Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 28/01/2010, 06:51 PM

Default Well rounded INTJ?

I am an INTJ with good certainty, of all the descriptions the INTJ fits the best and I relate and interact best with other INTJ's. I had taken the test when younger and several more over the years and the results have always been INTJ, but recently the last 3 positions have been getting weaker and weaker though the introversion remains very strong. All of this leads me to believe that naturally I am an INTJ

I am at a point now that it is very easy to test as any of the other 7 introverted types. Reading the descriptions of the 7 other introverted personality types I could very easily fit the descriptions well enough to be mistaken for being that way, though the INTJ is still the most accurate. I also understand all 8 introverted types as if each were my own.

When evaluating how I think, both in real situations and theoretical, it has become noticeable that I use both sensing/intuition, thinking/feeling, and judging/perception to somewhat equal amounts both internally and externally.

I am theorizing that this is in part due to my suspected INFx mother and my ESFP girlfriend of 3 years balancing me out and forcing me to develop the other facets. I developed a very strong Fe in the mid teenage years which I attribute to my mother and I am suspecting that the Ne, Ti, and Si came from my girlfriend since most of the changes with those happened after I met her.

For a while I thought that my girlfriend stressing me out continually (she has that knack) might be causing the Ne, Ti, and Si to come out as shadow functions but even after a 6 month period of physical separation with little to no contact I still had conscious use of my shadow functions and was stress free.

I realize that personality types are not a mold but instead a variable scale but is it really possible to have a personality that sits in the middle with most everything at similar development levels? I feel like a camelion other then the introvert/extrovert difference and draw upon what is needed depending on the situation though the default still remains INTJ.
Old 29/01/2010, 03:42 AM

Sounds like you're mostly referring to MBTI. Maybe you should try taking some socionics tests and see what your results are.

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 29/01/2010, 09:45 AM

I find Fi/Te valuers to feel like chameleons, that they have a bit of everything, this doesn't mean you have a mid type. My opinion is that it points you towards Gamma or Delta. In my experience, all the Ti types chose their type rather quickly, even when wrong.
Old 29/01/2010, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
Sounds like you're mostly referring to MBTI. Maybe you should try taking some socionics tests and see what your results are.
I found the MBTI first so out of habit I capitalize all 4 letters. MBTI I test as INTJ and Socionics as INTj. My girlfriend tested as ESFp.

I undoubtedly confused the two in my first message, my awareness on this subject is just enough to make by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihai_m View Post
I find Fi/Te valuers to feel like chameleons, that they have a bit of everything, this doesn't mean you have a mid type. My opinion is that it points you towards Gamma or Delta. In my experience, all the Ti types chose their type rather quickly, even when wrong.
I'm not discounting that I might be inavertantly skewing the results on the tests (though the early ones were taken before I knew or cared anything about it), this is a practice of curiosity and self familarity so I don't mind proving myself wrong. I came across the Model A model, thinking that since I might be having trouble picking out the strongest elements maybe I could find the weakest elements and match them up to area's 3 and 5 but it hasn't proven to be any more helpful. I have taken the Ennegram test as well and the 1,4,5,9 are almost always tied or close enough for reason of error. The only reason I am even noticing this or thinking about it is because I was most definately another way before and have since developed/changed sufficient to notice. Whether I was mis-typing myself earlier and am realizing my true self or I was my true type before and am developing weaker parts of myself I really have no idea. Would you be or is there anybody on here willing to help me figure it out? I'll read, do, or answer anything because I don't think I will have much success trying to figure the rest out on my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihai_m View Post
If I am reading it right, that would suggest that I have likely a INTp or ISTp.

From Wikipedia:
(IP) types = characterized by lack of motivation, inertia, and unstable moods and energy levels
(IJ) types = are characterized by energetic and proactive behavior

I have always been somewhat split between these two descriptions. When I get in what I call "the mood" it is very much like the IJ type, but not in the mood I am very lazy and much like the IP type description. The frequency of how much I am one way or the other depends greatly on my stress level, stress free I am more towards the IJ and the more stressed I get the more similar to the IP description I get.

Last edited by brian89gp; 29/01/2010 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29/01/2010, 07:22 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian89gp View Post
I found the MBTI first so out of habit I capitalize all 4 letters. MBTI I test as INTJ and Socionics as INTj. My girlfriend tested as ESFp.

I undoubtedly confused the two in my first message, my awareness on this subject is just enough to make by.
OK. Socionics in the West is a great place to learn the theory. BTW, I can address the first post if you'd like; it'll be full of lots of corrections, though. Like Ryan (RSV3) said, there's a lot of MBTI-ish stuff in there. Oh - what Socionics tests have you taken?

Quote:
The only reason I am even noticing this or thinking about it is because I was most definately another way before and have since developed/changed sufficient to notice. Whether I was mis-typing myself earlier and am realizing my true self or I was my true type before and am developing weaker parts of myself I really have no idea. Would you be or is there anybody on here willing to help me figure it out? I'll read, do, or answer anything because I don't think I will have much success trying to figure the rest out on my own.
Hmm... I'm not that knowledgeable, but I can throw out a few things. First off, how old are you? Also, are you or have you been under any periods of extreme stress, and can these be factored into the difference in your behavior?

