Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 01/06/2008, 02:53 AM

Default Typing Kensi: Who is He? Is he the ENFp(sub ENTp) he claims to be ?

Typing Kensi: Who is He? Is he the ENFp(sub ENTp) he claims to be ?
He's been only submitting 30 post a day on average...are there any hints there ?

......I'll say that i originally thought that i was an MBTI INFJ at first....(I too had considered MBTI INTP but couldn't make it a go whatsoever.)
I never felt that my dominant world could be Fi so MBTI INFP never really flew with me.

Now here i am believing i'm ENFP (sub entp ----to better describe my feelings).

Any guesses?

Hint.
the only ENFp- labelled person that i can identify with on the TYPES and CELEBRITIES PHOTOPAGE....on the Socionics site.......................is Jonathan Silverman

Last edited by kensi; 01/06/2008 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01/06/2008, 03:06 AM

I'll go with Fe in your ego block. Just to start things off.

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 01/06/2008, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
I'll go with Fe in your ego block. Just to start things off.
So obviously Ti comkes with that as a package deal,heh ? or not necessarily??
Old 01/06/2008, 03:22 AM
Gone on holiday...

I overall suspect ENFj to be honest, but then maybe ESFj and you could also be INFp. Believe it or not at one point I even thought ENTj which probably came from similarities in types of ENFj and ENTj and in that I could sense a need for from you. Please note I am quite happy to disregard ENTj now though I'm just putting down some thoughts here.

I have to agree with RSV3P that defo ego

Although I think you can be confrontational, many people can. But it seems to me that you see confrontation, not as something which happens when you are, for instance, just maybe irritated, but something which is kind of playful and fun?..productive in some ways? Could you elaborate on this?

Also, it would help if you were to tell us a little bit more about yourself..
Old 01/06/2008, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
I overall suspect ENFj to be honest, but then maybe ESFj and you could also be INFp. Believe it or not at one point I even thought ENTj which probably came from similarities in types of ENFj and ENTj and in that I could sense a need for from you. Please note I am quite happy to disregard ENTj now though I'm just putting down some thoughts here.

I have to agree with RSV3P that defo ego

Although I think you can be confrontational, many people can. But it seems to me that you see confrontation, not as something which happens when you are, for instance, just maybe irritated, but something which is kind of playful and fun?..productive in some ways? Could you elaborate on this?

Also, it would help if you were to tell us a little bit more about yourself..
Good, I wont accept your answer as final until you tell me.

are you getting any sort of a quadra reading on me....perhaps you know for sure that i can't be one of the 4 quadras. this would in all likelihood reduce your choices from 16 to 12.

i have to be open here to all suggestions other than the ridiculous ones.....this is your call.

I will say that i am not terribly involved in the conversations at social dinners....and tend to just grin or laugh at something funny, unless of course something really interests me. Also i don't tend to have much patience for small trivial matters.
Old 01/06/2008, 03:40 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
Good, I wont accept your answer as final until you tell me.
Cool
Quote:
are you getting any sort of a quadra reading on me....perhaps you know for sure that i can't be one of the 4 quadras. this would in all likelihood reduce your choices from 16 to 12.
To force my hand so to speak, I get beta quadra vibes from you. But I also want to say..that I don't want to say that yet Reason is I don't want to pidgeon hole you, I would rather that we got it right for you and anyone else also.
Quote:
i have to be open here to all suggestions other than the ridiculous ones.....this is your call.

I will say that i am not terribly involved in the conversations at social dinners....and tend to just grin or laugh at something funny, unless of course something really interests me. Also i don't tend to have much patience for small trivial matters.
I am not inclined to read too much into this, after all not everyone likes social dinners. Can I ask, what makes you go to these social dinners? It may be useful to know your reasons for attending.

I also think it could be important if you answered my questioning about being playfully aggressive and what have you.
Old 01/06/2008, 03:42 AM

Quote:
I get beta quadra vibes from you. But I also want to say..that I don't want to say that yet Reason is I don't want to pidgeon hole you, I would rather that we got it right for you and anyone else also.

I am not inclined to read too much into this, after all not everyone likes social dinners. Can I ask, what makes you go to these social dinners? It may be useful to know your reasons for attending.

I also think it could be important if you answered my questioning about being playfully aggressive and what have you.
Yeah Kensi, you do seem to have a lot of beta characteristics about you.

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 01/06/2008, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Cool

Can I ask, what makes you go to these social dinners? It may be useful to know your reasons for attending.

oh....i mean just like a dinner function with my ex and her parents and some friends etc....usually being forced to go to 'em--- i mean not that i mind it or anything.

i prefer to call it agressively playfull instead if i had a choice.

Quote:
Yeah Kensi, you do seem to have a lot of beta characteristics about you.

now beta signals are completely reversed from those of delta...... is it too early to say that i have no delta energy?

Last edited by kensi; 01/06/2008 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01/06/2008, 06:58 AM

Kensi, are you more sure of your E/I dichotomy or your j/p dichotomy?

Old 01/06/2008, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Kensi, are you more sure of your E/I dichotomy or your j/p dichotomy?
i seem to exibit behaviour along all those extremes. I think though that im more of an irrational type than a rational one, that i know almost for sure.

so.........P should come before J (i guess then that means that im more sure that im a P rather. I've had a lot of women over the telephone tell me that man "are you ever open".

