Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 08/04/2010, 10:11 AM

Default INFP & ENTJ relationship

From what I've read it seems like my boyfriend and I are complete opposites, but does this mean we can complement eachother well? I can help him with considering other people's feelings and perspectives and broaden his understanding, while he can drive me to achieve things, and remind me when I'm being illogical/irrational. We do get irritated with eachother sometimes but we are both mature and just talk through our differences, we don't ever have a passionate argument about things. I hope it stays like this.

Has anyone else experienced this relationship? Opinions?
Old 30/04/2010, 05:28 PM

aww i feel so bad no ones answered your question
Old 30/04/2010, 10:31 PM
The Looks

ENTj is INFp's supervisor.

http://www.socionics.com/rel/sp.htm

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."
Old 30/04/2010, 10:40 PM

Assuming that you are correctly typed:
You are not complementary, first of all you're both Intuitive, then perfect complementary are (Dual relationships):
- INFp + ESTp
- ENTj + ISFj.

INFp has Te-PoLR (point of least resistance) that means a weakness and irritation to Extroverted Logic, the Base function of the ENTj. In human terms, it's about planning and doing what has to be "accomplished". It is very hard for an INFp to stick to a routine, production, schedule, repetition, or things like this which are a requirement for an ENTj - a very organized and scheduled type. So it's one of the worst relationships, actually the ENTj supervises the INFp - which means that disagrees with it and tries to correct it.

Both are Introverted Intuition () types, that means possibilities and possibilities with no practical capacity to filter them.
Old 19/05/2010, 10:20 PM

if you're getting SOMETHING out of the relationship then its alright
but if you want something youre not getting then that could be better (possibly with someone else)
i read somewhere about one of the top people behind socionics (sorry completely lack of details) but the general jist was that all different types of relations can work well depending on the context

and from what youve written combined by the fact you are IN A RELATIONSHIP in the first place you guys are probably getting something from each other, even if you wont die together or something

my advice has little everything to do with socionics !!

ALTHOUGH then again mihai could have a point. if you are in a relationship of supervision you probably wouldnt really think it was a bad relationship, because the nature of supervision is that the one in the lower position IS LISTENING and thinks they SHOULD BE LISTENING. so you mightve tricked yourself. but i cant tell by reading a couple sentences on the internets i am afraid

but then a whole nother argument you could bring in is that you might be typed or you might have typed THEM wrong. and the reason i say this is because a mistype can cause massive misconceptions, and type is a kinda complex thing (at least the way i see it, but this could be because im massively cautious when typing people in my life for fear of mistyping. although other times it seems crystal clear)

Last edited by goldgoldgold; 19/05/2010 at 10:26 PM.
Old 21/05/2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldgoldgold View Post

ALTHOUGH then again mihai could have a point. if you are in a relationship of supervision you probably wouldnt really think it was a bad relationship, because the nature of supervision is that the one in the lower position IS LISTENING and thinks they SHOULD BE LISTENING.
interesting, this never happened to me irl life. i find my supervisor too oppressive and all i want to do is get the hell away from him/her as soon as "supervising" becomes obvious. but maybe it's completely different in romantic relationships...sorry, this isn't very helpful at all