Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 15/04/2010, 07:51 PM

Default how do you make an ENTp jealous?

what makes them tick when in a relationship i see they don't seem to get jealous very easily
Old 15/04/2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzylizzy View Post
what makes them tick when in a relationship i see they don't seem to get jealous very easily
Quite right. We are tough to offend, and difficult to rile emotionally, in general. If we're dating you, we trust you, and have no need to be jealous. Do you want to make him jealous?
Old 15/04/2010, 08:11 PM

yeah but not in a way where i would jeopardize the relationship. ENTp's seem almost shallow when in a romantic relationship.
Old 15/04/2010, 08:18 PM
The Looks

That's Fi PoLR. ENTps don't understand interpersonal relationships very well.

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."
Old 15/04/2010, 08:38 PM

what's Fi PoLR?
Old 15/04/2010, 09:18 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
yeah but not in a way where i would jeopardize the relationship. ENTp's seem almost shallow when in a romantic relationship.
Why do you want to make him jealous? Are you afraid that he isn't as into you as you are into him? Do you just want an affirmation of his feelings, or something else?
Old 15/04/2010, 09:19 PM
The Looks

Fi is an information element, introverted feeling. PoLR stands for point of least resistance, or vulnerale function. Within Model A (socionics' theoretical model of the psyche), introverted feeling is an ENTp's weakest (vulnerable) function.

To read up on Model A go to:
http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Model_A
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socionics

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."
Old 15/04/2010, 10:04 PM

kanerou:

well i know he cares about me, i just want to know if there's somewhat of a deeper caring? I don't really know if that makes any sense. Their relationships just seem somewhat shallow? the ENTp i'm dating seems clueless a lot of the time? I'm not very good at communicating as an ISFP. Kinda just wanna know if there's something beneath that head of his.
Old 16/04/2010, 06:55 AM

so anyone want to just answer my question on how to make an ENTp jealous?
Old 16/04/2010, 09:14 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
I guess it is all make believe but you could look at Ross from Friends or JD from Scrubs, they guys seem pretty ENTp.

ENTp's and ESTp's love attention. Well a lot of extraverts do but they guys more so because their hidden agenda is to be loved. I wouldn't want to give you direct advice on how to make them jealous though, as I don't agree with that sort of behaviour, and would feel bad about encouraging it...esp if it backfired!
Old 17/04/2010, 06:02 AM

Quote:
so anyone want to just answer my question on how to make an ENTp jealous?
You want to know if there is something deeper, so you want to make him jealous? This line of reasoning is kind of faulty... I recommend you just talk to him... Spend some time, tell him bout your feelings, that kind of stuff. You've gotta be in charge of the feely stuff, you're the feeler, not him!
Old 18/04/2010, 07:59 PM

lizzylizzy: I have answers but I won't tell you, sorry. Instead, consider that this is not the solution with an ENTp. Usually making an ENTp jealous is the beginning of the end, It's a crack that can only grow, is this what you want?

You're probably a Se valuer (Se or Ni type) and you think this will provoke him to be more possessive, but imo the effect will be contrary and irreversible. Once the seed of suspicion makes roots, it can't be removed, you're talking about an Ne type.

Edit: lizzylizzy, I saw your pictures - nice snake . I like snakes very much and like to catch. Is that you in red in that picture?
About you, it appears to me that you're an ENFj. Maybe I'm wrong, I'd also be curious what makes you think you're an SEI :P.
Old 18/04/2010, 08:03 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihai_m View Post
lizzylizzy: I have answers but I won't tell you, sorry. Instead, consider that this is not the solution with an ILE. Usually making an ILE jealous is the beginning of the end, It's a crack that can only grow, is this what you want?

You're probably a Se valuer (Se or Ni type) and you think this will provoke him to be more possessive, but imo the effect will be contrary and irreversible. Once the seed of suspicion makes roots, it can't be removed, you're talking about an Ne type.
If me n' delta have a say, it's wrong. For all I know it works for the J's, but not for us in Si/Ne 'P' land, i'm pretty sure tbf.
Old 18/04/2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
well i know he cares about me, i just want to know if there's somewhat of a deeper caring? I don't really know if that makes any sense. Their relationships just seem somewhat shallow? the ENTp i'm dating seems clueless a lot of the time? I'm not very good at communicating as an ISFP. Kinda just wanna know if there's something beneath that head of his.
I think this deep confirmation of meaning you are talking about is specific to ENFj, so I don't think I'm far from the truth. Don't you feel that he's too "light" that he's not "crashing" deep in you with the great momentum that can satisfy you?
IMO ENTp's are very "gentle" when it comes to this kind of things, one can't get "enough" of them. I'm almost certain that if he's an ENTp, jealousy would make him even more hesitant.

