Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 06/06/2008, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post

Totals:
ENFp=7
INFp=6
ENFj=5
INFj=4
The other three are somewhat of a tossup but ENFp comes out on top. Note that this test was solely based on the 11 reinin dichotomies and nothing else.
Honestly, the result, that's a bit of a shocker!

Some questions were hard to answer and i tried to give the best answer possible without forcing an ENFP result to occur. I was pretty sure looking back at my answers that i'd end up an I Type. I'm surprised INFj was the lowest too.

i'll have to go thru this one on my own and tweak some of the results for say maybe 2 or 3 out of the 11 questions to see how much change occurs.

You should try this test on yourself and on INTxwurm thx
I know you're still not convinced
Old 06/06/2008, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
Honestly, the result, that's a bit of a shocker!

Some questions were hard to answer and i tried to give the best answer possible without forcing an ENFP result to occur. I was pretty sure looking back at my answers that i'd end up an I Type. I'm surprised INFj was the lowest too.

i'll have to go thru this one on my own and tweak some of the results for say maybe 2 or 3 out of the 11 questions to see how much change occurs.

You should try this test on yourself and on INTxwurm thx
I know you're still not convinced
I don't think you need to worry as much about whether having a conscious desire to get a certain result on the test flawed the results. The questions were much more removed from the classical Jungian dichotomy questions. As such, it would have been harder to interpret the type outcome of any given question since all the questions were based on relatively unfamiliar dichotomies. Which makes me think you really might be ENFp..

Oh and if you tweak some of your answers obviously I don't think the result will be as reliable, since at this point, you know how each answer will impact what type you are. In other words, the results will be flawed if you retake the test because you'll know the outcome of each answer on your type.

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).

Last edited by RSV3; 06/06/2008 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06/06/2008, 09:27 AM
Gone on holiday...

Hi kensi, I may (if i've got time) come up with some questions later on to try help also - I can't guarantee tho (but we'll get there eventually!)

I'm kind of running short on time at the moment, and I don't think i've asked you this yet, so could I post this link if you could have a look at it?

http://www.socionics.com/articles/phenomenon.html

Cheers.
Old 06/06/2008, 09:33 AM

Quote:
I don't think you need to worry as much about whether having a conscious desire to get a certain result on the test flawed the results. The questions were much more removed from the classical Jungian dichotomy questions. As such, it would have been harder to interpret the type outcome of any given question since all the questions were based on relatively unfamiliar dichotomies. Which makes me think you really might be ENFp..

Oh and if you tweak some of your answers obviously I don't think the result will be as reliable, since at this point, you know how each answer will impact what type you are. In other words, the results will be flawed if you retake the test because you'll know the outcome of each answer on your type.
good point.....probably all you can do is move on to the next test rather than second guess yourself...
I cant believe that my answer to the 1 st question was not an ENFp answer
btw...what were your scores in determining which of the NT types u could be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Hi kensi, I may (if i've got time) come up with some questions later on to try help also - I can't guarantee tho (but we'll get there eventually!)

I'm kind of running short on time at the moment, and I don't think i've asked you this yet, so could I post this link if you could have a look at it?

http://www.socionics.com/articles/phenomenon.html

Cheers.
cheers, i'll do you after

Last edited by kensi; 06/06/2008 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06/06/2008, 09:37 AM

Based on the results of the reinin test, it appears like you have preference for p over j since both p types on the test came out ahead of both j types.

Quote:
what were your scores in determining which of the NT types u could be?
I haven't taken it yet.. but I guess I will now.

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).

Last edited by RSV3; 06/06/2008 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06/06/2008, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Based on the results of the reinin test, it appears like you have preference for p over j since both p types on the test came out ahead of both j types.
Yeah, i would have to say that my preference for N somehow is a lot greater over S, while F and T are really veryclose, also i have a habit of misplacing things and always having to double or tripple check something i've already done.....sometimes i'm sensorilly brain-dead. this is probably my S sinking into ny subconscious i think. That probably explains how i misplaced my brand new bike as a kid Sometimes, though, my senses are very, very high on alert. I wonder if that's the SeTi superego kicking in?....ala Clint Eastwood ????...hmmm...

this is your own version of the Reinin test, eh?
Old 06/06/2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Yeah, i would have to say that my preference for N somehow is a lot greater over S, while F and T are really veryclose, also i have a habit of misplacing things and always having to double or tripple check something i've already done.....sometimes i'm sensorilly brain-dead. this is probably my S sinking into ny subconscious i think. That probably explains how i misplaced my brand new bike as a kid Sometimes, though, my senses are very, very high on alert. I wonder if that's the SeTi superego kicking in?....ala Clint Eastwood ????...hmmm...

