Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 03/06/2008, 12:08 AM

Question Does intpwurm sound better than intjwurm?

In other words, what is intjwurm's type?

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 03/06/2008, 12:11 AM
Gone on holiday...

Red face Keep 'em coming

It's pretty much clear he's not LII. I like his name though it's funny considering he's INTp lol.

Last edited by Cyclops; 03/06/2008 at 12:17 AM.
Old 03/06/2008, 12:15 AM

intpwurm sounds like int-perm.
Old 03/06/2008, 12:19 AM
Gone on holiday...

Cool Identity crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinosleep View Post
intpwurm sounds like int-perm.
int-temp
Old 03/06/2008, 12:27 AM

I don't know. It's perfectly normal for INTps to want to believe they are INTj. Or the INTps know they are INTps but want to be in alpha quadra and date hot ESFjs so they pretend to be INTjs.

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 03/06/2008, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
I don't know. It's perfectly normal for INTps to want to believe they are INTj. Or the INTps know they are INTps but want to be in alpha quadra and date hot ESFjs so they pretend to be INTjs.
ESFps are hotter.

EDIT: I forgot the smilie There, now you know I'm not being serious.
Old 03/06/2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandapanda View Post
ESFps are hotter.
Oh this was a civil discussion until you made that comment!

Old 03/06/2008, 12:34 AM

Intpwurm or intjwurm? Reminds me of that part in that film Friday, "Hey whatsup big perm, I mean big worm?"
Old 03/06/2008, 12:44 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinosleep View Post
Intpwurm or intjwurm? Reminds me of that part in that film Friday, "Hey whatsup big perm, I mean big worm?"
I think he's only got a little worm
Old 03/06/2008, 12:45 AM
House Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
It's pretty much clear he's not LII. I like his name though it's funny considering he's INTp lol.
Why do you think that he is an INTp? His test results suggest that he is indeed a LII.
Old 03/06/2008, 12:46 AM

Talking Truth Is In The Eye Of The Projector

Quote:
I am going by this and many, many other sources, including MBTI. What is your excuse?
Old 03/06/2008, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntjWurm View Post
I am going by this and many, many other sources, including MBTI. What is your excuse?
As far as I've seen, you don't exhibit many typical alpha characteristics. Furthemore, as you have just demonstrated in your proceeding sentence, you love Te.

And I wouldn't rely to heavily on the fact that you are an INTJ in the MBTI system.

Old 03/06/2008, 01:03 AM

Unhappy How Eloquent

Quote:
As far as I've seen, you don't exhibit many typical alpha characteristics. Furthemore, as you have just demonstrated in your proceeding sentence, you love Te.

And I wouldn't rely to heavily on the fact that you are an INTJ in the MBTI system.
So my motives are not characterized by the pursuit of knowledge? And I think out loud? Would you care to provide proof for even one of your sentiments? And who made you the ultimate authority on INTJ?
Old 03/06/2008, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntjWurm View Post
So my motives are not characterized by the pursuit of knowledge? And I think out loud? Would you care to provide proof for even one of your sentiments? And who made you the ultimate authority on INTJ?
And your Fe PoLR is also in fine form I might add.

I never stated I was the ultimate authority on INTj (remeber in socionics the j is lowercase). I just thought there may be some debate as to your type. To be frank, you may rightly be INTj; all that I am saying is that there are some indications you may be a different type and I don't think a discussion hurts things, it should actually clarify things.

Old 03/06/2008, 01:06 AM
House Robot

Quote:
The test result RCOEI is only compatible with INTj.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3
If he is an INTJ in MBTT, he is necessarily a LII, because its the exact same type. SG is an INTJ and a LII, and that is exactly as it should be for all LIIs.
Old 03/06/2008, 01:06 AM

Angry Indeed

Quote:
And your Fe PoLR is also in fine form I might add.
Yes, I can see that about you also...I happen to know that INTJs are quite fond of evading questions.
Old 03/06/2008, 01:08 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Why do you think that he is an INTp? His test results suggest that he is indeed a LII.
I'm not sure about what test results he's had, but it is possible that they are misconstrued by intpworm not fully understanding the questions of the test etc.

