Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 24/05/2010, 06:35 AM

Default LOST!

In celebration of the series finale, I have some ideas about characters' types:

Jack - LSI? Ti-ego, Se-valuing.

Kate - EIE or IEE

Sawyer - SLE or SLI

Hurley - SEI

Sun - Fi-valuing

Jin - not sure

Ben - EIE (def Se-valuing, perhaps Se-HA, seems Fe valuing)

Locke - delta

Reincarnated Locke (Man in Black) - Se-primary. SLE seems likely

Charley - not sure; ILE? Some kind of alpha.

Sayid - SEE; definitely Fi-valuing.

Desmond - IEE

Daniel Faraday - LII

the pilot guy - Delta ST?

the asian guy who talks to the dead - ILI? Seems Fe-POLR.

Richard - Fi valuing, doesn't seem Se valuing, so Delta, can't decide which one.

Claire - not Se valuing. seems Fe-ego. . .alpha: ESE or SEI

Jacob - EII (accepted his duty as guardian of the "good" even knowing what the woman did to his mother, used Ne to make sense of it all and to figure out why Richard attacked him. Funny, he and man in black turned out conflictors according to my typing, not intentionally)

Discuss.
Also any additional typings or differences of opinion to my typings welcome.
Old 25/05/2010, 05:02 PM

aww, is no-one here a Lost fan???
Old 25/05/2010, 11:33 PM

What about the smoke monster's type?
Old 26/05/2010, 04:24 AM
Quarantined

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0rps3y View Post
My conflictor.

Has anyone seen this?
http://www.theonion.com/articles/smo...e-spinof,2734/

Would you like you for a child?
Old 26/05/2010, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0rps3y View Post
But the smoke monster was the Man in Black.
Old 26/05/2010, 08:41 AM

Heh, I just joked about a spin-off for the smoke monster on IRC last night. The Onion must have spies, or else should be giving me a job.

Actually I've only seen 15 seconds of the show while passing through my housemate's sector, so the smoke monster is all I know of it.
Old 26/05/2010, 02:01 PM

I'm typing the smoke monster SLE, mostly based on his embodiment behavior in Locke and in his original body. Fits though huh?
Old 26/05/2010, 02:08 PM
Gone on holiday...

I think I remember watching something like half of first episode, so dunno much about the show, well anything. Actually I caught every so often for maybe second or third episodes, I remember a guy who was a doctor with shaved hair and I was quite impressed that he and the other guys always managed to keep themselves so well groomed ie hair didn't grow etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki smoke monster
The Island is home to a mysterious entity, consisting of a black mass accompanied by mechanical-like sounds and electrical activity within, dubbed the "Smoke Monster" or just the "Monster" by the survivors. The monster has been described by Lost producer Damon Lindelof as "one of the biggest secrets" of the mythology.[4] The producers have often hinted that the black cloud of smoke is not a monster in the traditional sense, nor is it a cloud of nanobots (as some fans have speculated).[5][6] It has been repeatedly described as a "security system" for the Island, specifically the ruins of the temple on the Island. It emerges from vents in the ground to attack people, though it does not always attack those it encounters. The Monster is capable of lifting a grown man, and in one instance tosses a man nearly fifty feet into the air. In another it wraps a tendril of smoke around a man's arm, severing it.
In the first episode of season 6, "LA X", it is revealed that the "Locke", who Ben is traveling with is The Monster, an incarnation of Jacob's Nemesis. It appears in the remains of the statue of Taweret and kills five people. One of the people manages to create a ring of ash around himself, temporarily hindering the smoke monster. The monster throws a rock at the man, knocking him out of the circle and making it possible for it to kill him. After the men are all dead, the smoke monster exits, and Jacob's nemesis, in the form of John Locke, immediately appears, stating that he is sorry that Ben had to see him "like that". It has since stated that it used to be a man, who lost a loved one, and has the goal of leaving the Island and "going home".[7][8] After claiming Sayid to his side, and giving the Others the chance to join him, he stormed the temple and massacred all those who did not comply.[9] In Recon, he gave Sawyer a mission to investigate Hydra Island to see if the coast was clear for him and the Others to travel over there so they could take the Ajira plane and fly off the Island. Later in the episode it tells Kate he is sorry about Claire. He tells her that his mother was crazy just like Aaron's mother, Claire. In the final episode he's rendered mortal again along with Jack, the new protector of the island when the Light at the center of the island is disabled. Trapped in the form of John Locke, the Man in Black fights Jack to the death. Jack is mortally wounded, but after Kate shoots the Man in Black in the back, Jack finally kills him by throwing him off a cliff.
Wow, ermm...
Old 26/05/2010, 06:44 PM

OMG, cyclops u are missing out!! you should watch the whole story from beginning to end! It's all on abc.com I believe. Or netflix if you have it. Then you can weigh in on your opinions of the characters' types!