Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 20/11/2007, 09:40 PM

Default Study socionics?:)

Hm... I have to admit that I discovered socionics only in May this year but I have been really interested in that since. I find it really useful and I also think it's very practical, for example for head hunters. What do you think?
Btw I've been wondering if it's possible to "study" socionics or get some kind of certificate in that?
Does anybody know?
Old 29/11/2007, 01:13 AM

Yes it is possible to 'study' socionics and get some sort of certificate. It wont be any recognisable certificate though.
Old 08/12/2007, 10:56 PM

hm, so can you tell me where when etc, please
Old 16/12/2007, 02:28 AM

There's a Socionic Institute in Moscow. Since Poland isn't far away, here's a link http://www.socionics.ru/index_eng.htm
Old 29/12/2007, 08:13 PM
Gone on holiday...

Hi guys, to me it seems like socionics was founded on the observations of people, how the react and how they get on with each other. To me thats a good thing, because it means that someone like me, and everyone else can advance it with my own observations of people I come in to contact with.

There's a lot of info on the web, some of it really good, some of it not to, you just have to use a mixture of your own knowledge and objectivity to work out what is good or not
Old 30/12/2007, 11:41 AM

MBTI was found that way. Socionics is a classic way of hypothesis that works .i.e. theoretically this should be this and that... practically, this is!
Old 30/12/2007, 12:21 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
MBTI was found that way. Socionics is a classic way of hypothesis that works .i.e. theoretically this should be this and that... practically, this is!
I thought socionics came about by that Augusta woman noticing a pattern between carl jung typing system and how couples got on, whilst interviewing a lot of married couples.

Its something I don't understand ?, as to me that looks like theory evolving from practical observation, not the other way round ?
Old 31/12/2007, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
I thought socionics came about by that Augusta woman noticing a pattern between carl jung typing system and how couples got on, whilst interviewing a lot of married couples.

Its something I don't understand ?, as to me that looks like theory evolving from practical observation, not the other way round ?

Um, what about all the function introverted extroverted, can't get that from interview. You make a hypothesis build a model then check it on interview. She probably noticed patterns in relationships and thought hang on a minute is there a correlation? Pretty sure MBTI people noticed that too and had more practical experience over the years, so where is their sound theory?
Old 01/01/2008, 10:06 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
Um, what about all the function introverted extroverted, can't get that from interview. You make a hypothesis build a model then check it on interview. She probably noticed patterns in relationships and thought hang on a minute is there a correlation? Pretty sure MBTI people noticed that too and had more practical experience over the years, so where is their sound theory?
Did the idea of extroverted introverted functions come from Jung's preliminary research into types?

The real 'biggie' for me has got to be the model of the psyche. There's the theory which also works in practice.

On thinking about it, I wonder how she came up with the idea. As I think, when she came up with the idea, was it through a mixture of looking at healthy and unhealthy marriages, and applying her knowledge of different typing structures, perhaps she was observant enough to observe strong preferences in others they couldn't see in themselves (eg the unconcious functions) and with it being driven by her own internal disappointment at her own failed marriage, this helped her to join the dots and logically produce the model of the psyche.

OK, I think it is an N thing overall, but do you think what I am doing is trying to reason out the discovery from my own sensory thinking style (IE how I'd 'discover' it ?) How would a strong N therefore work it out.

Is it possible (in theory) that either an S or an N could therefore have came up with it (or anything else for that matter), but by different approaches ?

(BTW i'm in no doubt Augusta being an N or discovering it through an N preference, I'm just trying to get an insight into a different mode of thinking than my own)

PS there is no theory in MBTI that I know of, which kind of makes me suspicious of it, as I'm a logical guy and I think things should therefore make sense logically, rather than just simply 'believed' Apart from the introverted problem, this is another perceived flaw for me in MBTI (So what types where Myers and Briggs ?)

Last edited by Cyclops; 01/01/2008 at 10:15 AM.