View Single Post
Old 11/05/2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Wish I knew what's changed for Libya to move from an 'ally' to enemy, as up until recently the UK have been supplying Libya with miltary hardware and training.
Well, I think Gaddafi has been a thorn in other governments side since a very long time. So, what if Gaddafi's approach towards the opposition was just the straw that broke the camel's back...
... and the good thing with supplying such regimes with military hardward and training is, if it comes to the crunch one at least knows what equipement they possess and how capable they are and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Of course now that the rebels have admitted they have links with al-qaeda and that they contain some of the same people who've fought the allies in Afghanistan then it makes perfect sense to help them into power
Sarcasm, huh? lol
One probably can't dismiss that certain individuals amongst the opposition have links to AQ, the reason why I would not provide them weapons, but I highly doubt that the vast majority of the opposition has links to AQ ... unless someone can provide cogently evidences. Until then, I just doubt that these radicals are actually strong enough to take over the country and I also doubt that the vast majority of the opposition share or actually support their ideology. Right now, they are useful for them because any "fighter" counts.