Cyclops: what's wrong, that approach she's trying? If that's so, I think it's an Ni/Se approach, and yes, possibly Rational as well, dunno.
Most of my opinion on her type is based on an instant realization by her attitude + VI, but again, I might be wrong about her type, but I don't think I'm wrong predicting the effect of that on an ENTp.

Last edited by mihai_m; 18/04/2010 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 18/04/2010, 08:31 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Cyclops: what's wrong, that approach she's trying? If that's so, I think it's an Ni/Se approach, and yes, possibly Rational as well, dunno.
Most of my opinion on her type is based on an instant realization by her attitude + VI, but again, I might be wrong about her type, but I don't think I'm wrong predicting the effect of that on an ENTp.
Yar, the approach, like you say.

Eh, I don't think it's an Ne/Si approach from experience like you say. Maybe though it's a rational type Ne/Si approach. Well, I find that even within our quadras, there's a further split - the split occurs amongst the J's and P's, well maybe can even take some time, but seems to happen I think, hmmm, makes sense in a way if you see what I mean as we are apparently eventually meant to gravitate towards our duals (and that identity tends to be easier relation that mirror).

Add to it, that it's my observation that information type communicate better with other information types (even outwith quadra) and same for judging types [that is P to P and J to J], so it can exemplify situation.

Oh, anyway, this part could be wrong.. I say also in mind that i've wondered if ESFj like to make others jealous, just a short observ. from observ..ation, p'rahps I should elaborate more, some time.. Hmmm n' all.
Old 18/04/2010, 08:46 PM

Well I agree with that further intra-quadra split. Although, that kind of provocation has a very-very powerful Ni flavor, I personally don't see room for doubt, but it's up to everyone to figure out for him/her-self.

IME making an Si type jealous may work, at least with Irrationals, but a positive effect is not guaranteed, as in the case of Se types (at least Beta). It can be either good - if you manage to have good explanations following the incidents, or bad, I assume - but this I didn't experience so far.
Old 18/04/2010, 08:54 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Well I agree with that further intra-quadra split. Although, that kind of provocation has a very-very powerful Ni flavor, I personally don't see room for doubt, but it's up to everyone to figure out for him/her-self.

IME making an Si type jealous may work, at least with Irrationals, but a positive effect is not guaranteed, as in the case of Se types (at least Beta). It can be either good - if you manage to have good explanations following the incidents, or bad, I assume - but this I didn't experience so far.
Always been not so good thing/outcome for I, brother.

And yeah, you're right. The Se types seem to get off on it. Some sort of power play within the Se/Ni quadras, prolly even as you intonate, regardless of the J/P thing for this.

I've seen even ISFj's play such game, in short an all.
Old 19/04/2010, 02:55 PM
Omnomnom

I, too, agree that trying to make him jealous is a bad idea. I think I understand the idea of it, and I can empathize, but I also don't think that it's worth hurting the relationship. Maybe we can help you find a different solution, if you would like.
Old 20/04/2010, 12:22 AM

Mehaie_m:

this is why i know i'm an ISFp

When in comes to meeting people, I'm a very private person. Although i'm an introvert i usually have lots of friends and I'm really easy to get along with. I don't like confrontation at all. It makes me sad and nervous and i do whatever i can to shy away from it. I love to have lots and lots of fun and i smile at everyone and anything for no reason. When random customers at my work show me pictures of their new grandchildren and pets, it makes me so happy that they told me and usually makes my day! I don't like being in the spotlight or public speaking. It freaks me the heck out! I find it hard to trust people due to fear of vulnerability. I become easily overwhelmed with my emotions and with everything I'm trying to take in. I need to take frequent stops to recharge myself. I love everything of art and music. I love painting and learning every new instrument... although i usually don't stay dedicated for a long time. lol. when i see beautiful paintings, i like to touch them and feel the creases of where the artist painted. People often think I'm lazy, I just usually don't work well in very fast paced environments and I'm not at ALL good at thinking logically about anything o_o. When it comes to caring about someone in an intimate way, it takes a long time for me to open up about my true feelings. They're usually really intense. A lot of the times it'll be hard for me to discuss my feelings for you. So i go to people i deeply trust to reassure me. the little things you do for me are what make me smile. they make me happy and they reassure me about our relationship. I don't need you to call or text me everyday. i don't need to hang out with you everyday. as long as you reassure me i'll be as happy as ever people who know me well see me as spontaneous and laid back. I care a lot about my friends and family and people who are close to me.

sheeesh sorry this was so long o_o
Old 20/04/2010, 02:18 AM

sorry for the misspell mihai_m*