this is your own version of the Reinin test, eh?
Yeah, they're my own questions based off of the dichotomies. Keep in mind I was assuming you were XNFx so I wasn't testing you for S/N or F/T preference. Also, you should be aware of your individual breakdowns of both j/p and E/I:
You were fairly strong in both E and P:
P = 13 and J = 9
E = 12 and I = 10

Here are my results:

1. Carefree—INTj or ENTj
2. Static—INTj or ENTp
3. Yielding—ENTp or ENTj
4. Static—INTj or ENTp
5. Strategic—INTj or ENTj
6. Emotivist—INTj or ENTj
7. Negativist—INTj or INTp
8. Subjective/Merry—INTj or ENTp
9. Left-ENTp or ENTj
10. Right/Result—INTj or INTp
11. Declaring—INTp or ENTj

Totals:
INTj=8
ENTj=6
ENTp=5
INTp=3
J=14; P = 8
I = 11; E = 11

Last edited by RSV3; 06/06/2008 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06/06/2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Yeah, they're my own questions based off of the dichotomies. Keep in mind I was assuming you were XNFx so I wasn't testing you for S/N or F/T preference. Also, you should be aware of your individual breakdowns of both j/p and E/I:
You were fairly strong in both E and P:
P = 13 and J = 9
E = 12 and I = 10

Here are my results:

1. Carefree—INTj or ENTj
2. Static—INTj or ENTp
3. Yielding—ENTp or ENTj
4. Static—INTj or ENTp
5. Strategic—INTj or ENTj
6. Emotivist—INTj or ENTj
7. Negativist—INTj or INTp
8. Subjective/Merry—INTj or ENTp
9. Left-ENTp or ENTj
10. Right/Result—INTj or INTp
11. Declaring—INTp or ENTj

Totals:
INTj=8
ENTj=6
ENTp=5
INTp=3
J=14; P = 8
I = 11; E = 11

I think I'm going to change my vote on your type to ENFp. You haven't been exhibiting as much Fe as you had when you initially started posting on the forums. Also, i recall you saying you can't stand ESTps because of how they act in bars. If you were really beta, I don't think you would dislike female ESTps this much. Furthermore, you say a lot of the people you connect with our delta.. and you dated an ISTp (if I'm remembering correctly).
Well your results are similar to mine, maybe a little bit better. You are who you think you are.
Surprisingly your E and I are the same... but you dont sound like an ENTj.
  1. I know i have some Beta energy in me, i just don't think it was the positive type. I went thru a rough period in my life where i think i acted beta, but i don't know i fthat was me. I seem at peace using delta function philosophy. I think Beta energy screwed me up a bit. Perhaps the source of beta energy came from my superego (3rd and 4th functions). Ater all this test was to differentiate between Beta and Delta....that's it, no gamma or alpha. What do you think ?
  2. of note your largest difference was between your quasi-identity and for me between my mirror identity in terms of the numbers....hmm.
  3. So if i'm ENFp then this would be a Relationship of Supervision. Who is supervising who? Does that feel right ??
  4. I dont know why earlier i gave off Fe...maybe it was Ne communicating Fi stuff and Fi went for a ride with Ne?? hell if i know. I could still be an Fe and not know it
What do you think?
Old 06/06/2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Well your results are similar to mine, maybe a little bit better. You are who you think you are.
Surprisingly your E and I are the same... but you dont sound like an ENTj.
  1. I know i have some Beta energy in me, i just don't think it was the positive type. I went thru a rough period in my life where i think i acted beta, but i don't know i fthat was me. I seem at peace using delta function philosophy. I think Beta energy screwed me up a bit. Perhaps the source of beta energy came from my superego (3rd and 4th functions). Ater all this test was to differentiate between Beta and Delta....that's it, no gamma or alpha. What do you think ?
  2. of note your largest difference was between your quasi-identity and for me between my mirror identity in terms of the numbers....hmm.
  3. So if i'm ENFp then this would be a Relationship of Supervision. Who is supervising who? Does that feel right ??
  4. I dont know why earlier i gave off Fe...maybe it was Ne communicating Fi stuff and Fi went for a ride with Ne?? hell if i know. I could still be an Fe and not know it
What do you think?
Some people say I VI as an ENTj, but there's no doubt in my mind that I'm introverted and INTj. If there's any ambiguity in my results, it's because I wrote a crappy test. If you're ENFp, I'm your supervisor.

Old 06/06/2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
it's because I wrote a crappy test. If you're ENFp, I'm your supervisor.
have you noticed any mistakes?
Old 06/06/2008, 10:38 AM

Quote:
have you noticed any mistakes?
In the test? No serious mistakes, but the wording of the questions can always be changed to improve accuracy.