My biggest preference without a doubt is N over S. (T and F are perhaps 50/50 it can be argued)

If you factor that in what i said that leaves only 4 possibilities i think (but you be the judge)...
ENFp , ENTp , INFp , INTp

(but then again maybe its not imposible for me to be an INTj with a very strong dominant intuitive preference )
Old 01/06/2008, 07:58 AM

I'm almost certain you are an INFp (my second guess would be ENFj).

Old 01/06/2008, 08:12 AM

Quote:
I'm almost certain you are an INFp (my second guess would be ENFj).
just like that you got it figured out...that didn't take long.
If either of those two....it would have to be INFp. I cant see myself having a domoinant Fe world. Thats got me scared.

but you're still unsure lol

But if i'm INFp, how do you explain the fact that i've never really had any luck with women who are my dual then ,the ESTp (Se Dominant---- you know--the in your face, trampy looking ones that show off their but and fake nails and mingle around dancing with their friends at night clubs. (All my luck seems to have come from what i would consider the Delta quadra )
Old 01/06/2008, 08:16 AM

Enjoy your new life in beta; they're a fun group!

Quote:
But if i'm INFp, how do you explain the fact that i've never really had any luck with women who are my dual then ,the ESTp (Se Dominant---- you know--the in your face, trampy looking ones that show off their but and fake nails and mingle around dancing with their friends at night clubs. (All my luck seems to have come from what i would consider the Delta quadra )
Haha, is that how female ESTp's are? I don't know if I've ever spent much time around a female ESTp so I couldn't really say.

Last edited by RSV3; 01/06/2008 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01/06/2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately i've already tried. Beta did not make any sense to me intertype- wise. The only way it would make sense is if i was able to transpose the delta people i know and reclassify them as beta.
Old 01/06/2008, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately i've already tried. Beta did not make any sense to me intertype- wise. The only way it would make sense is if i was able to transpose the delta people i know and reclassify them as beta.
I wonder if there are any female ESTps on this board that could weigh in.

So you still think the best choice for you is ENFp?

Last edited by RSV3; 01/06/2008 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01/06/2008, 08:28 AM

Quote:

Haha, is that how female ESTp's are? I don't know if I've ever spent much time around a female ESTp so I couldn't really say.
well you will know cus they are pretty much right in your face, and you will feel it too lol.....thats exactly what Se is..........right in your face and they pretty much demand you be the same way around 'em. I mean some are nice and that but not to someone who is not a beta.

Quote:
I wonder if there are any female ESTps on this board that could weigh in.

So you still think the best choice for you is ENFp?
yeah based on how i have some other people pegged into delta. But like i implied before... i believe there are 2 different constructs of Delta, an alpha leaning delta nad a gamma leaning delta....but that's just my own theory that i'm working on.

if i am ENFp then my superego is ESTp in itself, isn't it?

Last edited by kensi; 01/06/2008 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01/06/2008, 09:30 AM
Gone on holiday...

Kensi are you an organised person? Do you think time keeping is important? Do you tend to find that you keep things well in order or can things get messy or cluttered around you?

Are you the sort of person who can work for long periods without stopping to have something to eat?
Old 01/06/2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Kensi are you an organised person? Do you think time keeping is important? Do you tend to find that you keep things well in order or can things get messy or cluttered around you?

Are you the sort of person who can work for long periods without stopping to have something to eat?
the answers:
  • no, not really, but i keep trying to get organized
  • yeah its pretty important
  • usually things tend to get messy and cluttered
  • yes at home or during my own time, but if its at work i always like to take a break
Old 01/06/2008, 09:38 AM

Here's why I think your INFp Kensi. First, all your posts appear to have an underlying motivation: to understand things. Your posts seek answers to questions that you have, you articulate roughly conceived concepts but ask that others refine your ideas. What this tells me is that you have a Ti mobilizing function (or hidden agenda); you utilize your ego functions for the purpose of expanding your understanding. This was really the deciding factor for me in determining you were INFp instead of ENFj.

Second, it is undoubtedly clear (and I don't think anyone will argue this) that you are intuitive--you have an amazing ability to make judgments and assessments about relationships based on the past behavior you have observed; however sometimes you have trouble verbalizing these assessments that you see so clearly in your mind.

Third, in your quest for understanding, you have difficulty acquiring on your own the raw information needed for the answers you seek. You know the end goal that you are seeking but you need help acquiring and analyzing the raw information. What this tells me is that Te is probably your PoLR. When you ask for help in acquiring and analyzing the info you need and none is given you use Fe to express your disappointment and frustration.

And fourth, you initiate contact with new people you meet through the use of positive statements to build rapport with the person. This demonstrates Fe. Furthermore, you use Fe by being aggressively playful (or playfully aggressive) in an attempt to liven things up and get people discussing/involved in what you care about. Finally, you easily mix more serious statements with lighthearted ones and attempt to take the edge off things with a certain amount of humor. I think all these things indicate Fe.

Fifth, we discussed previously whether I was your supervisor or beneficiary and I think our interactions are non-competitive which indicates more of a beneficiary/benefactor relationship.

Old 01/06/2008, 09:45 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
the answers:
  • no, not really, but i keep trying to get organized
  • yeah its pretty important
  • usually things tend to get messy and cluttered
  • yes at home or during my own time, but if its at work i always like to take a break
I'm taking this information in.

Does it bother you if people have poor timekeeping? Would you say your the sort of person who is early rather than late for appointments?

And importantly:

Would you get frustrated with someone who is a poor timekeeper? Would you prefer someone who gets agitated at indecision, always tries to be organised and who gets annoyed easily at people being late?