Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 16/04/2008, 07:35 PM

hi i'm sara. i learned about socionics two years ago i think. i never got too serious with learning about socionics so i still don't know too much about it.

i am a 6w5 in enneagram, no doubt about it. as for socionics, i think i'm but i'm not sure because i can be emotionally unstable.
Old 17/04/2008, 05:02 AM

Hi, I'm new here... Just found this by accident really... Or maybe not; can't be too sure.

Other wise, I was given a test some years back... Not quite sure when, it's been a while. Scored ENTP; which, when it was explained to me I immediately called foul. NTs are great, but there's something about being rational I just can't do. I'm not a fan of logic or the logical; just way too mechanical for me. As it is I'm basically an INFX... Yeah, I have a bit of problem with the J/P aspect; and to be truthful I'm usually a bit X on the I/E part, but I seriously believe I can attest to being an I.
Old 26/04/2008, 12:34 AM

Hello all.

To start off, my name is Steve(n). I am at the very young age of 14 years. I discovered the Myers/Briggs test a few weeks ago, and scored ISTJ. Ever since then, I'll admit I've become a bit obsessive over learning more and more about myself. So, I hope to learn more here about myself and my dual.
Old 29/04/2008, 12:17 AM

Default Morning sunshine

Hi I am Amazing! and I am an ENTP or inventor role variant. I am pretty familiar with the Mbti but not Socionics. So I plan on majoring in nano-tech when I go away to college in the fall. My other interests include pretty much everything. Well most specifically movies, philosophy, and politics. I look forward to chatting.
Old 29/04/2008, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing! View Post
Hi I am Amazing! and I am an ENTP or inventor role variant. I am pretty familiar with the Mbti but not Socionics. So I plan on majoring in nano-tech when I go away to college in the fall. My other interests include pretty much everything. Well most specifically movies, philosophy, and politics. I look forward to chatting.
Forgive me for stating the obvious, but you're Amazing!
Old 30/04/2008, 10:16 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
Forgive me for stating the obvious, but you're Amazing!
who is this SG guy?
Old 11/05/2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing! View Post
I am amazed by you!

(I play violin/guitarr/accordion have composed over 200 songs, play golf, squash/tennis/soccer/icehockey, arranged and wrote over 30 burlesques, own 9 patents etc.

Hahahaha!
Old 12/05/2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
I am amazed by you!

(I play violin/guitarr/accordion have composed over 200 songs, play golf, squash/tennis/soccer/icehockey, arranged and wrote over 30 burlesques, own 9 patents etc.

Hahahaha!
Are you serious?...I can't tell.
Old 12/05/2008, 08:47 PM

Thumbs up Introducing myself

Quote:
Here you go, the introduction thread, to make it a bit easier for the newcomers I'll start...

Hi everyone! I'm SG the creator of socionics.com. ...
Hi SG and everybody!
This portal is really great! I have got first information about Socionics from my friend who travelled to Ukraine and Russia. We are from Czech Republic and we don't have any materials translated, so we are translating from english and russian to czech everything. I have oriented in this "science" very quickly and I understand! I can confirm many theories from my life and my intuition. And socionics gives me certainty, that I was truth in everything. I'm Dostojevskij archetype (INFj).

I'm freelance webdesigner, graphic and coder. Now I work in feng-shui/green architect atelier. SG, you are manager or webdesigner too ?

I think that can be very interesting to share, where peoples of different types found their right fateful jobs. For me, I can say that I'm still finding . But I have a right direction I think. I'm studying special Waldorf pedagogic. I can imagine me at work as personal consultant, feng-shui consultant or as an executive in justice of the peace .

But, how I understand socionics, important is develop our abilities, perceive and overcome our weakness and grow to integrality without any habitual behaviours. Tend towards conscious act.

Cheers Jirka
Old 12/05/2008, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Are you serious?...I can't tell.
Yes in this particular case I am. Dont for one second think that I get happy through mastering many things -on the contrary. No one gets happy that way anyway. Skills are measured objectively, i.e., by everyone but ourselves, i.e, skills are reflected qualities -they dont come from within, they are expected, hoped and dreamed of by other people with other peoples preferences/values.

It is much better to be a light bulb than a mirror. Emission is greater than reflection.

