Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 05/06/2008, 02:34 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
Can Socionics be a Religion ?
You can create a socionic cult, you should have read the small print when you joined.
Old 05/06/2008, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
You can create a socionic cult, you should have read the small print when you joined.
My hand slipped and hit the ENTER key
Old 05/06/2008, 09:16 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
My hand slipped and hit the ENTER key
Have you ever used this excuse for wandering hands on a member of the female species?
Old 05/06/2008, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Have you ever used this excuse for wandering hands on a member of the female species?
yup, but it doesn't work on the orthogonal quadra members

btw, how do we even know if there are any females online?, .....you see they could be males posing as females.............and of course they have know way of knowing that we might be females posing as males ??? gotta love the interbet.
Old 05/06/2008, 09:32 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
yup, but it doesn't work on the orthogonal quadra members

btw, how do we even know if there are any females online?, .....you see they could be males posing as females.............and of course they have know way of knowing that we might be females posing as males ??? gotta love the interbet.
Maybe I am a 12 year old school girl and interpol are on to you.

Do you think it's possible to tell gender by writing style? It makes me think of victorian female authors who would pose as the men so that people would read their books because no one took women seriously. Ah, the good old days eh?
Old 05/06/2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Maybe I am a 12 year old school girl and interpol are on to you.

Do you think it's possible to tell gender by writing style? It makes me think of victorian female authors who would pose as the men so that people would read their books because no one took women seriously. Ah, the good old days eh?
cummmmmmmmmmmmmmmon now. i didn't mean it dat way
Old 05/06/2008, 09:59 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
cummmmmmmmmmmmmmmon now. i didn't mean it dat way
I was joking only.
Old 07/06/2008, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
I also see N more as a system of parallel processors and T as a series of logic gates, both sharing memory banks..
You see N as a system of parallel processors and T as a series of logical gates. Could not N simply be an information filter shaped by the directory that is created by the T series of logical gates? N and T must be cross-compatible and must share some common property in order to communicate. So N is the eye that mutates with the directory of the T memory? I think it makes sense since N is often wrong when associating new things with old things (though it is sharpening/improving over time during the expansion of the T directory). I like this way of thinking that you present here!!!!
Old 07/06/2008, 01:00 AM
the Omniscient

Quote:
You see N as a system of parallel processors and T as a series of logical gates. Could not N simply be an information filter shaped by the directory that is created by the T series of logical gates? N and T must be cross-compatible and must share some common property in order to communicate. So N is the eye that mutates with the directory of the T memory? I think it makes sense since N is often wrong when associating new things with old things (though it is sharpening/improving over time during the expansion of the T directory). I like this way of thinking that you present here!!!!
Thank you, I'm glad that you can appreciate it. I also agree with your concepts, but I think that T is a filter that can be arbitrarily applied in logical syntax and N is the parallel network of experiences that is essentially memory running uninhibited associations and so manifesting consciousness...your model is actually more fundamentally applicable and does away with the need for separate (and now redundant) storage of memory, which I also like. However, T and N are just names, and I believe that we can easily concur with regard to the underlying processes that are taking place.

u!

Quote:
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.
Old 07/06/2008, 01:25 AM

Default voodoo tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by time is being View Post
which links should we click on?
Why did you dig up this old clay ball "time is being", SG? I can still hear the echoes of King Kong. He was and will always be ISTj.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowpuppet View Post
Thank you, I'm glad that you can appreciate it. I also agree with your concepts, but I think that T is a filter that can be arbitrarily applied in logical syntax and N is the parallel network of experiences that is essentially memory running uninhibited associations and so manifesting consciousness...your model is actually more fundamentally applicable and does away with the need for separate (and now redundant) storage of memory, which I also like. However, T and N are just names, and I believe that we can easily concur with regard to the underlying processes that are taking place.
You mean T is filtering out the crap=inconsistent information, i.e it can only only perceive logical coherent information. N compares news with memories and is bored by identicalities!

Last edited by Vibration; 07/06/2008 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07/06/2008, 01:33 AM
the Omniscient

Exactly! According to this, Ne is responsible for the sense of interest or boredom, and Ti is particularly aware of syntactic correctness and how words relate to each other in meaning and structure; Ni addresses the inevitability of the future and the dimness of the past, and Te is responsible for the acquisition of relevant and useful information.

u!

