Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 08/04/2006, 02:01 PM

Default Type and Arithmetic

Why do I think type profiles are useless? Because any type is a mixture of several types even on the molecular level. If you look at the model X for example:

ENTp

shares The Foundation and Dual Seeking with an ENFp

and HA and Realisation with ESTp

so ENTp really has traits of both ENFp and ESTp. But to complete this comparison you have to remove the traits which ENTp does not share, ie ESFp

so here you go: ENTp = ENFp + ESTp - ESFp
Old 08/04/2006, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Type and Arithmetic

I agree. Take for example an ENTp and ENFp who are a bit heavy on The Foundation/Dual Seeking. There won't be that easy do distinguish which is which, however if both heavy on HA/Realisation the difference should be quite obvious.
Old 08/04/2006, 10:45 PM
Resident Transexual

Hypothetical question:

In what "subtype" would the 7th function be expressed strongest, the subtype focused on Foundation/Dual Seeking or the subtype focused on HA/Realisation?

I know you don't follow Model A, but 7th function is the only term that I can describe it. For example:

Who would be more , an I(S)Tp or an IS(T)p?

Who would be more , an E(N)Tp or an EN(T)p?

Who would be more , an I(N)Fj or an IN(F)j?

Who would be more , an E(S)Fp or an ES(F)p?

...etc.

For example, I(S)Tp would mean the subtype that prefers , and IS(T)p would mean the subtype that prefers .

I don't know if I am explaining things quite correctly, but I hope you see what I am trying to get across.
Old 08/04/2006, 10:56 PM

Sensing for example is one function, whether it is or , it is the same function. If ISTp's is The Foundation on the conscious level, the is The Foundation on the subconscious level, therefore I(S)Tp would have stronger than IS(T)p.
Old 08/04/2006, 11:39 PM
Resident Transexual

Ah, okay! Forgive me if I am being bothersome ahaha, but I have a couple more questions...

Question 1

Who would be more focused on thier hidden agenda?

(e.g. Who would usually try to be more logical, an I(S)Fp or an IS(F)p?)

(Who would be more respectful and quiet, an E(N)Tp or an EN(T)p?)

Question 2

Who would be more focused on thier Dual Seeking function?

(e.g. Who would talk and ask more about morality and relationships, an E(S)Tj or an ES(T)j?)

(Who would talk about work more, an I(N)Fj or an IN(F)j?)

Thanks in advance!
Old 09/04/2006, 08:51 AM
Resident Transexual

Believe it or not, I was wondering why it seemed that while certain people match the Gulenko type descriptions on this site almost PERFECTLY, there are others who match about half of one and half of another perfectly, or a third of three different ones perfectly, etc.

Another thing that was interesting (that someone else pointed out to me) is that there are subtypes, and the way they work is that an ES(T)p subtype would seem like a mix of ENTp and ESTp, and even in relationships, this difference may contribute to "changing" the relations a bit.
Old 09/04/2006, 09:10 AM

Dude, I was thinking exactly the same thing a while ago, but I didn't come up with a definite answer then. I can only tell you for now that I(S)Fp seems to be more logical than IS(F)p from my observations.
Old 09/04/2006, 10:32 AM
Resident Transexual

Now on more thought, perhaps a type being more "balanced" around thier quadra-values is a result of being around activity, conflicting, or even super-ego (not dual) people or family.

Even people with horribly traumatic lives and/or experiences seem to either go off to the extreme of focusing on only one or two things, or to the extreme of being balanced and similar to others in the quadra. (Which, makes it super-tough to type people like this.)

Hell, maybe being more balanced is from just having times when you have to reevaluate your life, which may come from direct contact with other people, experience, or even mental problems.

Ah...more to come...gotta do some thinking on this...I wonder if there is any pattern at all..it seems like thier should be, but I wonder...
Old 09/04/2006, 11:05 AM

Family? Oh yes, definitely, family leaves very strong imprint, and if they are from a different quadrable then you learn incorrect values. But on the bright side you have the whole life ahead of you to clean up your hard drive...
Old 09/04/2006, 11:19 AM
Resident Transexual

Yeah, like I notice that the people that I have the most difficulty in "typing" have had some pretty bad family relationships and/or childhoods.

And people who have like one of the "strained" relationships with one of thier parents seem to be more balanced "hidden agenda" wise.

The absolute best relationships to watch play out I think are activity. Sometimes I wonder if it is just a conflicting in disguise! (Cuz I am still learning to type perfect, still have trouble with the E/I and sometimes even J/P...especially when ST's are concerned, they all seem to look and act similar...)

Also, I think family can rub off in relationships with the same type your closer family has. Like, all of a sudden they act exactly like your family does, and suddenly a bunch of history comes back...

This stuff seriously is scary sometimes in that it can explain why people are so alike!
Old 09/04/2006, 01:11 PM

I've noticed that people who had Contrary parent have difficulty deciding on their E/I and they even look like a cross between their Identical and Contrary.
Old 09/04/2006, 09:52 PM

SG , what are Alpha values? And I hope I didn't spoil your mood with my question. Because I have this feeling that you don't like me.
Old 09/04/2006, 09:59 PM

I do not do not like you, ok? So please stop this nonsense! As for Alpha values...I think you know them already ->
Old 09/04/2006, 10:18 PM

So, what functions do we use for sensing nonsense? Hmm... and are types bad because they have Black Ethics? And do Introverted Sensors sense things outside?

So Alpha is a group of spontanious, emotional, aesthetic philosophers.
Old 09/04/2006, 11:07 PM

Alpha is a group of abnormal, handicapped, idealistic morons.
Old 10/04/2006, 02:19 AM
Resident Transexual

Being mean is funny:

Alpha: Oblivious, gourmandizing, party animal sex fiends.

Beta: Emo, manic depressive, power-hungry, anti-social scum-brains.

Gamma: Evil, perverted, uptight, avaracious dirt-bags.

Delta: Frivolous, boring, careless, workaholic hedonists.

Okay, fine, now for the good:

Alpha: Friendly, happy, enthusiastic socialites.

Beta: Expressive, funny, artistic, spiritual leaders.

Gamma: Productive, intellegent, driven movers-and-shakers.

Delta: Responsable, creative, ingenuitive, pillars of society.

Of course, don't take this too seriously.