View Single Post
Old 23/09/2008, 01:34 AM
the Omniscient

I have done it! I have broken the link!

My model for epistemological inference corresponds exactly to Gulenko's 'Thought Styles'!

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=12939

Cause-Effect (analytical/positive/deductive) => Ætiologic
Holographic (analytical/negative/inductive) => Nomothetic
Synergistic (synthetic/positive/inductive) => Bayesian
Dialectic (synthetic/negative/deductive) => Frequentist

Bayesian methods combine probabilities a priori:

Synergistic - The behavior of this flow cannot be predicted. At its basis lies [ispytatelnost] - advance to the purpose through the tests and the errors. It it is possible to in a sense compare with the experiment in the laboratory, which is the brain of man. Synergists do not confuse temporary failures and current errors. They undertake attempt after the attempt, until success finally comes to them.

Nomothetic taxonomies implement inductive categorization systems:

Holographic - Code name of this intellectual style - holographic, or [polnoopisatelnoe] thinking. Term originates from the Ancient Greek words of holos - entire, whole and grapho - I write. As the base of this designation served the capability of holographers for the very tight packing of information according to the method “similar in similar”.

Ætiology is the deductive analysis of cause and effect.

Cause-effect - Cause-effect intellect is known under the synonymous names formal logical, or deterministic thinking. In both cases its rigid nature is emphasized. Speech during this thinking takes shape with the aid of the bonds (unions of reason) “since”, “because”, “consequently”. Mental process itself consists in the construction of the chains of cause and effect. They reduce the explanation to the indication of generating reason.

Frequentism only accepts probabilities a posteriori:

Dialectic - The quantum- probabilistic picture of peace, manufactured by nonclassical physics, corresponds to dialectical thinking. According to this paradigm, there are no rigid laws, are only tendencies probabilities. Absolutizing dynamic pole, it entertained idea itself that “into one river it cannot be entered twice”, because to entering second time flow already other waters.

u!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.