Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #141  
Old 05/06/2008, 12:59 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
A lot of bullshit and very little evidence.
What exactly?
Quote:
Where does IntjWurm say that he identifies with INTp?
On kensi's type thread.
Quote:
It is not a theory that I have. It is the plain and indisputable truth. It's just a fact.
Ok, so what has gone wrong is what I'm wondering.
Quote:
You cannot test and identify with INTJ if you are an INTp -- unless you are severely deluded. Where are the facts? Where is your evidence for the claim that IntjWurm is now an INTp?
What sort of evidence do you need? He identifies with INTp, he posts like INTp, SG already said he looks kinda INTp in his picture.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 05/06/2008, 03:53 PM
shadowpuppet's Avatar
shadowpuppet shadowpuppet is offline
the Omniscient
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
intjwurm, was it good to have everyone talking about you?
Yes it was. I learned a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
@ IntjWurm:
By natural born temperament, when you can choose freely and are not tied by external obligations, you are more of an early bird than a night owl, are you not, IntjWurm?
I have more physical energy early in the morning but I am more psychologically settled late at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
No no no: INTJ --> INTx. And intjwurm has concluded he is an INTp and has changed his user name to shadowpuppet.
I test 100% for I, N, and T, but only 66% for J (in MBTT). I obviously have characteristics of both, and can even come off as one or the other in different contexts (I tend to have an INTj attitude with respect to things that don't interest me very much). I am hereby inclined to speculate that I am INTx, until more conclusive evidence can be accumulated.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 05/06/2008, 03:55 PM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowpuppet View Post
I test 100% for I, N, and T, but only 66% for J (in MBTT). I obviously have characteristics of both, and can even come off as one or the other in different contexts (I tend to have an INTj attitude with respect to things that don't interest me very much). I am hereby inclined to speculate that I am INTx, until more conclusive evidence can be accumulated.
Good idea, IMO. Love your avatar, by the way - or, at least, its relevance to your new handle.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 05/06/2008, 04:29 PM
shadowpuppet's Avatar
shadowpuppet shadowpuppet is offline
the Omniscient
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
Good idea, IMO. Love your avatar, by the way - or, at least, its relevance to your new handle.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 05/06/2008, 04:44 PM
IntjWurm's Avatar
IntjWurm IntjWurm is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 158
Unhappy Farewell

This will be my last post as IntjWurm; I just wanted to inform you that I will only be posting under the identity used above. Please refrain from addressing me as 'IntjWurm' in the future to prevent confusion.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 05/06/2008, 05:23 PM
Prometheus's Avatar
Prometheus Prometheus is offline
House Robot
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
What exactly?
It is bullshit that IntjWurm identifies with INTp -- he does not do it more than he identifies with INTj. It is bullshit that he acts like an INTp, and it is bullshit that he show signs of Fe PoLR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
On kensi's type thread.
Yeah, I've seen it now. And it's pathetic. You seem to have brainwashed IntjWurm into accepting your ridiculous idea that he is an INTp. Take that detail from RSV3's little test that RSV3 commented:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3
Furthermore, INTps don't want things to have definite conclusions, they want endless possibilites, no closure, continued expansion, (which is why I gave you the finite v. infinite question which you answered as an INTp would). INTjs want things structured, to find the end to to things, find the boundaries and limits of things; INTjs don't want to be constantly examining an endless stream of possibilites.
This is totally wrong. The truth is almost the exact opposite to what is said here. INTjs explore possibilities in their minds (), whereas INTps try to nail down the facts (). That INTjs are more structured in their living, and that they makes decisions quickly and too hastily (in the eyes of the INTp) is another matter completely.

