Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 30/04/2010, 11:09 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
I see the bolded part as a stretch at best, possibly connected with rationality.
Why do you see that?
Quote:
Besides, Yury's second sentence is something he's DOING.
Yeah, he's going on a progam to help kids that typically don't have drive or necessary success levels in the outside world - needing some push and guidance resulting in Yuri's case at least in part from inactivity.
Quote:
Plus, yellowfever specifically asked for goals, aspirations, and interests, so those things being mainly what Yury wrote about says nothing about his type.
And what he wrote in this thread is more in line with the introverted dichotomy than the extraverted dichotomy.

We compare what Yuri wrote to what Jung wrote about introversion and extraversion, along with all the other relavent material to reach this conclusion. I think you are capable of doing this too, but for some reason you don't.
Old 30/04/2010, 05:02 PM
The Looks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Why do you see that? Yeah, he's going on a progam to help kids that typically don't have drive or necessary success levels in the outside world - needing some push and guidance resulting in Yuri's case at least in part from inactivity. And what he wrote in this thread is more in line with the introverted dichotomy than the extraverted dichotomy.
First, I don't think we know enough about Yury's situation to make type-related judgements about it. Second, extroverts drop out of school too. I think it's too big of a generalization to say that someone who is inactive has to be an introvert. EPs can be extremely lethargic for long periods of time, while IJs get stuff done at a slow but steady rate.

Quote:
We compare what Yuri wrote to what Jung wrote about introversion and extraversion, along with all the other relavent material to reach this conclusion. I think you are capable of doing this too, but for some reason you don't.
I guess the problem is that I don't really see the Jungian I/E dichotomy as a reliable typing tool, especially over the internet.

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."
Old 30/04/2010, 05:41 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
First, I don't think we know enough about Yury's situation to make type-related judgements about it.
I too think there is not enough information in his post here to say for certain what type he is, and that's something i've never disputed.

Quote:
Second, extroverts drop out of school too. I think it's too big of a generalization to say that someone who is inactive has to be an introvert. EPs can be extremely lethargic for long periods of time, while IJs get stuff done at a slow but steady rate.
I have never said extraverts can't drop out of school and more than introverts can. I am not aware of a correlation there.

It is a fact however that extraverts are typically more active than introverts, and you do not know what you are talking about if you are being serious in disputing that. It doesn't matter about the temperament, they are still E's and their natural direction is towards the external world, even if their energy levels can fluctuate in the short term in comparison to their fellow J extraverts.

Quote:
I guess the problem is that I don't really see the Jungian I/E dichotomy as a reliable typing tool, especially over the internet.
Jungian I and E is crucial to socionics, without it socionics is nothing, and everything that the qualified psychologist with a huge data bank of patients had at his disposal to analyse and present to the world in Psychological Types is worthless.

It is common sense to assume that an expert, who bases his conclusions on a sound education and empirical research is correct over you not "really" seeing the Jungian I/E dichotomy as a reliable typing tool.

Now, do we know for certain that he is an introvert? No we don't as yet, but we do know based on the information provided to us in this thread so far, that he is far more likely to be an introvert than an extravert, and that is an indisuputable fact.

Last edited by Cyclops; 30/04/2010 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01/05/2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
that is an indisuputable fact.
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
Old 03/05/2010, 11:07 AM

Yellowfever is a real loser. I posted my self-description a week ago and didn't get any answer, just because he/she received criticism. If he/she cannot handle criticism then he/she shouldn't have volunteered for typing from the beginning.
Old 04/05/2010, 05:52 AM
Omnomnom

I can see why you would be irritated; it probably would have been a good idea to let you guys know if there was going to be a delay. Seeing as how he took some time to get back to the others, though, he's not necessarily hiding from criticism. Maybe he's busy. Have you tried PMing him again?
Old 05/05/2010, 01:34 PM

I think you shouldn't judge him so harsh, I got my result back some days later than expected, but he wrote quite much. That means he put some effort in it and it's not just some senseless rambling. Don't forget that this is for free.