Quote:
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.
Old 07/06/2008, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Exactly! According to this, Ne is responsible for the sense of interest or boredom, and Ti is particularly aware of syntactic correctness and how words relate to each other in meaning and structure; Ni addresses the inevitability of the future and the dimness of the past, and Te is responsible for the acquisition of relevant and useful information.
So I am must be NeTi or TiNe then. There is no other choice.

Consciousness is a difficult thing. For the moment I am considering Si as the symbol for consciousness (sensing internal states and other peoples internal states). This makes Si the supreme function of course... Forget about the magic N. N is really stupid compared to Si.
Old 07/06/2008, 01:45 AM
the Omniscient

Quote:
So I am must be NeTi or TiNe then. There is no other choice.

Consciousness is a difficult thing. For the moment I am considering Si as the symbol for consciousness (sensing internal states and other peoples internal states). This makes Si the supreme function of course... Forget about the magic N. N is really stupid compared to Si.
Would you consider N a more subconscious function then? SG and RSV3 are TiNe, Prometheus and I (shadowpuppet) are NiTe (there maybe a j preference for shorter names as LIIs like to be very concise)...I think that your dominant function will have to do with the way your attention is most commonly focused towards the present circumstances above all else.

u!

Quote:

Last edited by shadowpuppet; 07/06/2008 at 01:51 AM.
Old 07/06/2008, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Would you consider N a more subconscious function then? SG and RSV3 are TiNe, Prometheus and I (shadowpuppet) are NiTe (there maybe a j preference for shorter names as LIIs like to be very concise)...I think that your dominant function will have to do with the way your attention is most commonly focused towards the present circumstances above all else.
I mean take a look at people with leading N, they are/look lost. N always looks subconscious to observers. If I am interested I will be obsessed and no one can stop me. I will find a way around anything. But I will always look as if I am lost. I do not know if this makes N rmore subconscious. Ni people look even more lost.
Old 07/06/2008, 02:09 AM
the Omniscient

Quote:
Ni people look even more lost.
Thanks a lot...since I rarely look at all (Si is suppressed), I doubt I know how I look to you...

u!

Quote:
Old 07/06/2008, 03:04 AM

Quote:

Consciousness is a difficult thing. For the moment I am considering Si as the symbol for consciousness (sensing internal states and other peoples internal states.
I disagree.....

Let:
Consciousness =C
Unconsciousness = U
Ego=Ga
Superego=Gz
ALLego=G
^ = the change in (mathematical delta)
~= similarity (no change stable state)
ALL"ID"=D
C= ^G / ~D

U= ~G / ^D

G always rises from the depths of D thru change to form consciousness.

.....or something like that ....why should it be Si ?
Old 07/06/2008, 03:10 AM
the Omniscient

Quote:
I disagree.....

Let:
Consciousness =C
Unconsciousness = U
Ego=Ga
Superego=Gz
ALLego=G
^ = the change in (mathematical delta)
~= similarity (no change stable state)
ALL"ID"=D
C= ^G / ~D

U= ~G / ^D

G always rises from the depths of D thru change to form consciousness.

.....or something like that ....why should it be Si ?
Kensi, once again you have totally redefined socionics (as well as modern neurobiology and most of philosophy) by reducing consciousness to a byproduct of functions; what do you see as subconscious?

u!

Quote:
Old 07/06/2008, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Kensi, once again you have totally redefined socionics (as well as modern neurobiology and most of philosophy) by reducing consciousness to a byproduct of functions; what do you see as subconscious?
sorry.
Old 07/06/2008, 03:33 AM
the Omniscient

Quote:
sorry.
...for what? I agree with what you are saying, you are just defining the role of consciousness as opposed to its causes which was what we were discussing earlier...you make me realize that the real calculation probably occurs on the bridge, the subconscious, so that it can travel quickly to its destination and not bounce back and forth between the extremes if there is an inconsistency.

u!

Quote:

Last edited by shadowpuppet; 07/06/2008 at 03:39 AM.
Old 07/06/2008, 03:57 AM

Quote:

We should get S.G to install some scintific symbols in this typing format so i'm not cooking my food with a blowtorch ?

Quote:
...for what? I agree with what you are saying, you are just defining the role of consciousness as opposed to its causes which was what we were discussing earlier...you make me realize that the real calculation probably occurs on the bridge, the subconscious, so that it can travel quickly to its destination and not bounce back and forth between the extremes if there is an inconsistency.
I guess that it would have to be the other 2 scenarios not described,...i dunno. Keep it simple first.

Last edited by kensi; 07/06/2008 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost