Socionics Forums

Socionics Forums (http://www.socionics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ramble Mumble (http://www.socionics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Type me, type me! (http://www.socionics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14)

Prometheus 09/03/2006 12:16 PM

Re: Type me, type me!

Nyx! Based only on your initial description of yourself, I think you are probably the same type as me, i.e. INTj or INTp.

Gilligan 09/03/2006 12:44 PM

Another thing to take into consideration is that I take medications that increase my dopamine. If you go back and read my posts at the16types.info from about 2 months ago, you will see a change, I'm sure.

SG 09/03/2006 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gilligan:
I don't really see the case for Se dominance. Could you be more specific about what the signs are for this in me?

Well, I am yet to see your Ne. To be interested in Ne if you are an Ne type is not enough. Ne types show Ne. If you think you can show Ne, be my guest show it to me, I can tell Ne when I see it, it's my favourite. In my opinion the only thing you have demonstrated so far that remotely relates you to an ENTp is your Ti and a bit of Fe HA. But ENTps and ESTps are practically the same when it comes to these two functions. You said yourself you're a bit of a narcissist. What do you think this is? Ne or Se? Would you say you quite enjoy posing in front of a camera or checking yourself in the mirror? I've seen your pictures.

Why do you need to increase your dopamine, because you are some sort of ADD/ADHD? If this is the case then this is your answer to everything, your quick change of interests, your intuitiveness and your lack of Se. Nevertheless, your Se is all over your face: heavy chin, large mouth, large nose, thick lips, thick eyebrows, curly hair, piercing eyes, etc. ENTps are more refined than that. I realise it sounds ridiculous and of course any one of those features on its own means nothing but all together they mean something. I would say that the only feature that may indicate intuitiveness is that you have elongated face and some facial features, but these just merely show that you have predisposition to intuition, that intuition could be of more concern to you than it would be to some short fat sensing guy, for example. I have also met an ESTp and ESFp with similar facial set up as yours, that's why I am quite confident about your Se and not entirely sure that you're not an ESFp. By the way I wonder who told you that you were an ESFp?

This is it, this is the best I can do to explain to you why I don't think you're an ENTp and why I think you might be an ESTp instead, or even ESFp.

Gilligan 09/03/2006 05:45 PM

Fair enough. I appreciate your effort, and I will take your points into consideration. Thank you for your time.

SG 09/03/2006 06:47 PM

Thank you as well. I've had similar argument before with a woman that was convinced she was an INTj but happened to be an ISTp. Funny enough her best friends were all Delta. So there is not much novelty for me in here, just another exception to the "book of rules".

Gilligan 09/03/2006 08:26 PM

I'm concerned now: I just got my test results back from Dmitri Lytov and he says there is a very small probability of me being anything other than ILE. SLE was the third most likely result, after ILE and IEE(probability: 1 ILE, .68 IEE, .46 SLE). If you'd like, I'll send you the Excel file to analyze.

rmcnew 09/03/2006 08:38 PM

I agree with SG, and I had previously speculated that Gilligan probably has Ni or Se as a first function previous to reading this; though, every time I said something someone tried to shoot me down, so I stopped saying it.

rmcnew 09/03/2006 08:47 PM

Quote:

I'm concerned now: I just got my test results back from Dmitri Lytov and he says there is a very small probability of me being anything other than ILE. SLE was the third most likely result, after ILE and IEE(probability: 1 ILE, .68 IEE, .46 SLE). If you'd like, I'll send you the Excel file to analyze.
I think there is a great likelihood that many of those questions were predictable for you and therefore a possible degree of error exists.

SG 09/03/2006 09:35 PM

Quote:

Dmitri Lytov? I think you should go with his results then...

Gilligan 09/03/2006 09:41 PM

Well, that's just a test. We'll see what happens when he analyzes my writing sample and pictures, if he does; he asked for them, but I'm not sure to what extent he intends to use them.

SG 09/03/2006 09:46 PM

Did he ask you for a urine sample yet?

Epic 09/03/2006 11:07 PM

SG, are you and Lytov in some sort of competition with eachother? Do you not like eachother?

SG 09/03/2006 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by rmcnew:
I agree with SG, and I had previously speculated that Gilligan probably has Ni or Se as a first function previous to reading this; though, every time I said something someone tried to shoot me down, so I stopped saying it.
I can see what you mean - free thinking is punishable by mob. I would have not lasted there I know. Just imagine a hypothetical situation, one day you change your views in the light of some new information you receive, which is not uncommon. How would the mob react to that? Would they welcome the new you with open arms or would they shoot you down on the take off? You know the answer already. That's why I would not even contemplate a possibility of joining because I can't stand mob mentality.

SG 09/03/2006 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Epic:
SG, are you and Lytov in some sort of competition with eachother? Do you not like eachother?
Competition? I reckon this is what he thinks.

Gilligan 10/03/2006 03:10 AM

So why exactly should I trust him over you, Sergei? More experience?

SG 10/03/2006 06:08 AM

Sorry, I thought you would understand the sarcasm in my comment...

Gilligan 10/03/2006 08:53 AM

Damn the internet http://intjworld.com/forums/ubbthrea...mlins/wink.gif

What's so bad about Dmitri Lytov?

SG 10/03/2006 02:38 PM

I take the Fifth on that...

Gilligan 10/03/2006 04:36 PM

Oh come on.

SG 10/03/2006 05:23 PM

Well ok, fine, let's say I disagree with his methods.

But this is not as interesting as the situation you are actually in at the moment. On one hand you realise that there might be some sense in what I said about your type, on the other hand you have all these clueless people telling you that you're an ENTp. You tried to have it your way, but you soon realised you could lose your popularity if you continue and you don't want to be unpopular because you quite enjoy all the attention you can get. All those people, they don't really give a shit about you or your type, for them it is all an entertaining power game. All they are interested in is to have their influence over you. I am afraid you are stuck with ENTp. But look at it on the bright side, you can always doubt your type from time to time to get yourself under a spotlight. All you need is to agree back to ENTp when you are done, isn't it wonderful? I don't know but you can always ask McNew.