Socionics Forums

Socionics Forums (http://www.socionics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ramble Mumble (http://www.socionics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Typing Kensi: Who is He? Is he the ENFp(sub ENTp) he claims to be ? (http://www.socionics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=864)

kensi 02/06/2008 08:07 AM

[quote=RSV3;9966]quote]
is this before or after you viewed the video?

RSV3 02/06/2008 08:12 AM

I watched the video and he seems more introverted. But regardless of David West, I'm still going with INFp for you.

kensi 02/06/2008 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSV3 (Post 9970)
I watched the video and he seems more introverted. But regardless of David West, I'm still going with INFp for you.

but watching the video and picking up psychological energies should be easier to do than studying someone's writing style.... videos you would think are a lot more accurate than pictures too?

RSV3 02/06/2008 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kensi (Post 9973)
but watching the video and picking up psychological energies should be easier to do than studying someone's writing style.... videos you would think are a lot more accurate than pictures too?

Yeah, but I'm also terrible at VI and don't really rely on it too much.

kensi 02/06/2008 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSV3 (Post 9975)
Yeah, but I'm also terrible at VI and don't really rely on it too much.

fair enough, its just hard to believe, i rely a lot on V.I.











.....i'm still not convinced that i should accept your proposals (their still proposals from my own point of view) of INFp and ENFj

Cyclops 02/06/2008 08:57 AM

It would be more useful if it was a video of yourself

kensi 02/06/2008 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclops (Post 9979)
It would be more useful if it was a video of yourself

i dont have any experience sending a video of myself and i see no reson at this point in time..you either can type someone on a video or you can't.

I know that David West is me for sure. I can find other people like him but that's besides the point. I'll say this, there are a lot of "dead-ringer clues" in those videos.

Cyclops 02/06/2008 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kensi (Post 9980)
i dont have any experience sending a video of myself and i see no reson at this point in time..you either can type someone on a video or you can't.

I know that David West is me for sure. I can find other people like him but that's besides the point. I'll say this, there are a lot of "dead-ringer clues" in those videos.

Just because you relate to someone on TV does not mean that you are either the same or compatible type.

Even if he was a similar type how would we know for sure that not mirrors or identicals or something.

Auora 02/06/2008 05:48 PM

My vote? ENFP or INFP. A confused ENFP is not at his best. It's not a good time to attempt to type them because the can seem all over the board. INFP can and will defend what they see as obviously morally wrong. They will jump into the fire without thought of their own safety. Like knights in shining armor.

I think that you might want to go at this from another angle. Drop all of it. All the functions. All the labels and just get to know yourself. If you are in the middle of a transformation of some sort, be it emotional or lifestyle, you will find a more accurate understanding once you are more settled. Your type is there, it won't go anywhere. Just follow your bliss and look back occasionally.

pandapanda 02/06/2008 11:16 PM

I think he's an ENFj. Firstly, because he lacks the wry delta sense of humour. 'Aggressive Playfulness' isn't an ENFp thing - most of the delta types like to deadpan and use understatement. His whole 'FUN' atttitude, with his use of custom smilies, is really beta humour.

This is off socionwiki:

Beta types tend to feel energized in the presence of people who share their beliefs and express them with obvious enthusiasm and emotion.
Beta types tend to give more value to feelings when they are demonstrated with clear emotional expression, and tend to increase the level of their own emotional expression in order to get a reaction from other people.

That sounds like kensi to me. Always telling people to be more positive and to develop their people skills. FWIW, ENFps are a serious type on the reinin dichotomies (ENFjs are a 'merry' type). We have a reputation for being happy-go-lucky, but there is a seriousness to us that means we appreciate seriousness in other people. This seriousness isn't the 'depression' that ENFjs describe experiencing. It's more like, an appreciation for subtlety and lack of emotionality. When ENFps are depressed, they don't look any different from normal. If kensi was in a bad mood, I reckon it would be obvious - like it is in most ENFjs.

What would ENFps do with our dual, the ISTp, if we wanted to have lots of Fe-valued 'warmth' directed at us? We would never get along.

Plus, he likes to have everything explained to him - which suggests he values Ti more than Te. If he had Ne in his ego block, he could quickly grasp what a Te person like Cyclops was talking about, and then develop on it. He asks questions about stuff that seems pretty obvious to me, a trait I notice in my quasi identical, the ENFj.

He also doesn't have much patience for people who write in a long-winded, analytical way, which in his opinion doesn't get to the point. This also suggests he isn't delta. Betas are the ones who get impatient when other people are writing/talking, hence his telling Cyclops to write more succinctly. He wants everything explained in a Ti way, but doesn't like reading too much stuff he doesn't agree with. He likes the INTjs on this forum. I reckon from his point of view, they write succinctly and make sense.

