Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 05/06/2010, 12:20 AM

I just see Fe PoLR and a lot of examples of it, one big example to me is how when that girl cried, he stood there crossed his arms and laughed; that is Fe PoLR; Fi PoLR does not behave that way, in fact, they react the opposite way. My X SLI BF did that to me when he pushed me to cry and he just started to tease me back laughing and smiling with a big grin...I was very upset at that point and wouldn't drop the topic.
Old 05/06/2010, 01:53 AM

I didn't laugh per se. I just kind of stood there and was thinking what the hell is she crying about. I could tell she was a weepy type who is used to crying over dumb things which she was, and it had nothing to do with my behavior towards her so I knew it wasn't my issue to resolve. I'm usually fairly stoic in nature, so when I saw her crying, the smile was a reaction of a oh jesus how ridiculous is this.
Old 05/06/2010, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemaldonado View Post
I didn't laugh per se. I just kind of stood there and was thinking what the hell is she crying about. I could tell she was a weepy type who is used to crying over dumb things which she was, and it had nothing to do with my behavior towards her so I knew it wasn't my issue to resolve. I'm usually fairly stoic in nature, so when I saw her crying, the smile was a reaction of a oh jesus how ridiculous is this.
SLE are attracted towards women who display emotions, they rush to offer comfort, that's what I have noticed. Reaction of that ridiculousness is also the reaction to goofiness you feel that's also Fe PoLR, just like ILI put up a fire squad to people who show extreme excitement/display of dramatic enthusiasm you have the same reaction to those who cry...not exactly putting up a firing squad, per se, but feeling like it's all ridiculous. SLE have problems with recognizing the fragile internal emotions in others; tell me, have you ever sensed that your mom or someone you loved was not crying but felt a little emotion on the inside, like that look they get when they don't talk to you or look away? You just kinda get the feeling that something is under the skin of the person that they are not discussing with you? If yes then you value Fi, as in Fi is your activation function, if no and you are devoid of feeling these internal sensations in others then you are SLE. I hardly feel that you are SLE...but anyway, try that out.

My SLI X used to sense these emotions in me when I did not cry or say anything and used to say things like "I know you're bothered by something, I can feel it"; I remember those things about him and he used to feel obligated to use Si to make my internal self feel good, by either discussing the issue with me or providing a movie or music as a distraction; SLE completely pass that by, like they aren't even looking in that direction...that is one of the reasons why conflicts build up between myself and SLE type, because at that moment where I am internally feeling bad and they can't recognize it, they are not giving me the attention I need to feel better and my internal emotions just get louder and louder until I cry, and when I cry, SLE rush to comfort me, but again the cycle continues because my internal emotions need to be monitored all the time by Si leading type, otherwise, I will grow into unhealthy states.

Last edited by MDarman; 05/06/2010 at 05:49 AM.
Old 05/06/2010, 05:50 AM

Wink

I read people like a book, I know when people are intimidated, nervous, upset, pissed, gonna ask me for something... I appreciate when people cut the bullshit out and are direct about something. I am one to understand and not weep. All the bosses I have ever had appreciate my no nonsense approach towards goals of the organization and how I perform individually.

I've been doing some research and the more I read the more comfortable I feel as an ISTp

http://personalitycafe.com/istp-arti...r-written.html
Old 05/06/2010, 06:25 AM

Quote:
I read people like a book, I know when people are intimidated, nervous, upset, pissed, gonna ask me for something... I appreciate when people cut the bullshit out and are direct about something. I am one to understand and not weep. All the bosses I have ever had appreciate my no nonsense approach towards goals of the organization and how I perform individually.

I've been doing some research and the more I read the more comfortable I feel as an ISTp

http://personalitycafe.com/istp-arti...r-written.html

You are certainly ISTp and those words you used to describe yourself are a carbon copy of my X's speech on him recognizing the internal feelings of others and indicating BS...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Ah, well if it is choice between SLE and SLI then I go for SLE, you look Se leading imo from your photo - I don't see Si leading.