Quote:
Yes in this particular case I am. Dont for one second think that I get happy through mastering many things -on the contrary. No one gets happy that way anyway. Skills are measured objectively, i.e., by everyone but ourselves, i.e, skills are reflected qualities -they dont come from within, they are expected, hoped and dreamed of by other people with other peoples preferences/values.

It is much better to be a light bulb than a mirror. Emission is greater than reflection.
Basically, I wonder if many other ENTps suffer from the same dilemma, i.e., they have to prove things to other people. And that causes meaningless pain.
I smell a lot of prestige in all ENTps I know.

Last edited by Vibration; 12/05/2008 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 13/05/2008, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Basically, I wonder if many other ENTps suffer from the same dilemma, i.e., they have to prove things to other people. And that causes meaningless pain.
I smell a lot of prestige in all ENTps I know.
I think maybe we want to do this, but often we just hop around because we can't find anything worth doing that will garner us the objective esteem we desire.

I think the esteem of people is very important for me.
Old 13/05/2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:

Although I'm already impressed with your achievements, I disagree with your above statement. You need both...sometimes you need to step back to move forward.
Old 13/05/2008, 03:29 PM
Gone on holiday...

Reflecting, emitting, what about absorbing
Old 13/05/2008, 09:21 PM

I guess cyclops prefers the light/mirror/sponge metaphor

Hi, my username is Dewy. This is not my name, and is often misleading because I am also not male, but female. I'm ENTp to the bone, 7w6. Despite my "inventor" nature, I'm currently pursuing a degree in History and intend to continue into graduate studies in Gender and Family History. This may seem a little odd, but I believe this drive stems from my desire to rationalize that which eludes me most: emotions and relationships.

And now with intros out of the way I can throw in my two cents worth! I'm not really sure what you're trying to say, Vibration. Are you saying that ENTps, by nature of their desire to be good at everything can never master anything, will always merely reflect, and therefore are shallow and never find self-satisfaction in what they do? They're always struggling to prove themselves and are never satisfied with their own accomplishments? While I think this idea has merit, I don't think it's necessarily true. Perhaps part of the journey as ENTp is recognizing your strengths and weaknesses. Yes, I know I try to be well-rounded and always want to be #1, but I tend to recognize my own strengths and find satisfaction from those instead. Life's a game and the best way to win is to play with a comparative advantage.
Old 14/05/2008, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Although I'm already impressed with your achievements, I disagree with your above statement. You need both...sometimes you need to step back to move forward.
Thing is, I (me myself), am not impressed by my skills because I let other people choose what skills I should develop most of the time and I (besides hating myself for that) slowly start to realize that I should not do that because it destroys my happiness. BTW, is not this what type theory is all about really? Realizing what you are good at -what you like about yourself what other people appreciate in you -and then trying to find the overlap between those in order to figure out what you possibly should do with your life? Or?

I guess reflection is inevitable basis for all types since we need input to generate output. But I would like to stress that MUCH output can be produced with VERY VERY VERY VERY little input -is it not this that distinguishes the human being? An animal reacts quickly on input but a human can wait and process (sometimes years) and then come up with something really special-unique-adequate-practical at the time when it is needed the most. I agree, as you say, taking a step back to move forward is really included in this processing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Reflecting, emitting, what about absorbing
Well absorbing is the memory function -like an imprinted baby reptile that fortunately survives the attack by the eagle and then learns to never challenge big birds again. Spine based absorbing is very fast reliable efficient -like bicycling. And I like bicycling.

But what about lasering -creating stimulated emission instead? The contents of the message line up in parallell, become a coherent brilliant laser beam shining on a focused spot creating deep understanding within that illuminated area!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewy View Post
I guess cyclops prefers the light/mirror/sponge metaphor

Hi, my username is Dewy. This is not my name, and is often misleading because I am also not male, but female. I'm ENTp to the bone, 7w6. Despite my "inventor" nature, I'm currently pursuing a degree in History and intend to continue into graduate studies in Gender and Family History. This may seem a little odd, but I believe this drive stems from my desire to rationalize that which eludes me most: emotions and relationships.

