Thread: J/P?
View Single Post
Old 16/06/2010, 09:58 PM

Well, as Ive said I don't actually have much time for this but I can't stop thinking about it. I must solve this puzzle! I came across something interesting in a Myers-Briggs description of ESTJs. I know the types don't always directly correspond but I just have to figure out why he seems so intuitive. I know him well and I'm not imagining it, I know.

"Extraverted iNtuition
As the ESTJ matures, and as situations arise which call for suspension of criticism, Extraverted iNtuition is allowed to play. Under the leadership of the Te function, iNtuition gravitates toward the discovery of broad categories which at worst amount to stereotypes. Those ESTJs who hone their Ne abilities may find success in academia. (I've encountered ESTJs whose Ne overshadows the auxiliary Si function--for whatever reason--to the extent that there is an appearance of NT radical geekism.)"

I wonder if this explains his "NT geekism" and intuition? His father is a professor and always tried to groom him for an academic career. Could all his academic pursuits have helped him hone his Ne? In all my intellectual discussions with him, his Ne , or what seems to be Ne, really comes out. Could this be why I'm perceiving this as his creative function?