Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 18/02/2010, 12:06 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevate View Post
Hey, haven't been here for a while. Just dropping by.
We should do coffee sometime, maybe go for a wander round the shops or something.
Old 18/02/2010, 07:16 PM

I'm just wondering whether socionics helps to you? Any stories, folks? I would appreciate
Old 18/02/2010, 07:33 PM

I find that within my quadra (that I think I am a part of) the intertypes are very accurate.
Old 18/02/2010, 07:41 PM
Gone on holiday...

Talking to girls about it in bars helps me get laid.
Old 18/02/2010, 10:21 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUcome.ME View Post
I'm just wondering whether socionics helps to you? Any stories, folks? I would appreciate
Sounds like a pretty interesting idea for a thread. Could you please move it to one, so we can leave this thread for introductions? Thanks.
Old 27/02/2010, 12:41 AM

Hi guys, just want to introduce myself.

I think I'm an INTP. Sometimes I test as INTJ. One of my fave profs discussed Myers Briggs and Jungian Archetypes in class, and I just kind of found my way here via google follow-up.

So, hello, nice to meet you, and see you around.
Old 27/02/2010, 12:57 AM
Omnomnom

Greetings! Happy to have you.
Old 27/02/2010, 01:16 AM

Thanks. I don't have a strong psychology background because I'm a history major, but I hope to learn something here.

And have some fun.
Old 01/03/2010, 05:53 PM

Hello everyone, I'd like to introduce myself: I'm male, 19 years old and about to finish my school. After school I definitely want to study design.

I'm not sure about my type, whether it's socionics or mbti. I was often switching back and forth because I can't decide which one fits best. But maybe I'll find it out in this forum.

Nice to meet you!
Old 02/03/2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
Hello everyone, I'd like to introduce myself: I'm male, 19 years old and about to finish my school. After school I definitely want to study design.

I'm not sure about my type, whether it's socionics or mbti. I was often switching back and forth because I can't decide which one fits best. But maybe I'll find it out in this forum.

Nice to meet you!
MegaDoomer!

.... and enjoy your stay!
Old 09/03/2010, 10:25 AM

Howdy, all!

I became interested in this 4-letter acronym personality typing a little over a year ago and just recently found out about this site/socionics. I really love typing people in my mind when I meet/get to know them (actually I can't help it) and I'm extremely good at it. I've looked around the site a bit and would really like to learn more about socionics as it seems to be a more refined and advanced version of the MBTI and other such similar models.

Is there a place I can read about what exactly socionics is and how it's significant differences compare to the other 4-letter acronym personality typing tools? Pardon me for asking as I'll admit I'm a bit lazy and haven't looked that hard myself.

I would post my type (hopefully it can't be seen elsewhere on the site as I know I entered it when signing up..) but I'd like someone to see if they can tell what type I am by looking at pics of me in a thread I plan to make later. If any of my above statements gave me away then tell me why/how I look like the type you think I am based on my pics if you decide to respond to that post because I'd like to learn how to do it myself even if it's not 100% accurate. Oh and if someone could direct me to a guide to face-typing that would be great too!
Old 09/03/2010, 10:39 AM
Omnomnom

Greetings! Try here.
Old 09/03/2010, 12:00 PM

Aw, thanks, I'll check it out!
Old 09/03/2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective 83 View Post
I became interested in this 4-letter acronym personality typing a little over a year ago and just recently found out about this site/socionics. I really love typing people in my mind when I meet/get to know them (actually I can't help it) and I'm extremely good at it. I've looked around the site a bit and would really like to learn more about socionics as it seems to be a more refined and advanced version of the MBTI and other such similar models.
IMO you should try get rid of the idea of the four letters as soon as possible because you'll confuse a lot of things. They are kept for backward compatibility with MBTI or something and although there's an unwritten convention on this forum to use the four letters acronym, each of the Socionics 16 types has two principal functions which are important in naming it.

Example: INTj and INTp are not close, but INTj with ENTp.
INTj = Logical-Intuitive Intovert = (the Intuition is Extroverted and the Logic Intro)
ENTp = Intuitive-Logical Extrovert = (idem, except that ILE is Perceiving, the Irrational function - Ne - is the base one)
INTp - Intuitive-Logical Introvert = (this time the Intuition and Logic are different and incompatible with the first two cases).

Naming is not really important as long as one keeps in mind what they really mean, but I saw people who fix to the four letter name and make a lot of mistakes based on that, eg the user here LCTesla (I know him from another place).
Here is something I wrote about naming: http://www.socionics.com/forums/show...1678#post21678

I use a rule of thumb: the Intuitive Introverts from MBTI change their Rationality (j/p) in Socionics 4-letter acronym, so MBTI INTP is usually INTj. But not always, that should be investigated!
Talking about your type, I have a friend who was INFJ in MBTI tests and she's still INFj in Socionics, I'd say a typical one . So that above is not truly a rule, but a mandatory check so to speak.
Old 09/03/2010, 06:50 PM

Oh snap, you found my type! Ahhh, I see it now, silly me for not looking very hard through my profile. And yes, I'm still an INFj here.

Anyways, this is one of the biggest things I was looking for as it is currently the most confusing so I'll definitely be reading through it eventually. Thanks for the posting and all your info.
Old 10/03/2010, 02:51 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihai_m View Post
IMO you should try get rid of the idea of the four letters as soon as possible because you'll confuse a lot of things. They are kept for backward compatibility with MBTI or something and although there's an unwritten convention on this forum to use the four letters acronym, each of the Socionics 16 types has two principal functions which are important in naming it.
My understanding is that they're kept to give Westerners coming from MBTI something familiar. Still, I agree that they cause confusion.
Old 10/03/2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
Still, I agree that they cause confusion.
Nope! I STRONGLY disagree. The real confusion is this 3 letter thingy which I refuse to learn !!
Old 10/03/2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter View Post
Nope! I STRONGLY disagree. The real confusion is this 3 letter thingy which I refuse to learn !!
Lol, is this a joke?
Old 10/03/2010, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihai_m View Post
lol, is this a joke?
Do i sound as if i were joking ? SLE, SLI, SLY, LSE, LSI, LSD, SEE, SAW, LII, LIE ..... LIE ???
Old 10/03/2010, 11:15 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter View Post
The confusion caused is that people think MBTT and Socionics are compatible and then drag their understanding of the former into the latter.