The stuff you talk about, here and on the other thread, you sound too tactically aware to be Si leading, but Se leading fits more naturally. I'd recommend you look into ESFp too but my opinion is that Se type is the way to go for you.
They are very tactical (that's a lot of Te); that's why they make awesome sportsmen; because they can see the ball or the game plan before anyone else can; Cyclops, you need to VI, seriously!!! Especially awesome basketball players.

would you call yourself more optimistic or pessimistic as in you can see things turning out well or as badly as possible?

Last edited by MDarman; 05/06/2010 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05/06/2010, 05:33 PM

Depends.

Could you give me some practical examples of Fi Polr and Fe Polr, and Te vs. Ti?
Old 05/06/2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Depends.

Could you give me some practical examples of Fi Polr and Fe Polr, and Te vs. Ti?
Te and Ti
My boss is Ti

he will create a system after a system for doing things and won't care one bit about my own system because his system is superior always to my own way of doing something. He is an absolute Czar of systems, he doesn't give two cents about what methods (Te) need to be employed within a system he creates to make it run efficiently (Te) or productively (Te) and will usually not do any of the small and mundane work (Te) within the system/ways of doing something (Ti) that he creates; so take for example the mail; at my work place, he create a system: the mail will be opened by him and then will be divided, by him to the other departments. Now the system that he creates needs work (Te); after a week of doing the work, he falls lazy and behind on the work not taking care of opening the mail and dispursing it to the different departments; Te is the person who would step in and take care of the routine task of maticulously opening the mail and handing it to different departments with lots of care and attention -day after day after day, with hapiness and gladness; while Ti person would fall lazy and drop the method, but will get very upset if someone contridicts his system or trys to change it; only Ti can evaluate their own system of doing things, they will accept suggestions, but instead of changing the methods within the system, as in handing off duties to someone else who will take care of the mundane Te related work and tasks, Ti will create another system, this other system will be: Office manager (another person involved in the new system) will take care of opening the mail and dispursing it. Again, Ti doesn't care about managing mundane task, so if office manager falls behind on the work then Te will not enforce a policy to fire or rehire a new office manager with better workability, instead will creat another system or will add system upon system like, shared duty of opening the mail between office manager and receptionist; what happends with Ti is that all of these systems without Te (combining and efficientizing, productivity and working) will not work well unless they get lucky and create a system and hire a Te worker to take care of the work that needs to get done because they won't do it or they will fall short and fall behind. Now Si in service of Te sometime looks like Ti but it isn't because even though SiTe (SLI) will get lazy and bored, given a task or project they really like, they will do maticulous and good strong work at it. My Ti boss will go wrong when he assumes that the customer would have liked him to use the best system/way of handeling the care of his patient dispite getting consent so will sometimes F up and not get the proper consent to do a proceedure because he instituted a system (the best way of doing something) in assumption that that is the best way of going about doing it -this can backfire on Ti people because not everyone sees their way as the best way and their actions can cause them to move on assumptions that they are right and are doing the best thing possible. We've had customers who said, "look, you are the professional here, but your way is not the best way for me." But my boss didn't think about it that way, he is the system maker, he does or follows a protocal of systems in his own mind that makes sense for the recorse or action. This is why Ti will fail to consider other people's ways only going by their own way, which to others, especially other Irrational types, seems too rigid, too strict, nonsense, etc...lol

I hope this was a good example of Ti vrs Te and now give me some time to dig examples of Fi PoLF and Fe PoLR...
Old 05/06/2010, 07:29 PM

I have a good sense of what needs to be done and open to hearing if someone has a better way of doing things. I want things done as fast as possible, but at the same time done right.Can't stand when people spend too much time on irrelevant details.

Some other work habits:
I only like doing what I'm good at(I'm good at selling and get paid for it; can't stand doing mundane things like operations as I see nothing to be gained from it, I'll let the people who enjoy doing it take priority on it)
Don't like it when people hover over me or touch things around my desk(territorial)
I like people in short bursts, not ones that linger, but I do like to joke around
Never whine or complain
Assertive when I have to be
Prefer to get what needs to get done and then just chill out
Don't like people running around like a bunch of clowns, or yellin for attention
I like to do one thing at a time, don't come up to me asking me to do 10 things when I'm busy

Last edited by natemaldonado; 05/06/2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05/06/2010, 11:46 PM

Cyclops, I did some more research on the matter since you felt I was se leading. Anyways, the only thing I had been confused about was introversion and extraversion, and from reading socionics.us"s article on introversion/ extraversion, I am a socionics introvert
Old 06/06/2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Cyclops, I did some more research on the matter since you felt I was se leading. Anyways, the only thing I had been confused about was introversion and extraversion, and from reading socionics.us"s article on introversion/ extraversion, I am a socionics introvert
would you be able to post a link to that article here?
Old 06/06/2010, 07:57 PM

Does this sound Fe Polr?