The fact is that IntjWurm answered most of the test questions exactly as a typical INTj would, whereas I would have answered several of them differently. That little test gave us another test result that rather clearly suggests INTj as IntjWurm's correct type. Every test result of his seems to indicate INTj, and yet you incompetent fools insist on INTp. That's pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
What sort of evidence do you need? He identifies with INTp, he posts like INTp, SG already said he looks kinda INTp in his picture.
IntjWurm does not post like an INTp more than he posts like an INTj. SG has suggested that he looks like an INTp, but I have said that he looks like an INTj. Well, either SG or I are obviously wrong about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowpuppet View Post
I test 100% for I, N, and T, but only 66% for J (in MBTT). I obviously have characteristics of both, and can even come off as one or the other in different contexts (I tend to have an INTj attitude with respect to things that don't interest me very much). I am hereby inclined to speculate that I am INTx, until more conclusive evidence can be accumulated.
What you say here is evidence for INTj and nothing else. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowpuppet View Post
I have more physical energy early in the morning but I am more psychologically settled late at night.
And this finally settles your correct type once and for all. You are just like every single INTj I know in real life or have read about in the literature. That you have more physical energy in the morning means that you are an early bird by natural temperament. And in that you are similar to every INTj I know of, and you are different from every single INTp I know of.

Every INTj is an early bird. Every INTp is a night owl.

You are an INTj, shadowpuppet (also known as IntjWurm). The case is closed.

Last edited by Prometheus; 05/06/2008 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 05/06/2008, 05:32 PM
shadowpuppet's Avatar
shadowpuppet shadowpuppet is offline
the Omniscient
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
And this finally settles your correct type once and for all. You are just like every single INTj I know in real life or have read about in the literature. That you have more physical energy in the morning means that you are an early bird by natural temperament. And in that you are similar to every INTj I know of, and you are different from every single INTp I know of.

Every INTj is an early bird. Every INTp is a night owl.

You are an INTj, shadowpuppet (also known as IntjWurm). The case is closed.
You may very well be correct in your assertions. I think that a definitive reference that is formulated entirely with socionics and not MBTT may be necessary to solve the dispute, as there is not a direct correlation between analogous functions in the two theories, and there has been a rather prevalent trend for promoting dissent on the meanings of such things as Te, Ne, etc, in socionics (which is perhaps the greatest obstacle to success in our present task). However, I realize that you are very meticulous in your typing (a very INTp quality), unlike your opposition, so I will not dismiss your opinion lightly.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 05/06/2008, 07:07 PM
shadowpuppet's Avatar
shadowpuppet shadowpuppet is offline
the Omniscient
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 642
Default

I too am slow to attribute a general socionics type to someone without lots of definitive information and proof, I suppose that is why we are both in the reactionary element. INTps are also supposedly resistant to judgments in general and generally oppose novel advocacies given absolute certainty to diminish the totality of perceived authority and general applicability.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 05/06/2008, 08:39 PM
kensi's Avatar
kensi kensi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
It is bullshit that IntjWurm identifies with INTp -- he does not do it more than he identifies with INTj. It is bullshit that he acts like an INTp, and it is bullshit that he show signs of Fe PoLR.
.
You'll have to talk to RSV3; he, being an INTj doesn't think intjwurm is an INTj as well.
__________________
Some Sort of Si + Fi valueing type.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 06/06/2008, 02:31 PM
IntjWurm's Avatar
IntjWurm IntjWurm is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 158
Exclamation I'm Back

I'm Back...
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 06/06/2008, 02:34 PM
complicater-complexer's Avatar
complicater-complexer complicater-complexer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,365
Default

You have erased your location so that nobody tells you again that you can't be an autopreservation 5
__________________
"To live happy, live hidden."
β ST, E6 autopreservation.
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 06/06/2008, 02:38 PM
shadowpuppet's Avatar
shadowpuppet shadowpuppet is offline
the Omniscient
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 642
Default

Actually I gave you an even more specific location in my new user profile because I'm taunting you.

Lebanon is on the other end of the Earth...

1^2 - 0^2 = 1
2^2 - 1^2 = 3
3^2 - 2^2 = 5
4^2 - 3^2 = 7
5^2 - 4^2 = 9
6^2 - 5^2 = 11
7^2 - 6^2 = 13
8^2 - 7^2 = 15
9^2 - 8^2 = 17
10^2 - 9^2 =19
x^2 - (x-1)^2 = 2x - 1
__________________

u!




Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.

Last edited by shadowpuppet; 06/06/2008 at 02:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 06/06/2008, 03:21 PM
complicater-complexer's Avatar
complicater-complexer complicater-complexer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,365
Default

By creating two accounts you are causing confusions for the readers. I don't think Sergei will be happy with that.
__________________
"To live happy, live hidden."
β ST, E6 autopreservation.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 06/06/2008, 03:31 PM
shadowpuppet's Avatar
shadowpuppet shadowpuppet is offline
the Omniscient
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
By creating two accounts you are causing confusions for the readers. I don't think Sergei will be happy with that.
I had to change it because I am INTJ in MBTT but not socionics and that confusion alone contributed to both the formation of this thread and the 150+ posts that followed. SG thinks I look INTpish anyways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
BTW IntjWurm, you look kinda INTpish on that photo. Do you have more photos?
__________________

u!




Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.

Last edited by shadowpuppet; 06/06/2008 at 03:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 06/06/2008, 03:44 PM
complicater-complexer's Avatar
complicater-complexer complicater-complexer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,365
Default

Sergei didn't confirm INTp. He said : in that particular photo you look like an INTp. INTp is just a hypothesis for the moment.
__________________
"To live happy, live hidden."
β ST, E6 autopreservation.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 06/06/2008, 03:52 PM
shadowpuppet's Avatar
shadowpuppet shadowpuppet is offline
the Omniscient
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
Sergei didn't confirm INTp. He said : in that particular photo you look like an INTp. INTp is just a hypothesis for the moment.
I realize that in socionics, much more than in MBTT, type is determined by the social hierarchy I mean perceptions of others and relationship tendencies...what do you think I am?
__________________

u!




Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 06/06/2008, 03:54 PM
complicater-complexer's Avatar
complicater-complexer complicater-complexer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowpuppet View Post
I realize that in socionics, much more than in MBTT, type is determined by the social hierarchy I mean perceptions of others and relationship tendencies...what do you think I am?
Honeslty I don't have enough info. But I see that you have some common points with me which doesn't mean necessarily that we have the same type, but that we have close types. ISTp and INTp would work!
__________________
"To live happy, live hidden."
β ST, E6 autopreservation.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 06/06/2008, 04:01 PM
shadowpuppet's Avatar
shadowpuppet shadowpuppet is offline
the Omniscient
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
Honeslty I don't have enough info. But I see that you have some common points with me which doesn't mean necessarily that we have the same type, but that we have close types. ISTp and INTp would work!
Before I had ever heard of socionics, when I was getting into MBTT, I expected to score as INTP because I tend to adapt to accommodate specific circumstances, and I rarely perform tasks ritually unless I'm trying increase efficiency (or to satisfy an obsessive compulsion) because the principle on which the ritual is based is rarely universally applicable for most practical purposes (the way I see it). I was initially very surprised that I scored 83% J and 17% P, but many of the questions were general enough that I could answer ambiguously and still seem like a 'J' type (here I mean with a preference for generality, not uncertainty).
__________________

u!




Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 06/06/2008, 04:04 PM
complicater-complexer's Avatar
complicater-complexer complicater-complexer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowpuppet View Post
Before I had ever heard of socionics, when I was getting into MBTT, I expected to score as INTP because I tend to adapt to accommodate specific circumstances, and I rarely perform tasks ritually unless I'm trying increase efficiency (or to satisfy an obsessive compulsion) because the principle on which the ritual is based is rarely universally applicable for most practical purposes (the way I see it).
Did you verify your MBTI type using the help of a practitioner like I did?
__________________
"To live happy, live hidden."
β ST, E6 autopreservation.
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 06/06/2008, 04:06 PM
shadowpuppet's Avatar
shadowpuppet shadowpuppet is offline
the Omniscient
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
Did you verify your MBTI type using the help of a practitioner like I did?
No but I did verify it with multiple tests; I also retook some of them and answered differently where I was not absolutely sure and scored the same.
__________________

u!




Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 SOCIONICS.COM