And now with intros out of the way I can throw in my two cents worth! I'm not really sure what you're trying to say, Vibration. Are you saying that ENTps, by nature of their desire to be good at everything can never master anything, will always merely reflect, and therefore are shallow and never find self-satisfaction in what they do? They're always struggling to prove themselves and are never satisfied with their own accomplishments? While I think this idea has merit, I don't think it's necessarily true. Perhaps part of the journey as ENTp is recognizing your strengths and weaknesses. Yes, I know I try to be well-rounded and always want to be #1, but I tend to recognize my own strengths and find satisfaction from those instead. Life's a game and the best way to win is to play with a comparative advantage.
Hahahaha! I really like your intro! You are like eye-dew to me Dewy (I dare not speculate further why you chose that name)! Anyway I really enjoyed THAT emotional part in your intro.

I am saying that ENTps are unhappy cheer-themselves-up-people. They can master things like any type of course but... -that emotional thing again… procrastination (or was it pro-castration?) is the key word. Never content = never happy. There is now dew simply.
There must be some exceptions of course. Do you know of any?

Conerning personal strengths, basically, as an ENTp (for what I know) your talents could be your enemy #1. Is not this whole text a brilliant example of destructive self inflation? Hahaha!

Last edited by Vibration; 14/05/2008 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 14/05/2008, 01:59 AM

Ah, Vibration, your penchant for the double entendre is fun. ENTp's and their word games, no?

The name is a derivative of an old user name I had back when I used to do competitive creative writing. I shortened it to Dewy when after the nickname had stuck in the forums.

I can see where you're coming from. Since ENTps are never content to stay in one place long, they can never settle and fall into being content. But I would argue that being content doesn't necessarily equate happiness. I love jumping from one thing to another and it truly makes me happy. For some, like me, being content means being in a rut. Constant change drives me and I thrive on the chaos of it. I can't imagine simply being "content". I think it might make me claustrophobic. That might just be my youth talking, though
Old 14/05/2008, 02:19 AM

Quote:
I can see where you're coming from. Since ENTps are never content to stay in one place long, they can never settle and fall into being content. But I would argue that being content doesn't necessarily equate happiness.
Yes. And this is the hell of an ENTp... Haha!

Quote:
I love jumping from one thing to another and it truly makes me happy. For some, like me, being content means being in a rut. Constant change drives me and I thrive on the chaos of it. I can't imagine simply being "content". I think it might make me claustrophobic. That might just be my youth talking, though
Well exactly. But life has other plans for us... In the end the world will try to change us as well as the other way around... And again, this is the hell (paradise?) of an ENTp.

The Duracell rabbit can only jump for so long!

I think old ENTps are happy -they succumb to reality in the end.

What can be more amazing than living in the here and now with your five senses? Direct contact with reality.
Old 14/05/2008, 02:21 AM
Gone on holiday...

Emit, mirror, absorb the "light", my attempt at word play.
Old 14/05/2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Thing is, I (me myself), am not impressed by my skills because I let other people choose what skills I should develop most of the time and I (besides hating myself for that) slowly start to realize that I should not do that because it destroys my happiness. BTW, is not this what type theory is all about really? Realizing what you are good at -what you like about yourself what other people appreciate in you -and then trying to find the overlap between those in order to figure out what you possibly should do with your life? Or?

I know exactly what you mean (with the exception of people telling me what to do). I think the problem lies in excessive use of intuition. It's like a power surge that drains all the batteries quickly. I often find myself in semi-vegetative state, when all the power but the minimal life support is diverted to 'front phasers'. That lack of energy after long periods of using intuition often makes me unhappy. I think the key is to take breaks when needed, but you probably know (judging by your exceptional productivity) that's once you pop you can't stop. Other than that, I'd also like to know the secret of eternal happiness
Old 14/05/2008, 06:35 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean (with the exception of people telling me what to do). I think the problem lies in excessive use of intuition.
Is doing what other people want-letting them choose what you do or learn an intuition thing? Why? I thought maybe that sort of thing..sounds like trying to get other peoples praise and what have you..could *possibly* be related to ENTp HA to be loved?

Quote:
It's like a power surge that drains all the batteries quickly. I often find myself in semi-vegetative state, when all the power but the minimal life support is diverted to 'front phasers'. That lack of energy after long periods of using intuition often makes me unhappy. I think the key is to take breaks when needed, but you probably know (judging by your exceptional productivity) that's once you pop you can't stop. Other than that, I'd also like to know the secret of eternal happiness
Do you mean that when you turn on you're Ne that you neglect your Si needs in a way, so that you end up letting yourself become drained and overworked?