I was at the bar last night with two of my buddies. There was a girl there that my buddy was interested in but he wanted me to start the conversation in the group(he had met her before). Anyways, he kept nagging me so I embarrassed him by saying Hey to the girls, and said my buddy here's been wanting to talk to you. He got flustered and embarrassed chugged his beers and left while me and my other buddy laughed and went to go talk to the girls for a few minutes.
Old 06/06/2010, 08:00 PM

^ um, no, not especially. just kinda mean to that buddy of yours though... btw, why did you do that?
Old 06/06/2010, 08:11 PM

Well first, we were chilling outside at a table, and these two cute girls walked by and I told one that she had an amazing body. She showed semi interest but she was leaving kind of smiled and left with her friend looked back a bit. Then he harped and said you know for being part asian you've got pretty good game, and said that "if you were white you'd have done twice as much girls as me(like I have a problem in that department)" so i shunned it off and felt he was jealous as normal, you know it's w/e never really been a problem before. So we started chillin and moved spots back towards the bar. Then he notices the girl and I'm still a little ticked inside but I don't really show it outside. He's like Nate go start something with Paola(girl's friend) and I'll come in and talk to Kristen. I was like with your current prowess you should just go up there. Anyway's he kept nagging and I was like just go there, what do you expect me to hold your hand while you guys are one-on-one. It was just annoying me, so I went on and did that. Anyways, I've known the kid for 5 years and he's one of my best friends so its nothing, when we met back up at another bar, he was like I hate you haha

Last edited by natemaldonado; 06/06/2010 at 08:17 PM.
Old 06/06/2010, 08:12 PM
Gone on holiday...

If you have ever seen Top Gun, there's a quote from it, "You never ever EVER leave your wing man" employed sometimes in a group of my friends, which although somewhat childish, it can be amusing enough when drinking or engaging in some other activity, but it basically means loyalty comes first, as that's important to us, we wouldn't abandon our friends easily. What I'm getting at is that it sums up our sentiment.

But then this particular group I speak of is delta ST, mainly ISTp. Our Fi HA tends to make us value the ties we've built up.

So no I don't see it as Fe PoLR. This and your extraverted approach just shows Se leading to me once again.

Last edited by Cyclops; 06/06/2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06/06/2010, 08:44 PM

@Nate: interesting dynamic between you and your friend. Btw, what makes him one of your best friends? Or how did you get to become best friends?

Also, yeah, I agree with Cy on the loyalty bit in Delta.
Old 07/06/2010, 05:21 AM

For sake of intellectual discussion, distinguish SE vs SI
Old 07/06/2010, 08:26 AM

Sooo.... here's my 2 cents on the difference between ESTp & ISTp, gathered from real-life interaction.

ESTp: usually have a muscular build. cares about external appearance. TERRIBLE liars, soooo easy to detect when they're lying. usually moves from one partner to the next easily (without emotion, iow). lots of physical movement, even when just chillin' with friends. lots of energy, so as a way to release it they are involved in some kind of sport. talk a lot of smack. don't make very many jokes, or if they do, they're not that funny (sry! just my opinion! ). always ready to fight. tend to physically destroy a lot of stuff b/c of all that energy, restlessness, mostly accidental, though. usually don't have a large vocabulary. easy on the eyes..whoops... ha, ha, ha,... ummm usually don't have any plans for the future, 'cause they are *that* present-focused. Boastful.

ISTp: movements are more sluggish. cares less about external appearance (grooming, iow). cares about how they feel, as in sweaty, cold, etc. care about how they smell. initially quiet, as you get to know them, they gradually talk more. sometimes they project a certain type of unhappiness, like they feel chained to their circumstances & can't see a way out. they are knowledgeable on the most random & yet interesting stuff. tend to have culinary inclinations. they're like icebergs, with so much of their feelings, thoughts, talents, etc hidden under the surface. not sexually aggressive. make for better liars. playful, joke around a lot, occasionally pull pranks on friends. Prideful.

