Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 16/07/2007, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwrig2 View Post
"Jung in his works on psychological types has clearly described types, which dominant function was Thinking or Feeling as Judging or Rational types and the types, which dominant function was Sensing or Intuition as Perceiving or Irrational types."

how the hell is "feeling" rational and "perceiving" irrational?
it was down there somewhere.

edit: oh and valerie, dont forget the INTJ's extremely important need to appear competent, even when they dont know something. also, INTJs hold no real respect for authority so challenging a superior or a set of ideas is pretty much guaranteed.

Last edited by jwrig2; 16/07/2007 at 12:21 AM.
Old 16/07/2007, 12:17 AM

Jeez you're sharp!
Old 16/07/2007, 12:25 AM
NS2D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transigent View Post

I wish everyone were this easy to type!
That was fecking genius.
Old 16/07/2007, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
Jeez you're sharp!
maybe i could understand this socionics stuff a little better if your website wasnt a piece of shit? your articles are biased and retarded and without sources. you use little symbols as shortcuts for functions but dont explain them anywhere. you're almost 40 years old and get off inciting flame wars on a forum, ignoring the obvious problems and contradictions with the philosphy presented on the site. thanks for nothing.
Old 16/07/2007, 01:03 AM

Good bye to you too!
Old 16/07/2007, 01:05 AM
NS2D

Well he was charming.
Old 16/07/2007, 01:07 AM

Well, it is always nice when people know how to ask
Old 16/07/2007, 01:09 AM
NS2D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerieUGA View Post
Haha! Wait for it.

I mistook this lad for the other lad...we're still waiting for your prophecy to come true...though I'm not prepared to bet against it.
Old 16/07/2007, 01:10 AM
NS2D

Quote:
Well, it is always nice when people know how to ask
I love how in his mind you incited the flame.
Old 16/07/2007, 01:16 AM

I actually find it funny and sad at the same time. I mean: "Your site is shit, your grammar is shit, Jung is shit, you're shit....Erm so no one wants to answer my question?" This guy is a clown only no one is laughing.
Old 16/07/2007, 01:34 AM
NS2D

Quote:
I actually find it funny and sad at the same time. I mean: "Your site is shit, your grammar is shit, Jung is shit, you're shit....Erm so no one wants to answer my question?" This guy is a clown only no one is laughing.

"Everything here is totally shit, now please explain it to me so I can fill my mind with something I consider to be shit"

(you're not gonna go and tidy this thread up are ya? It's too funny.)
Old 16/07/2007, 01:37 AM

Nope, but Zeus might
Old 16/07/2007, 01:38 AM
NS2D

Quote:
Nope, but Zeus might
Ask him politely not to...it's too good. People will gather in years to come to point and laugh.
Old 16/07/2007, 01:41 AM

Actually he is as lazy as I am...but what I can't understand why he didn't ban this guy?
Old 16/07/2007, 01:45 AM
NS2D

I imagine because banning him would give him a sense of achievement incongruous with his contributions. Not to mention the fact that if he gets banned we might lose some more potential classics. The world would be poorer.
Old 16/07/2007, 04:07 AM
One hot piece of INTj ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by NS2D View Post
I mistook this lad for the other lad...we're still waiting for your prophecy to come true...though I'm not prepared to bet against it.
I know. I was just letting you know the time will be right soon enough.
Old 16/07/2007, 10:46 PM

So THIS is why INTps sometimes get a bad rep. Oh well, (s)he'll grow up one day, I'm sure.
Old 17/07/2007, 02:19 AM

You are not an INTp!
Old 17/07/2007, 09:03 PM

lol.. this is something that will never end methinks.
Old 22/01/2011, 10:17 PM

Rationality vs Irrationality

I test very P when using standard terms of J like plans, decisiveness, and organization, and closer to the point is I identify quite well as N > T > F > S, this puts N as dominant, T as creative, F as hidden agenda, and S as dual's function. Besides that, you can see much reasoning why someone "N" dominant would also be a "perceiving" type. So the truly easiest way to know P/J for sure is to take each concrete dichotomy, of F, T, S, N, separately and realize P/J is an essential similarity, ie. defining P is like trying to explain the similarity between fire and ice. To describe the essence is thus far pointless in typing because of its limitedness, but read descriptions of the T and F types, N and S types. If someone identifies most with one of the former, then preference guarantees identification least with the other former, and N/S is in the middle (usually more ambiguous). It is the dual's job to help us complete our biggest weakness.

There are two BIG questions you can ask yourself to help you type people well, that is what is their dominant dichotomy (N, S, F, T?) and what is their second polar of P/J preference. Think carefully about it, though many times its so simple, then what you're left with is two types, two descriptions, one more question. How does this specific Exxx differ from its contrary Ixxx, and which am I looking at?

Most type related deciding factors are mere correlations, ie. what you will read in descriptions. Don't let it get to you if you don't fit. What has been said about club dichotomies however is the most obvious and undeniable structure of Socionics. The "descriptions" will help you more when you get down to two, the Exxx and Ixxx.

Back to our BLauritson friend, someone cannot be both J and ambiguous in F/T, meaning neither are strong or weak enough. A strong T-dominant can't handle F without the dual, or visa versa. He is obviously some P type, unless he's mistaken. But my place is to help people, not call them out for something unlikely false, in which I wouldn't care either way--it doesn't concern me much. A good question is to further explore why he thinks he needs an S-dual and why he's more ambiguous in T/F.

P.S. Late post, but relevant either way.

Last edited by Neverend; 22/01/2011 at 10:27 PM.