View Single Post
Old 11/06/2010, 01:29 AM

Quote:
The "narcissism" bit jumped out, thought maybe it wasn't quite coming from an INTp perspective, at least not that of those I've known who're also familiar with socionics.
Narcissism is the personality trait of egotism denoting vanity, conceit, egotism or simple selfishness. Applied to a social group, it is sometimes used to denote elitism or an indifference to the plight of others.

Refusing to stop badgering another seems to fit the bill, even if, or perhaps especially if, this unsolicited guidance is well intended.

Quote:
2 words I'd describe INTp way of speaking by: terse and anticlimactic.
I'm much more expressive on the page than in person. In meatspace it might be difficult to get more than a "Hmmm" or an "I see" out of me all day, though people say I've got a way with words and I can be very talkative if a subject comes up that I've given much thought. Also, Gabriel Garcia Marquez is described as ILI on many a socionics site and his books contain some of the longest, most colorful sentences around, and Balzac, after whom the type is often named, didn't stint when it came to throwing words around either.

Quote:
Most Fi or Fi valuers tend to be anticlimactic, ime: nothing dramatic, unless they're joking around or making fun of themselves. Also, can't remember what thread it was on, but you posted somewhere about being bothered (or sth along those lines, can't remember verbatim) for having used one word instead of another in some post! LOL, can't really see INTp doing that, again, imo.
Guess who was making fun of himself.

Quote:
I don't know your life experiences or circumstances and prefer not to probe into *private* "flunked romances" . BTW, hope you're good and not feeling down on account of that last bit you speak of.
Thanks. Romantic entanglements are my Achilles heel and I hope to never go through such a wringer again, though it has been particularly educational. Seems I need to be more mindful of others and soften my criticisms to prevent from trampling people's tender feelings with the truth.