Kensi, if you read this, I think you might relate to it: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=EIE_domain

Forget about your dislike for Fe and Se. I think that's the only thing that's stopping you from considering if you're an ENFj. You could try reading stuff written by ENFjs (like the link above), and try typing a few. Then you could compare these people to yourself, and tell me what you think.

Cyclops 02/06/2008 11:36 PM

This is a rather good analysis and I would suggest that you would seriously take a look at it kensi.

Something else to add, it's been something i've noted is that Te types like to give rather long explanations for things. When you look at what they are writing..they seem often to elaborate on various factual information and factual logical informations/conclusions/thoughts which is related to whatever the topic is at hand..All of it they see as useful. This is them 'showing' and I reckon 'using' their Te in a way, which they enjoy doing, and for some reason Te seeking types are receptive to it (which I'm glad for lol-they like hearing the facts and put together in this coherent 'sensible' way)

When you look at my posts, this tends to be what I do, and with you at times being not particularly receptive to it, it does suggest kensi that you are not Te valueing/'accepting.'

Also fwiw, the important thing I reckon is to find your type, there isn't really one type better than the other overall (except mine :p) ..but we like it cause it's our type :)

RSV3 02/06/2008 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandapanda (Post 10092)
I think he's an ENFj. Firstly, because he lacks the wry delta sense of humour. 'Aggressive Playfulness' isn't an ENFp thing - most of the delta types like to deadpan and use understatement. His whole 'FUN' atttitude, with his use of custom smilies, is really beta humour.

This is off socionwiki:

Beta types tend to feel energized in the presence of people who share their beliefs and express them with obvious enthusiasm and emotion.
Beta types tend to give more value to feelings when they are demonstrated with clear emotional expression, and tend to increase the level of their own emotional expression in order to get a reaction from other people.

That sounds like kensi to me. Always telling people to be more positive and to develop their people skills. FWIW, ENFps are a serious type on the reinin dichotomies (ENFjs are a 'merry' type). We have a reputation for being happy-go-lucky, but there is a seriousness to us that means we appreciate seriousness in other people. This seriousness isn't the 'depression' that ENFjs describe experiencing. It's more like, an appreciation for subtlety and lack of emotionality. When ENFps are depressed, they don't look any different from normal. If kensi was in a bad mood, I reckon it would be obvious - like it is in most ENFjs.

What would ENFps do with our dual, the ISTp, if we wanted to have lots of Fe-valued 'warmth' directed at us? We would never get along.

Plus, he likes to have everything explained to him - which suggests he values Ti more than Te. If he had Ne in his ego block, he could quickly grasp what a Te person like Cyclops was talking about, and then develop on it. He asks questions about stuff that seems pretty obvious to me, a trait I notice in my quasi identical, the ENFj.

He also doesn't have much patience for people who write in a long-winded, analytical way, which in his opinion doesn't get to the point. This also suggests he isn't delta. Betas are the ones who get impatient when other people are writing/talking, hence his telling Cyclops to write more succinctly. He wants everything explained in a Ti way, but doesn't like reading too much stuff he doesn't agree with. He likes the INTjs on this forum. I reckon from his point of view, they write succinctly and make sense.

Kensi, if you read this, I think you might relate to it: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=EIE_domain

Forget about your dislike for Fe and Se. I think that's the only thing that's stopping you from considering if you're an ENFj. You could try reading stuff written by ENFjs (like the link above), and try typing a few. Then you could compare these people to yourself, and tell me what you think.

Pandapanda, what do you think about Kensi as an INFp? :)

pandapanda 02/06/2008 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclops (Post 10102)

Also fwiw, the important thing I reckon is to find your type, there isn't really one type better than the other overall (except mine :p) ..but we like it cause it's our type :)

Oh yeah. I didn't mean to sound overly critical of ENFjs. I like them in many ways, and one of my closest friends is a classic ENFj. I just don't like people to get the wrong idea about ENFps, lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSV3 (Post 10105)
Pandapanda, what do you think about Kensi as an INFp? :)

Same quadra, mirror types of each other - so I can see why you think he's an INFp. He just reminds me of the ENFjs I know much more than the INFps that I know.

kensi 03/06/2008 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandapanda (Post 10092)
I think he's an ENFj.

Forget about your dislike for Fe and Se. I think that's the only thing that's stopping you from considering if you're an ENFj.

Let me first say that i've been on and off trying to figure out who i am for about 6 years now.

A lot of the things that you say about deltas and betas i agree with (some i don't)

Every solution i come up with to tell me who i am carries consequences. The only solution that i find to be friendly is that of me being an ENFp based on relationships. I wouldn't consider myself a typical ENFp as i think there are about 8 different subtypes.