Although it's true he's posted only for a while, I think there is enough there so far which would suggest INTp rather than INTj.

For instance, when you view his somewhat 'socially' confrontation stance, it is similar if not pretty close to what one often can see in an Fe PoLR type. His noted antagonistic approach is also something which can be attributed to the INTp's way of looking to draw others out to find what they are thinking - because their Ni likes to consider other possibilities and seek the other opinions in relation to this (much in the way of Paul James' description of said type)

Also..something else, his logical conclusions relate to what he sees as facts. For instance, he concluded earlier that only S types use VI -> based on (rather poor of course) empirical evidence..that I use it and I am S and that you use it (him seeming to believe you are S) I also suspect he is combining this with his apparently skewed version (I refer to most hated types when he reveals some of his understanding of S and N dichotomy) of the dichotomies, this shows a certain Te factual information-connection taking place on his part..although clearly he is wrong on his conclusions.

Note how he tried to collaborate more empirical type evidence by opening a thread with a set of questions on this (which is now a poll)

Of course this isn't the be all and end all, but it is a reasonable case (at least to start) to suspect the INTp over INTj (and yes..possibly INTP also it would seem)
Old 03/06/2008, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
The test result RCOEI is only compatible with INTj.

If he is an INTJ in MBTT, he is necessarily a LII, because its the exact same type. SG is an INTJ and a LII, and that is exactly as it should be for all LIIs.
We are not getting into a MBTI-socionics conversion discussion again!

Old 03/06/2008, 01:17 AM

Quote:
In other words, what is intjwurm's type?
hey, I think it would be more funner to type PROM ,...with him screaming back at you: you're wrong, you' re wrong, you don't know what you're talking about ....all the time....

....i gotta admit..these millions of smilies are funny.
Old 03/06/2008, 01:20 AM
House Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
I'm not sure about what test results he's had, but it is possible that they are misconstrued by intpworm not fully understanding the questions of the test etc.
Maybe, but we have no reason to believe that. His test results is the most reliable source of informatin on his type that we have access to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Although it's true he's posted only for a while, I think there is enough there so far which would suggest INTp rather than INTj.
That's questionable.

Quote:
For instance, when you view his somewhat 'socially' confrontation stance, it is similar if not pretty close to what one often can see in an Fe PoLR type. His noted antagonistic approach is also something which can be attributed to the INTp's way of looking to draw others out to find what they are thinking - because their Ni likes to consider other possibilities and seek the other opinions in relation to this (much in the way of Paul James' description of said type)
I have thought the same as you here, but I am not sure it is such a strong argument. It has some strength to it, but it is not conclusive, and there might be other possible interpretations of that behaviour.

Quote:
Also..something else, his logical conclusions relate to what he sees as facts. For instance, he concluded earlier that only S types use VI -> based on (rather poor of course) empirical evidence..that I use it and I am S and that you use it (him seeming to believe you are S)
From my INTp perspective his conclusion seems to be based on his (incorrect) interpretation of the theory rather than on a comparison with reality.

Quote:
I also suspect he is combining this with his apparently skewed version (I refer to most hated types when he reveals some of his understanding of S and N dichotomy) of the dichotomies, this shows a certain Te factual information-connection taking place on his part..although clearly he is wrong on his conclusions.
That argument is rather strained.

Quote:
Note how he tried to collaborate more empirical type evidence by opening a thread with a set of questions on this (which is now a poll)

Of course this isn't the be all and end all, but it is a reasonable case (at least to start) to suspect the INTp over INTj (and yes..possibly INTP also it would seem)
You have not a reasonable case yet. First of all you have to explain his test results, which is an anomaly. And does he say that he identifies with INTP descriptions in MBTT? I have thought that he identifies with INTJ, and if so, that is another strong argument for LII.

Quote:
We are not getting into a MBTI-socionics conversion discussion again!
We don't need to, if you just accept the facts.

Last edited by Prometheus; 03/06/2008 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost