Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 15/03/2006, 06:48 PM

Default Re: The narrow-mindedness of Russian Socionics

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick:
To me he seems too emotionally detached to be an ENFp.
It doesn't matter, because he knows exactly how to provoke strong feelings in a viewer (knows exactly how to manipulate yours and mine ). This is one of the reasons he is successful as a movie director.
Old 15/03/2006, 06:50 PM

BR, I agree. I don't think Socionics will make it much further than it has gone if people use it as a false prop.

@Rick and Sergei,
I think Cameron is ENTp. If you compare cameron's ideas with Spielberg's I think that the difference in logic shows through. I find(personally) that spielberg's movies come across as very illogical and ridiculous. They also have ethically based themes. They express alot of possibilities but the focus seems to be a conflict of logic and ethics, ethics always being the victor. He is a "moral" man. When he talks I am often anxious for him to shut up.

With Cameron it is different. The Terminator storyline, for example, is all theoretical logic. Robots, warfare, time travel, organic vs. inorganic. The emphasis is hardly on morals, although morals play a part its obvious that is more of a "filler" for storyline. And when cameron talks I can relate and also I can gauge where he is going to far or is being too pompous... so I can predict when he is going to retreat and bring his sentences to a close.

These are just my own observations, but in my opinion these two men are very radical but also very different in how they express their ideas.
Old 15/03/2006, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick:
many socionists now think that da Vinci was ESTj, etc. But I think that type descriptions may be slower to recognize this fact.
Di Vinci ESTj? Hmmm, that guy used Ne through the room ... are you sure?
Old 15/03/2006, 09:48 PM

Rick is ENFp by the way. If someone don't know that.But very interesting ENFp for me, beucause I saw he's website (www.socionics.us) and he showed a lot of T to me. But I trusted him when he sayed he is ENFp. Someone living so long in Ukraine and studing socionics from the famous socionists, must know he's type for sure. So I got interested. Why does he look a lot like ENTp? SG says we have our hidden agenda. One can see how people like to be experts using it. This can make ENFp look like ENTp. So I was becoming satisfied with my answers. But not fully.

So I started to prepare myself for the insight to get some better answers.

And I got it. Suddenly it came to me. I realized he was not very creative with the material what he
was writing. He quoted the original material and then commented it. But never compared it with other research works. Like Dmitri Lytov does, which is why I think he is more likely to be ENTp than ENFp. ENTp has Ti as Creative function and he has the ability to tie it's discoveries with the already found scientithic opinions. Rick did not do like this. He's controll over he's T was a bit weak for that, as I thought when I read that website.

So I had discovered the difference between ENTp and ENFp, when ENFp is in the role of the scientist. ENFp doesn't like the feeling of comparing the different proved information to get the acceptance.

ENFp likes to be a person who can explain the idea of the theory. But not why the theory is true.

I hope I am right. I hope someone notices the same similarities between those two types.And he or she can also prove I am right. So that people can be better at typeing others.

PS. I hope that readers don't get very upset about my grammar mistakes.
Old 15/03/2006, 10:20 PM
Resident Transexual

1.) September, do you use your brain at all?

2.) Does he look ENTp to you? Or does just everyone look ENTp to you because any behaviour can be justified in the ENTp framework?

3.) Not creative? Comparing him to Lytov? Uh, not that I know much about Lytov's works, Rick's website is already immeasurably better, has interesting new ideas, and is quite informative.

Lytov might have some works somewhere, but his site is still lacking alot of information.

I seriously am astonished how some people can reason certain "types" out of being able to be smart, even to the point where they can disregard things that are very apparent.

If you were given the same thing by an ENTp, you would be like "wow, creative Ti, awesome!" and "oh you silly crazy smart ENTp's!, you are just too smart for this world!"

If you want to learn to type people, stop trying to take away talents from them because you don't think they "should" have them.

Whether or not you know English, it is still clear to me that your little post would be tactless in any language.
Old 15/03/2006, 10:41 PM

I didn't mean he is not talented! I meant he get's he's satisfaction from science from doing something else. From teaching others to understand the basics.
Like Huxly popularized the theory of evolution.

No type is superior to others. But there might be paradigmas, which are superior from others. Like the paradigma of explaining the causes of mental ilnesses with psychology is better than doing it by explaining it with the ghosts gone inside of somebody. And who says that scientithic paradigma is the most ultimate?

You can read Ken Wilber and think of that.

BTW, what is your type?
Old 15/03/2006, 11:04 PM
Resident Transexual

I am an NT type of some-sort.

Anyway, September, you come of as real patronizing and there is way too much of that garbage already floating around here.

Like that whole idea of "multiple intellegences" that you suck at some areas and are good at some areas.

While this junk may or may not be true, I think it is kind of stupid to just accept it really. People are too quick to just accept weakness and be done with it.

Like some person might type themselves as ENTp and use that as an "excuse" for why they piss people off all the time.

No. No excuses. If you suck, you suck. Not your type.

Some people (esp. intuitive it seems) get pushed around by thier own selves, and even silly little theories that they read. Like they want a rest from feeling bad about themselves, or some other such nonsense.

Anyway...

I think you are seeing things. People of a certain type can pretty much do whatever the hell they want to do. I think types only really matter in a social context.

But what the hell do I know anyway...
Old 16/03/2006, 08:11 AM

If I had it my way I would have prohibited the use of historical figures as examples to illustrate types, because: a) The information could have got distorted with the age. b) The fact that we still know about them is because they were not ordinary people. Doing it so that you can show what people of certain type can achieve as a model for inspiration is not very clever, because achievements are the results of strictly personal qualities. I don't want to know what type Da Vinci was, let the man rest in peace...
Old 16/03/2006, 08:15 AM

"but what the hell do I know anyway"

Well, you seem to be pretty good at talking about how much you think people suck and how stupid you think people are.
Old 16/03/2006, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Cancel wrote:
September, do you use your brain at all?
Cancel, are you a dummy?

Quote:
Cancel wrote:
I seriously am astonished how some people can reason certain "types" out of being able to be smart, even to the point where they can disregard things that are very apparent.
You're not serious.

Quote:
Cancel wrote:
Whether or not you know English, it is still clear to me that your little post would be tactless in any language.
Your post is like dirty underwears.
Old 16/03/2006, 03:33 PM
Resident Transexual

Quote:
Originally posted by Epic:
"but what the hell do I know anyway"

Well, you seem to be pretty good at talking about how much you think people suck and how stupid you think people are.
Thank you!

I guess I am pretty good at that. I'm sure you guys can handle it. Especially you, Epicurean, with your big ol' ego.

Quote:
Vibe:
Cancel, are you a dummy?
You're not serious.
Your post is like dirty underwears.
Yes, I am a dummy.
No, I'm not too serious.
And I liked my post.

Do we really want to keep the attitude that only NT types can be creative and logical?

I mean, then everybody who feels like they want to be creative and logical will just call themselves an NT type or something.

Well, I guess who really cares if people are getting wrong types for themselves? Then we can all just ignore what everybody says about everything, and just stick to posting our little theories about brains, and thinking; and stay away from real observations.

Yeah, sounds good, watevrh.

Even if I was being a bit 'dirty underwears' I still got YOUR attention, didn't I?
Old 16/03/2006, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Even if I was being a bit 'dirty underwears' I still got YOUR attention, didn't I?
Annoying...
Old 16/03/2006, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cancel:

I guess I am pretty good at that. I'm sure you guys can handle it. Especially you, Epicurean, with your big ol' ego.
oh, I can handle it, it just looked silly.

As for the Epicurean thing... well, I try to live in excess when the opportunity arises. Makes up for how little I do it.

> > > / >

And the only reason you don't like my ego is cause it's bigger than yours.
Old 16/03/2006, 04:02 PM
Resident Transexual

OH MY GOD!!!!

Is that a whacking off smiley face?

ahahahahhaahahahhaahha

Old 16/03/2006, 04:03 PM

Yes, it's cumming.
Old 16/03/2006, 04:23 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if all of you guys are ENTps, including Cancel... AHAHAHAHA!
Old 16/03/2006, 05:28 PM
Resident Transexual

Ha! Yeah, I haven't been around here long enough, but you will probably notice that I go from thinking I am INTp to ENTp to INTp to ENTp to....

But still, it is sometimes hard to accept because ENTp is so damn idealized...like you said.
Old 16/03/2006, 05:37 PM

Quote:
But still, it is sometimes hard to accept because ENTp is so damn idealized...like you said. [/QB]
Don't flatter yourself...
Old 16/03/2006, 06:00 PM
Resident Transexual

Quote:
Originally posted by Vibration:
Quote:
But still, it is sometimes hard to accept because ENTp is so damn idealized...like you said.
Don't flatter yourself...
Well, the only thing wrong with them is that they are really annoying and don't understand boundaries.

But I guess if a person is an ENTp, then they don't really care about these things anyway, so then it sounds idealized.

Ah! Wait, maybe that proves it. Cause shouldn't you see no bad things about your own type from your own point of view?

Huh, I think I get it now...cool.
Old 16/03/2006, 06:08 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Cancel:
Quote:

But I guess if a person is an ENTp, then they don't really care about these things anyway, so then it sounds idealized.

Ah! Wait, maybe that proves it. Cause shouldn't you see no bad things about your own type from your own point of view?

Huh, I think I get it now...cool.
Yes! That's how it works! Now I know you!