Quote:
From Wikipedia:
(IP) types = characterized by lack of motivation, inertia, and unstable moods and energy levels
(IJ) types = are characterized by energetic and proactive behavior
EJ and IJ are mixed up. IJs are steady and low-key, I believe; it's the EJs that are energetic and proactive.
Old 29/01/2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
OK. Socionics in the West is a great place to learn the theory. BTW, I can address the first post if you'd like; it'll be full of lots of corrections, though. Like Ryan (RSV3) said, there's a lot of MBTI-ish stuff in there. Oh - what Socionics tests have you taken?
I will take a deeper look into that site, thank you.

I have taken all three tests on the socionics.com website, all result as INTj though on the Type Assesement test I had a high scoring factor. A lot of that probably comes from me answering for example that I like both concrete facts and the theoretical, or that I approach the world and myself with logic but also with feelings depending on the situation. Answering only the most natural or strongest answer only leads to an INTj but it seems wrong since the other answers seem fairly correct as well only to a lesser extent

I am willing to re-write the first post in a more Socionics approach but I fear that I might slip in and out of MBTI theory and talk myself in circles again. Or I will answer any questions to clarify myself if you wish.

Quote:
Hmm... I'm not that knowledgeable, but I can throw out a few things. First off, how old are you? Also, are you or have you been under any periods of extreme stress, and can these be factored into the difference in your behavior?
26, and yes on the stress. My (unstable) ESFp girlfriend that I met when I was 22 has caused a great deal of stress for me. Before her I was very much the description of an INTj with perhaps a greater awareness of my own and other peoples feelings then would be normal. The stress was absolutely horrible for a good 2-3 years and during that is when these other traits of started to appear. I do not know if it was because of the stress or if it was her personality broadening my own perspective; I am devoted to truely understanding a persons point of view and thought process if they are close to me so I put in a great deal of effort figuring out how she thinks so I could see things from her point of view. The past year I have resolved the trigger points in myself that were being set off to cause stress so for the most part my stress level is normal, but the awareness, understanding, and use of those other personality functions has remained at a slighly diminished level.

Best way I can describe it is that I used to able to think and process information in certain ways and the rest were completely foreign to me as well as the people that thought in them. Now I see things from many different points of views and am not nearly as focused on the old way that I used to do it. I find it hard to disagree with most people now no matter which thought process they use (unless they are outright wrong if measured by their own thought process) because I can fairly easily see how they came up with their opinion. The old way is still my default, my eyes just feel wider now.

Quote:
EJ and IJ are mixed up. IJs are steady and low-key, I believe; it's the EJs that are energetic and proactive.
I accidently copied the wrong one but the example of my behavior was accurate to the correct IJ description.
Old 18/02/2010, 08:05 PM

Default You're an INTP

If you stayed with your girlfriend for years, then you are an INTP, since she would have been your dual type. There's no way an INTJ would have stayed with an ESFP for years. Good luck -Daniel
Old 18/02/2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathnine View Post
If you stayed with your girlfriend for years, then you are an INTP, since she would have been your dual type. There's no way an INTJ would have stayed with an ESFP for years. Good luck -Daniel
He mentioned that she stresses him out (I personally would be outtie on that relationship), so LII makes sense. Duals tend to energize and complement, not stress.
Old 18/02/2010, 08:26 PM

ESFP's stress everyone. The OP posted in another thread that he was having troubles with his ESFJ coworker. INTJ's and ESFJ's are dual types, so I find it very unlikely that he would be having those troubles at work if he was really an INTJ. This may sound ironic, since it's kind of contrary to what I just said, but going back to my first sentence... ESFP's stress everyone I think I'm right, but everyone's entitled to their own opinions -Daniel

OP - did you feel energized by your ex? You mentioned that she stressed you out, but was that stress continuous, and did your arguments escalate and get worse and worse? If you're arguments escalated and got worse and worse, then you're probably an INTJ. On the other hand, if you were energized by her, but you had periodic disagreements because she was a drama queen, then you are probably an INTP. I should have asked that first... my bad -Daniel

Last edited by Pathnine; 18/02/2010 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 18/02/2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
ESFP's stress everyone. The OP posted in another thread that he was having troubles with his ESFJ coworker. INTJ's and ESFJ's are dual types, so I find it very unlikely that he would be having those troubles at work if he was really an INTJ. This may sound ironic, since it's kind of contrary to what I just said, but going back to my first sentence... ESFP's stress everyone I think I'm right, but everyone's entitled to their own opinions -Daniel

OP - did you feel energized by your ex? You mentioned that she stressed you out, but was that stress continuous, and did your arguments escalate and get worse and worse? If you're arguments escalated and got worse and worse, then you're probably an INTJ. On the other hand, if you were energized by her, but you had periodic disagreements because she was a drama queen, then you are probably an INTP. I should have asked that first... my bad -Daniel
If you refer back to the post, the OP of this thread, and the OP of that thread are not in fact, the same user... In fact, brian89 didn't even comment on that one. lolol

Last edited by ENTroP; 18/02/2010 at 08:52 PM. Reason: lolol
Old 18/02/2010, 09:42 PM

LOL! Now I feel silly... -D.

My question still remains for the OP...
Old 19/02/2010, 09:50 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
LOL! Now I feel silly... -D.
Maybe you are ENFp then, lol.