Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 09/04/2006, 09:40 PM

Default Re: INTps and relationships

I knew an INTp once, we were friends for awhile. He had this unusual obsession with women. He would go and chat any woman up just to get her number and he had this paper notebook where he kept all these numbers. He had so many numbers that he would sit there turning the pages deciding which one to call, and then he would pick one up that he didn't remember for the extra thrill of it and call her. That was his thing. I don't seem to remember him having any serious relationship with any of them, it looked more like a game of "Love and Numbers" (just made the name up ).
Old 09/04/2006, 10:45 PM

Since i am rather the loaner and don't always exactly push the envelope when it comes to getting women perhaps INTj would fit more (the socionics test told me i was INTx)? I'm not much for business matters or directing others. I just want to sit and code. Although I'm not terribly antisocial I can sometimes become punchy and a smart-ass without realizing it before it's too late. I don't know about most INTjs but i get along with most people. My family has always been very Down-to-Earth even though my dad used to fix computers but now works in sales(he was a very good technician too). Other than him the rest of my family isnt super computer literate. I always handled the software end of things and until recently my dad always handled the hardware end.
Old 10/04/2006, 08:46 AM

Default INTps and relationships

I've seen random postings on here mentioning INTps weakness in this area and love happens to be their hidden agenda. Does anyone have any examples on how this weakness manifests itself?
Old 10/04/2006, 12:51 PM

i know plenty of intj's and intp's that pull loads of women. it must be just you.
Old 11/04/2006, 01:08 AM

I think non-INTP personalities have better sensing of what they really need and therefor can more easily end relationship when it doesnt work for them anymore.... i think INTP are too adaptive sometimes.
Old 11/04/2006, 03:50 AM
Resident Transexual

The 16 Socionic types doesn't have enough room to fit all the nerds in the world, so don't type losers and dorks based on thier loserness, because you will then drown in your own stupidity...

If you think one type gets more ass then another, then you seriously have to revaluate your ideas on this subject.

For every anti-social type, there is a dual that balances this unsociability out. Besides, people have something called "the ability to learn" that makes the type unclear to the unexperienced.

The biggest bully in your high school may have been INTj. The guy who gets laid the most may be INTp. The biggest nerd may be an ISFp. The smartest person probably is an ISFj. The guy who everybody likes could be ENTp. The most depressed person could be ESFj. The best athlete could be an INFp. The biggest loser could have been an ESTp. And so on and so forth...

The more you are your type, the more your relationships will fit your type.

ENTj's/INTp's may be a tad anti-social and unsure of things, but ESFp's/ISFj's are direct, and they go for what they want, which is appreciated.

ENTp's/INTj's may be a tad cold and unaware, but ESFj's/ISFp's are so expressive that they are noticed quite clearly, and this is appreciated.

etc., etc....

Look, this is a complete system, and there are no types that are "busted", only people become broken, and not types.
Old 11/04/2006, 10:18 AM

Very good post Cancel, if I could I would have framed it and put it on the wall!