Old 06/06/2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
In the test? No serious mistakes, but the wording of the questions can always be changed to improve accuracy.
No, i mean supervisors(INTjs) supervise. I'm (ENFp) supposed to be supervised ? Am I doing anything wrong? heeeh

If you dont feel you have to supervise me then maybe i'm not ENFp unless there's some weird axis rotated so that i'm the supervisor. ??
Old 06/06/2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
No, i mean supervisors(INTjs) supervise. I'm (ENFp) supposed to be supervised ? Am I doing anything wrong? heeeh

If you dont feel you have to supervise me then maybe i'm not ENFp unless there's some weird axis rotated so that i'm the supervisor. ??
Yeah, as your supervisor I'm pretty disappointed in you so far for not having figured out your type yet.

Honestly, I think you could be ENFp/INFp/ENFj. Who knows.

Old 06/06/2008, 10:51 AM

Wait... Kensi, is there a possibility, even if it is low, that you are T? You are searching among the F types. Why?
Old 06/06/2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Yeah, as your supervisor I'm pretty disappointed in you so far for not having figured out your type yet.

Honestly, I think you could be ENFp/INFp/ENFj. Who knows.
Explain to me how the superego functions work ? MBTI doesn't get into these too much...

for the ENFp, that is...
Old 06/06/2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Explain to me how the superego functions work ? MBTI doesn't get into these too much...

for the ENFp, that is...
Ok, here's a simplified version of the super ego:
3rd: Role function: The more you use your base function, the more this function will be suppressed. It pops up when you take a break from using the base function. In other words, if you focus on one, the other will be neglected and suppressed. You also realize this function can be a weakness and thus you'll often by hyper aware of your deficiency in it and attempt to correct it (unless you're using your base function at 100%).

For the ENFp, the role function is Se. You realize you have a problem with getting motivated and getting organized to do stuff. When your base function is off, you'll get some stuff done using this function, but you'll soon switch back to your base function as people can't use their role function for very long periods of time.

4th: PoLR function: you suck at this function, don't understand it's importance, and will, in all likelihood, never be good at using it.

For the ENFp, the PoLR function is Ti. What this means is that you don't see systems and theories relevant unless they apply personally to you. And because of your weakness in this area, you try and avoid being drawn into logical arguments regarding a theory you believe in, because you realize you'll have trouble defending it against someone with a stronger Ti (which is basically every other type).

Old 06/06/2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Ok, here's a simplified version of the super ego:
3rd: Role function: The more you use your base function, the more this function will be suppressed. It pops up when you take a break from using the base function. In other words, if you focus on one, the other will be neglected and suppressed. You also realize this function can be a weakness and thus you'll often by hyper aware of your deficiency in it and attempt to correct it (unless you're using your base function at 100%).

For the ENFp, the role function is Se. You realize you have a problem with getting motivated and getting organized to do stuff. When your base function is off, you'll get some stuff done using this function, but you'll soon switch back to your base function as people can't use their role function for very long periods of time.

4th: PoLR function: you suck at this function, don't understand it's importance, and will, in all likelihood, never be good at using it.

For the ENFp, the PoLR function is Ti. What this means is that you don't see systems and theories relevant unless they apply personally to you. And because of your weakness in this area, you try and avoid being drawn into logical arguments regarding a theory you believe in, because you realize you'll have trouble defending it against someone with a stronger Ti (which is basically every other type).
the 3rd describes me well i think. but the 4th almost not at all. I seem to think i can use the 4th (this is your INTjdominant function) function.......so do you really see me that weak at using it from your pointy of view ?

Maybe that's why i'm asking you all those questions???????
Old 06/06/2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
the 3rd describes me well i think. but the 4th almost not at all. I seem to think i can use the 4th (this is your INTjdominant function) function.......so do you really see me that weak at using it from your pointy of view ?

Maybe that's why i'm asking you all those questions???????
Yeah, hard to say... at first it appeared you were Ti seeking. But now i think you might be more Te seeking. Either way, I think both Ti and Te are weak functions for you (which isn't necessarily a bad thing; Fi/Fe are just stronger).

I used to think I could use my PoLR before finding out about socionics. Now I realize I was just making an ass out of myself when I tried to use Se. Not having good control over Se sucks.

Old 06/06/2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Yeah, hard to say... at first it appeared you were Ti seeking. But now i think you might be more Te seeking. Either way, I think both Ti and Te are weak functions for you (which isn't necessarily a bad thing; Fi/Fe are just stronger).

I used to think I could use my PoLR before finding out about socionics. Now I realize I was just making an ass out of myself when I tried to use Se. Not having good control over Se sucks.
Seeking is 6th right????????
Old 06/06/2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Seeking is 6th right????????
5th function is the primary seeking function with 6th as an ancillary or secondary seeking function.

When I say someone has a function that is seeking, I usually mean either the 5th or 6th. I don't know what other people mean when they say it.