Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 05/03/2010, 11:34 AM
Gone on holiday...

Default Why I like this site

I can talk about things without a bunch of anonymous people at the other ends of their computers jumping on tiny things, trying to twist my words (and others words) into being some other type, without realising that there is a primary and a seconday and that people actually have personalities, and that they are not some socionic expert (except in their own heads).

It would be good if it were more active. Sometimes I think I post too much, but I am no authority on socionics anway! Especially not internet socionics, i'm better with typing and understanding people in real life, even then I could possibly be better at that.
Old 05/03/2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
I can talk about things without a bunch of anonymous people at the other ends of their computers jumping on tiny things, trying to twist my words (and others words) into being some other type, without realising that there is a primary and a seconday and that people actually have personalities, and that they are not some socionic expert (except in their own heads).

It would be good if it were more active. Sometimes I think I post too much, but I am no authority on socionics anway! Especially not internet socionics, i'm better with typing and understanding people in real life, even then I could possibly be better at that.
interesting.
Old 05/03/2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

I get odd hatemail now and then through the main site from self appointed socionics experts. Ignoring them seems to work
Old 05/03/2010, 05:01 PM

Yeah, I'm no socionics expert either, but I enjoy learning from everyone's comments around the site.
Old 06/03/2010, 02:41 PM

I like it, but credulous? Like for the pages on relations, you could put videos of the two types interacting so people can observe for themselves. And then notes during the video or beside it. Basically I think video is a good way to go!

I had another idea but I forgot it.
Old 09/03/2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldgoldgold View Post
LOL, I was thinking "ENTp" then I checked your profile and it was indeed .
---

This forum is pretty boring because there are pretty few active posters (cases), but the quality of the discussions is very high imo.

I also appreciate the fact that the owner is cautious and interested in truth, than to "revolutionize" Socionics with all sort of fantasy. But I have a feeling of getting back in time here, some things can be updated big time, though .
Old 09/03/2010, 05:16 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldgoldgold View Post
I like it, but credulous? Like for the pages on relations, you could put videos of the two types interacting so people can observe for themselves. And then notes during the video or beside it. Basically I think video is a good way to go!

Yeah it is difficult though,

example, I used to work with a team of 4 people, 2 ENFp's (both opposite sex to me), an ISTp boss and an ENTp.

The ENTp was always on the "peripheral" of things.

Anyway, I got on great with one of the ENFp's, and quite well with the other, but, call me shallow, the "quite well" one weighed about 20 stone, so the interaction between the two was somewhat different so i'm not sure how many videos we'd need to show to give it a fair representation of inter-type relations.
Old 11/03/2010, 01:56 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miha_m
This forum is pretty boring because there are pretty few active posters (cases), but the quality of the discussions is very high imo.
It needs more S types. When they want stuff they want it now, so they "have" it or "do" it, in turn they post more. N types seem happier not doing things straight away. Needs more S to get the ball rolling.