Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 04/05/2011, 08:22 PM

Default New discovery by the psychologist

The psychologist today fascinated me. She discovered something I didn't know about me. She said that I like to have power, which is why I don't like groups and crowds. I can handle a one-to-one relationship because I can control one person. But in a group my voice is not heard much.

This further supports the hypothesis of beta ST.
Old 04/05/2011, 09:18 PM

No, not necessarily. Knew a person on which what you said fits too. That person was clearly not a beta ST. Just saying...
Old 05/05/2011, 07:15 PM

Either there's some other important information we don't have, or your psychologist is perhaps projecting a little.

I hate crowds and prefer one-on-one relationships too, but not because I "want power" or "can control one person". In fact, it's at the core of my beliefs that the desire for power over others is exactly what's wrong with our entire species. If she were saying it from the idea that a crowd limits your means to "defend yourself" against imposition of will, and that one person is easier to defend against, so to speak, then I could see that.

Reflect and decide for yourself if what she said fits, or if she's only got a vague idea. Remember a psychologist is just another person - they don't magically know everything about everyone who talks to them.
Old 06/05/2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valori View Post
Either there's some other important information we don't have, or your psychologist is perhaps projecting a little.

Reflect and decide for yourself if what she said fits, or if she's only got a vague idea. Remember a psychologist is just another person - they don't magically know everything about everyone who talks to them.
and as you have absolutely zero context with which to evaluate complicater-complexer or complicater-complexer's clinician, all of the same things can and should be said about you.
Old 06/05/2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itinerant_stapler71 View Post
and as you have absolutely zero context with which to evaluate complicater-complexer or complicater-complexer's clinician, all of the same things can and should be said about you.
You should perhaps try actually reading what I posted rather than immediately jumping at every chance to openly display yourself as such an imbecilic troll.

*adds to ignore list*
Old 07/05/2011, 05:40 AM

(getting back on topic)
While I don't think it necessarily *proves* you're a Beta ST, I think it fits well with the idea that you are Beta ST.
Personally, I get the sense that you're a type with Se in your ego block, but take that with a grain of salt, since it's hard to properly get a sense for someone's type over the internet.
Old 18/05/2011, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter View Post
No, not necessarily. Knew a person on which what you said fits too. That person was clearly not a beta ST. Just saying...
What evidence proves the psychologist is or not a beta ST, or even just a beta in general? You say its 'clear' but it looks like you don't have very much to go on with that response

I'm also thinking he is talking about his own type, not the psychologist's.
Old 18/05/2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfever765 View Post
What evidence proves the psychologist is or not a beta ST, or even just a beta in general? You say its 'clear' but it looks like you don't have very much to go on with that response

I'm also thinking he is talking about his own type, not the psychologist's.
... 'n so did I.
Old 06/06/2011, 03:23 AM

I'm curious if I can help, so I will try.

This is the way I use Socionics. The leading is a genetic predisposition and the creative is a tabula rasa.

Basically, the leading is sort of a world-view or personal genetic disposition that you project onto the world (your soul). Your creative evolves from the PoLR. Having your PoLR attacked develops the demonstrative which causes you to expand energy into developing the demonstrative to avoid it; then the creative becomes a natural relief from the demonstrative (opposing function elements) and a focus of the ego. The HA helps balance the creative, so it is also appreciated.

The superid helps balance the ego's goals and I'm quite sure that's what socionics intends to explain in modeling this in each type.

That said, you should understand that Se is the function that deals with person/object organization in the moment as they are and not what they could be (Ne).

So from this if you go through what all the functions mean, very basically, what function do you think you have unconsciously been avoiding with your demonstrative? It's not uncommon to mistake the demonstrative for a conscious one, since the distinction is rather philosophical than concrete in socionics.