Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 22/01/2006, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Hypothetical question

Well, hopefully I sent it to the right place. Let me know if I fouled up...
Old 23/01/2006, 02:39 PM

I have added the picture you sent to your profile.
Old 23/01/2006, 05:05 PM

Could Nyx be actually ESFj? People takeing MBTI can come up as their duals and then reading the description of INTp, they would like to be one.Descriptions say they are really smart and who likes to be a boring Traditionalist then. MBTI has this idea that it's better to be N than S. S are dull and unimaginative, Ns have imagination and intellectuality. Nobody would like to be unintelligent, specially if a scientithic theory says that S types are uncool with their conservatism and takeing things literally. Who wants to be told they are dumb? So people rather believe they are N types, instead of being S types.
Old 23/01/2006, 09:02 PM

That makes sense. At least its more reasonable than the "I like toast, most xxxxs like toast, so I must be an xxxx." approach I run across in other places.
...still doesn't make me ESFJ however.
Old 23/01/2006, 09:11 PM

I thought you wouldn't take ESFj comment seriously

The thing is, you make more coherent sense than a number of other INTps I've come across. This obviously does not mean much, but I found it a bit unusual.
Old 23/01/2006, 09:14 PM

I can't resist getting into arguments...err...debates..sometimes.
Coherent? Me? *dies of shock*
Old 23/01/2006, 09:28 PM

Hmm. Your sentences are logical. They make clrear point and are easy to understand. First of all this means you might be from the Alpha quadra, which makes it easy for me to understand you. Secondly, you are not INTp. INTp writes vague and sometimes contorversially. And the thing you don't like to show initative in makeing contacts, might show you have a weak . I think you might be ENTp. ENTps have trouble with relationships. They badly know the boundaries and this makes them unaware of who is a friend and who is not. They are afraid of getting hurt from the people. Being a Logical type they can't be very active for a longer time in the center of a company. People also don't understand ENTps very much. They are more down to earth and don't live so much inside of their own heads in the fantasies and analysations. So this type may make an impression like it came from an other planet.
Old 23/01/2006, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nyx:
I know I said this somewhere else, but I'll say it again.
My mother is one of the most wonderful people I know, and she and I are conflicting types: she's ESFJ and I'm INTP.
My bro is ESFp and I get along with him just fine. However, I have to say that if I would have not known the implications of a conflicting relationship it could have been much harder. Plus family members in general get different treatment than anyone else, so it helps. On the other hand family members could be really demanding because they think they can, as part of the family.

I don't suppose you would want to share any arguments you had with your mum that would hint about conflicting intertype relationship you might have.
Old 23/01/2006, 09:49 PM

Arguments tend to stem from the fact that we say the same thing different ways. ("It's a lovely day! Let's go for a walk" ... "I was rather hoping we could go for a walk instead.") It can get frustrating and lead to long disagreements if we don't step back and try to look at what the situation is from an objective point of view.
Old 24/01/2006, 08:15 AM

I'm quite comfortable with myself, regardless of what four letter acronym I come up, I don't try to be someone I'm not. No one type is superior to another.
Now I wish I had saved my initial test results. It seems I have no other way of proving I am what I say I am, and it's going to be second-guessed whenever I present an opinion. It's getting rather tiresome.

However, since the topic has been brought up:

Whatever else I may be, I assure you that I have never been an extrovert. No, I don't think it's fashionable to be otherwise, it has its good and its bad, and I am not trying to fit into a mold or some other such thing. There are times when even I can be quite sociable. But left to my own devices I prefer to be alone, enjoy time to myself, and abhor social situations that force me into small talk and nonesense. I almost never initiate conversation, do not approach strangers. I do not like the spotlight and will avoid it at all costs. I don't like having long laundry lists of acquaintances, I hardly speak out unless I find it necessary and do not go out of my way to socialize with others.
(and no I'm not saying that every extrovert in the world has all these traits in common, and anyone who doesn't have all these traits is automatically an introvert, or that it's bad to be outgoing and social, etc. But I do think several years of testing does have some merit, don't you think?)
Old 24/01/2006, 08:20 AM

Hey Nyx, you do know that there are extroverts who act similar to the way you described ... social outgoingness or reclusiveness has little to do with introversion and extroversion.
Old 24/01/2006, 08:38 AM

....I thought I made it clear that I was aware of that.

But please, since I'm obviously not in my element about this subject, tell us what does determine introversion or extroversion?
Old 24/01/2006, 08:58 AM

Hmmm, well going back Jung actually origionally described introversion and extroversion in very simple terms. Extroverts being more concerned with what goes on inside and outside of others and the surrounding in an impersonal way(representing an emphasis on space) and introversion as an awareness of what goes on inside and around you and how it relates to you specifically and personally (representing an emphasis on time).

So, when you think about that and in the context that Jung origionally intended, it is actually rather to silly to imply that people themselves are introverts and extroverts, when in reality it is actually the 8 functions people use that are introverted and extroverted.

However, if you want to throw blame around for screwing up Jung's theory with unnecessary stereotyping, point to Hans Eysenck. He challenged Jung on the concept of extraversion and introversion and introduced various bogus theories that have plagued personality theory since. He is also the reason why I believe that MBTI is so screwed up, since MBTI used Eysenck's theories of extraversion and introversion and not those of Jung.

Fortunatelly, Socionics follows closer to Jungs line of thinking and avoids the theories of Eysenck. Jung actually knew what he was talking about, Eysenck did not necessarily.
Old 25/01/2006, 12:51 AM

Hmmm, unfortunately this kind of misunderstanding can happen in any relationship when everybody talks but no one listens.
Old 25/01/2006, 03:22 PM

Not very illuminating?
Old 31/01/2006, 07:18 PM

Ok, I have replaced the old picture with a new one, which is definitely an improvement but still no way near the quality required for any kind of VI. I can imagine an INTj looking like that no probs so that's why I want to know Nyx, what makes you think you're INTp?
Old 31/01/2006, 07:39 PM

The bad pictures would be from my camera. I'm too cheap to get anything fancier...
Just the tests I've taken.
Old 05/02/2006, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nyx:
I saved the results, and here's the code.
ueynsMUyzWifUomSzZYIXTrrVtg1t1di1jotXFC-YPZzkvvXZ(1EshbwevgutibfyM}dUT(J@e1vg2
I will also take the functional analysis test when I am able.

Is the pic still necessary?
I just took the test myself... Hehe, I am ESTp!

j1EFzW2owUUwbt5uulgytU1eeV1ee4ee:2e5UersU1juryU1oe 2UosfryiH2n3vg
Old 11/11/2011, 06:58 PM

This would depend on the types in question, their type relations, and their Overall Life Experiences (OLE):

1. Environment: “The key is who did the upbringing”
2. Intelligence: “Lloyd Humphreys ...the resultant of the process of acquiring, storing in memory, retrieving, combining, comparing, and using in new contexts information and conceptual skills."
3. Age: “The greater the age the greater the opportunity to get it right”
4. Trials and tribulations: “What doesn’t kill us, makes us stronger”

NOTE: Two individuals may have the same personality type but our Overall Life Experiences make us truly unique.
Old 08/01/2012, 07:30 PM

you can't make two puzzle pieces that don't fit together, fit together

so i think it wouldn't work. even if they pushed it, the sparks wouldn't fly in the long run, and it would break

but thankfully they would at least understand why it wouldn't work, as oppose to just blindly arguing their sides