, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Let me see if I understand the functions aright...does LII have introverted thinking and extroverted intuition? Or am I totally screwing it up?
Yes, INTj [LII] has Ti as a first function and Ne as a second.

But, I would not disregard ENTp [ILE] just yet!
Old 04/02/2006, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by SG:
Quote:
*le gasp* The scoundrels...
Yup, it is true though ... that is exactly what extroverts do!
Old 04/02/2006, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Let me see if I understand the functions aright...does LII have introverted thinking and extroverted intuition? Or am I totally screwing it up?

Then what are the differences between ILe and LII?
Old 04/02/2006, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Then what are the differences between ILe and LII?
Quote:
1st/2nd Functions:

INTj:Main emphasis is analyzing logic and continually directing to main point of logic. INTjs May manifest a quite noticable tendency to pick-a-part logical concepts and draw other peoples attention to the fact that they are doing so with whatever abstract details that can conjure up.

ENTp: Main emphasis is the active consideration of various abstract belief systems and analyzing the strength and weaknesses of those systems using analytical logic. ENTps may manifest a tendency to create origional solutions to logical problems and avoid using logical solutions that other have already invented. ENTps tend to not have a loyalty to belief systems that they have found to be inferior and accept new beliefs when found superior.

3rd/4th Functions:

INTj: Tends to appear reserved around people and may frown when other people approach them. Have problems feeling that they can love people and may not make many attempts to get to know others closer. INTjs also tend to be passive people and usually need to be pushed a little by someone else if they have to get anything done.

ENTp: Tends to get bored with people quickly that they understand. They may even be emotionally untactful and have problems understand how others feel about them. They often have problems with being too close or too far away emotionally. They do not do well under pressure and break down in in stressful situations.
Old 04/02/2006, 07:31 AM

So far INTJ is winning.
Old 04/02/2006, 07:42 AM

INTjs always win! Anyone for a chat?
Old 04/02/2006, 07:47 AM

Where?
Old 04/02/2006, 07:48 AM

Good one
Old 04/02/2006, 07:52 AM

! ?
Old 04/02/2006, 12:24 PM

Quote:
INTj -
- Super-Id block
- Fe (5th suggestive function)
- Si (6th Hidden Agenda)

People who have Fe as a 5th function and Si as a 6th functions will appear to others as though they are trying to be artsy people persons, but in reality they are probably just being perceived as indirect, passive, and really picky about their surroundings.

I had an INTj roommate in college that was very much like this, you could tell he liked certain atmospheres and was constantly trying to recreate a certain enviroment around him, but he would tolerate other atmospheres even though you could tell he did not really like most other unfamiliar atmospheres.

He was a good roommate though, I could not complain.
I freak out if anyone touches my things or moves them (no matter how superficially "messy" it looks to them and how much "cleaner" it is when they're through). I take it that's a symptom...
Old 08/03/2006, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by niveK:
The hidden agenda is a subconscious weak producing function. as an agenda tries to create health and comfort. It's not so much about being a health freak as it is about being comfortable with your physical state. I'm not exactly Captain Health myself, but I do need to keep myself comfortable. The hidden agenda is the most obvious when it's not fulfilled.
Dude, what made you to cross over and join INTp club? I've always thought you were an INTj judging by your posts, although I have to admit you look as either type on your picture.
Old 08/03/2006, 08:07 PM

I know Rick DeLong. Well, he is a nice guy and he knows stuff and he might actually be helpful, I somewhat secretly hope he will join this forum as well, could be interesting .

On the other hand, you've got this guy on that forum, gilligan87, and I have observed Rick's attempt to figure his type, it was worthwhile . The guy's type is quite obvious to me, but it is neither what Rick's came up with, but then again what do I know...(maybe I should have not said that, ahhh what the heck)
Old 08/03/2006, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SG:
I know Rick DeLong. Well, he is a nice guy and he knows stuff and he might actually be helpful, I somewhat secretly hope he will join this forum as well, could be interesting .

On the other hand, you've got this guy on that forum, gilligan87, and I have observed Rick's attempt to figure his type, it was worthwhile . The guy's type is quite obvious to me, but it is neither what Rick's came up with, but then again what do I know...(maybe I should have not said that, ahhh what the heck)
He seems to explore all possibilities and angles. I'm sorta curious as to what you believe the type is. And I can't help but wonder if that second paragraph isn't somewhat influenced by the intertype relationship.
Old 08/03/2006, 08:34 PM

Intertype relations rule the world...

Well, ok, I will tell you a secret. If you want to be able to type other people successfully, you can't be a nice guy. In fact the more you pissed off with the world the better you are at typing, because only this way you will be able to sense every single bump of incompatibility in the intertype relationship, which would give away other person's type. (INTp disclaimer: this is not a single factor defining abilities to type people, mmk?)

Shall we leave the guy's type a mystery for now?
Old 08/03/2006, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SG:
Intertype relations rule the world...

Well, ok, I will tell you a secret. If you want to be able to type other people successfully, you can't be a nice guy. In fact the more you pissed off with the world the better you are at typing, because only this way you will be able to sense every single bump of incompatibility in the intertype relationship, which would give away other person's type. (INTp disclaimer: this is not a single factor defining abilities to type people, mmk?)

Shall we leave the guy's type a mystery for now?
So am I to understand that you make much use intertype relations as a guide towards typing (not to say that it's the only tool you use)?
Old 08/03/2006, 10:04 PM

Oh yes, definitely, not the description of the intertype relations though but the real thing.
Old 09/03/2006, 01:04 AM

So what type am I? Would you PM me on the16type.info?

By the way, I'm doing your test right now, so we can use that as (hopefully) verification of your hypothesis.
Old 09/03/2006, 01:12 AM

Actually, you can just post it here if you don't feel like signing up.

Oh, and I made a mistake: the test I'm taking isn't yours.