Fe's if they apply themselves, they can be successfull people. I never see myself being successfull if i was to "max out" my Fe (i'd probably die). I think a lot of my traits to using Fe on this site can be ascribed to this very persistent need that i have developed over the last 6 or so years to find the answer. But that in itself can be a Ti phenomena if heavily supporeted by Ne

I take it you hav'nt watched the video link I put in, Chris Paul is an ENFj without a doubt whatsoever. I used to have a friend like that, i could never directly relate to him but because we had a bit of a quasi-identity thing going on...there was some attachment. I seen him as being more capable of success thaN I AND MAYBE HE WAS ATTRACTED FOR THE VERY SAME REASON.

I KNOW FOR SURE THAT I AM THE SAME TYPE AS DAVID WEST. Only a few people in your lifetime come along to which you can say....man, he or she is exactly like me

To be more honest with you, I would be much more comfortable being an ENTP.

I do respect your interpretation, though

if you have anything new to add, PLEEEEEEEEEEse help me out.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandapanda (Post 10107)
Oh yeah. I didn't mean to sound overly critical of ENFjs. I like them in many ways, and one of my closest friends is a classic ENFj. I just don't like people to get the wrong idea about ENFps, lol.



Same quadra, mirror types of each other - so I can see why you think he's an INFp. He just reminds me of the ENFjs I know much more than the INFps that I know.

Anyone who wants to know the answer, i suggest....type Chris Paul (MVP runner-up if do say so) and David West and you will...
  1. know what energies an ENFj emits
  2. know who i am
the clues in the videos are rather obvious

pandapanda 03/06/2008 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kensi (Post 10117)
The only solution that i find to be friendly is that of me being an ENFp based on relationships. I wouldn't consider myself a typical ENFp as i think there are about 8 different subtypes.

To be honest, I think you're just projecting what you think ENFps should be like - spontaneous, fun, lots of relationships, and all that jazz. This doesn't mean that you actually are one.

Auora 03/06/2008 03:27 PM

There is a quirk that I have seen enfp's and infp's have ... I may be way off base, but....

INFP's have this bubbly persona that they use with other people or when they are trying to change the mood of someone they sense is upset. They do some of the silliest things, but if you know them well, and they trust you you end up seeing a completely different side of them in private. The serious and sensitive side of them. They also test you. If they see you look past the persona they project and that you don't judge the book by the cover, they let you in. INFJ's do the same thing sometimes, but they don't always have the silliness, though they can.

ENFP's... I've seen them do this in writing. Don't ask me why. They can be silly and goofy and fun in writing, but behind it there are serious thoughts they aren't letting out. Sometimes, if you know them well, they will broadside you with the most cuttingly accurate statements, but you have to be extremely close to them to hear the real thoughts. It's almost like an INFP, but it's reversed.

When they are going through a transformation, just like anyone else, they can wear a million and one masks. The problem is that I don't know Kensi in person.

I'm married to an ENTP. Have been for almost 15 years. They are a completely different animal. Their is a slyness about them that is reminiscent of an ENTJ. It's more ENTJ-lite in comparison. Their humor is playful but sharp at the same time. Feelers seem to use humor to change the mood.

I wouldn't let anyone have the final say in my personality. There are a million reasons someone can be acting out of sorts. Only the person can tell what is what.

Kanerou 03/06/2008 10:23 PM

From my understanding of Fe, you seem to "drip it". I mean, if we were both Fi-creative, in theory I shouldn't have a problem with how you express yourself - that's my understanding. I barely know you, and yet you seem to rub me wrong. That's not anything intentional on your part, so please don't take it personally; but if we were the same type, would that be an issue?

kensi 04/06/2008 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanerou (Post 10361)
From my understanding of Fe, you seem to "drip it". I mean, if we were both Fi-creative, in theory I shouldn't have a problem with how you express yourself - that's my understanding. I barely know you, and yet you seem to rub me wrong. That's not anything intentional on your part, so please don't take it personally; but if we were the same type, would that be an issue?

so you don't think i'm an INFp.

Thats good news for me cause then i dont have to adjust my relationship infrastructure grid. It would be painstakingly unpleasant if i had to.

How certain are you of your intertype relations as the INFp you are ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandapanda (Post 10190)
To be honest, I think you're just projecting what you think ENFps should be like - spontaneous, fun, lots of relationships, and all that jazz. This doesn't mean that you actually are one.

I dont ever recall trying to imply that i am one based on any of those reasons. I honestly dont know from where this observation is coming:) . I don't think that all ENFps come across with such extroversion tendancies unless of course it is safe to venture out into the Fi of the surrounding environment.

ENTp is the re-inventor of Ti phenomena, subsequently the ENFp is the re-inventor of Fi phenomen.

:nurse:

IntjWurm 04/06/2008 12:12 AM

Kensi
 

kensi 04/06/2008 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IntjWurm (Post 10383)

hey, its the exact same dude doin all of them. We shouldn't have any problems now.

...duh.....do you have one for the ladies?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 SOCIONICS.COM