Last edited by nahbee1235; 07/06/2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: more stuff to write
Old 07/06/2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahbee1235 View Post
Sooo.... here's my 2 cents on the difference between ESTp & ISTp, gathered from real-life interaction.

ESTp: usually have a muscular build. cares about external appearance. TERRIBLE liars, soooo easy to detect when they're lying. usually moves from one partner to the next easily (without emotion, iow). lots of physical movement, even when just chillin' with friends. lots of energy, so as a way to release it they are involved in some kind of sport. talk a lot of smack. don't make very many jokes, or if they do, they're not that funny (sry! just my opinion! ). always ready to fight. tend to physically destroy a lot of stuff b/c of all that energy, restlessness, mostly accidental, though. usually don't have a large vocabulary. easy on the eyes..whoops... ha, ha, ha,... ummm usually don't have any plans for the future, 'cause they are *that* present-focused. Boastful.

ISTp: movements are more sluggish. cares less about external appearance (grooming, iow). cares about how they feel, as in sweaty, cold, etc. care about how they smell. initially quiet, as you get to know them, they gradually talk more. sometimes they project a certain type of unhappiness, like they feel chained to their circumstances & can't see a way out. they are knowledgeable on the most random & yet interesting stuff. tend to have culinary inclinations. they're like icebergs, with so much of their feelings, thoughts, talents, etc hidden under the surface. not sexually aggressive. make for better liars. playful, joke around a lot, occasionally pull pranks on friends. Prideful.

Both can work out and have muscles all types can.
Old 07/06/2010, 08:12 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDarman View Post
Then you have him very wrong, read his autobio and you will see what I see .

He never wrote an autobio, he only wrote an introduction to a biography of Richard Schickel

I'm sorry for you but Eastwood is introverted and still it.

"Maybe being an introvert gives me, by sheer accident, a certin screen presence, a mystique."---Eastwood on his screen persona quoted in The New York Times, November 21, 1993.

..." Young Clint attended eight grammar schools and later described himself as having been a lonely, introverted child."...
Clint Eastwood " Playboy Interview March, 1997"

..."'When I was growing up I wasnít an extrovert. If anything I was an introverted kid, and a very average pupil at school. I was very quiet. My dad, though, he was the opposite; he was very outgoing. People really loved him. He was spectacular, in fact, and he would have been a great actor. That would have been something to see; he would have enjoyed every minute of it.í
Following his fatherís wishes, he graduated from high school and had intended to study music at the University of Seattle, until he was drafted into the Army at the outbreak of the Korean War in 1950."...Eastwood Interviewed Daily Telegragh Interview Feb 3rd 2010 By Will Lawrence
Old 07/06/2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zampa View Post
He never wrote an autobio, he only wrote an introduction to a biography of Richard Schickel

I'm sorry for you but Eastwood is introverted and still it.

"Maybe being an introvert gives me, by sheer accident, a certin screen presence, a mystique."---Eastwood on his screen persona quoted in The New York Times, November 21, 1993.

..." Young Clint attended eight grammar schools and later described himself as having been a lonely, introverted child."...
Clint Eastwood " Playboy Interview March, 1997"

..."'When I was growing up I wasn’t an extrovert. If anything I was an introverted kid, and a very average pupil at school. I was very quiet. My dad, though, he was the opposite; he was very outgoing. People really loved him. He was spectacular, in fact, and he would have been a great actor. That would have been something to see; he would have enjoyed every minute of it.’
Following his father’s wishes, he graduated from high school and had intended to study music at the University of Seattle, until he was drafted into the Army at the outbreak of the Korean War in 1950."...Eastwood Interviewed Daily Telegragh Interview Feb 3rd 2010 By Will Lawrence
Intoversion has nothing to do with socialness; it has to do with what you enjoy activities from, your inner world, as in when your eyes are open are you all there or in you head and mind, or the outer world, as in when your eyes are open are you observing and taking in a lot of your environment; you can't tell these socionics functions from sociability...that's MBTI. In socionics SF and NF types are very social even though many are introverts.