Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 09/05/2010, 02:50 PM

Default Types and genetics

I've noticed that some children are the same type as one of their parents.

For instance I'm INTj, like my father. My brother is ISTp like my mom, my mon has the same type as her father, my mom's brother has the same type like his mother (my grandmother - ESTj), blah, etc.etc. My family is, of course, not the only case - children and parents sometimes (not always naturally) share the same type.

Is the type inborn and does genetics play an important role in our personality?
Old 09/05/2010, 05:29 PM
The Looks

Your parents obviously play an important role in your personality, but there is no known correlation between the types of parents and the types of their children.

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."
Old 09/05/2010, 08:08 PM

My family:
- father: ENFp
- mother: ESFj
- me: ENTp
- brother: ISTp

My girlfriend's family:
- father: ISFp
- mother: ESTj
- her: ISFp
- her brother: ENFj
---

privilege: did you ever typed ENTp so far at some tests? I find you as extrapolating too easily - you know, 2-3 examples then "etc" - for an INTj's . You also appear as Irrational and very enthusiastic, just my observations.
Old 10/05/2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihai_m View Post

privilege: did you ever typed ENTp so far at some tests? I find you as extrapolating too easily - you know, 2-3 examples then "etc" - for an INTj's . You also appear as Irrational and very enthusiastic, just my observations.
You're right saying I extrapolate too easily (I also have an ENFp sister who's an unique case in my family, with children who have too different types from those of their parents and from other family members) and I am, indeed, enthusiatic about people and ideas often enough. Aren't INTj's supposed to be enthusiastic, ever? I think that, in sipte of being INTj, I am quite an emotional and sensitive person.
I only took socionics tests twice and I scored INTj each time. I can tell you I'm an introvert for sure, I have no problem with solitude (not for long periods of time of course), I have few friends so I guess that's a clear indicator I'm I. I also agree that being a Rational seems too much for me. Do I appear as Irrational because I believe ghosts is an idea for children, not for grown-ups?

I do tend to lose contact with lots of people, in a LII's fashion, and believe that connections are not a strong point of mine.

Last edited by privilege; 10/05/2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10/05/2010, 10:57 AM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by privilege View Post
I can tell you I'm an introvert for sure, I have no problem with solitude (not for long periods of time of course), I have few friends so I guess that's a clear indicator I'm I.
Not in Socionics.

If you're open to discussing your type and would prefer to keep this thread on-topic, you could create a type thread for yourself. Just a heads-up.
Old 10/05/2010, 11:07 AM

[quote=Kanerou;22385]Not in Socionics.

Yes that might be so, I haven't done my homework and haven't learnt enough on Socionics, but I still am an introvert by the general meaning of the term.

If you're open to discussing your type and would prefer to keep this thread on-topic, you could create a type thread for yourself. Just a heads-up. [quote]

Thanks, but I'll stop at this point (maybe Mihai doesn't agree or wants to ask something else).
Old 10/05/2010, 11:19 AM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by privilege View Post
Yes that might be so, I haven't done my homework and haven't learnt enough on Socionics, but I still am an introvert by the general meaning of the term.
Agreed.

Quote:
Thanks, but I'll stop at this point (maybe Mihai doesn't agree or wants to ask something else).
OK. I'm not saying you have to stop discussing it on this thread, just in case it comes across that way. Twas just a suggestion.
Old 10/05/2010, 11:49 AM

No, it's ok. I put it here because my insight was relating to your post and background info. You've made good points, so I'm 50/50 (eg "+" for being an enthusiast "-" for being recluse).
I don't know if I'd be capable to take it from zero but it might be cool to have a nice new typing thread, I suppose .
Old 10/05/2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihai_m View Post
I don't know if I'd be capable to take it from zero but it might be cool to have a nice new typing thread, I suppose .
Look where the enthusiast was.
Sorry, but no. I don't feel the need to be typed, as anyone is going to ramble whatever they will consider and I don't really have the proper disposition for this. Besides, I am definitely INTj, I have no doubt about it and I don't need to convince anyone that this is the truth.
Old 12/05/2010, 10:24 AM

LOL! Proper mood, I meant.*
Old 15/05/2010, 04:13 AM

Interesting.....
I've taken about a billion tests and I always come up ENTP.

My father is an ISTJ
My mother is an INFP

....they are divorced.

As a teen I thought I was an I, but I was just hideously insecure. Now, the split is like, 60/40, slightly more E. The NTP has been forever constant.